Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 09:11 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,416,033 times

Advertisements

Three months after her 19-year-old daughter was struck by two separate hit-and-run drivers and left for dead on a busy highway north of Longmont, Judy Lujan's pain and frustration are still evident.

"I have nothing but contempt for anyone who could drive off and leave a fellow human being to die on the highway like roadkill," Lujan said.

The mother and about three dozen friends and family members gathered for a tribute Saturday at the spot on U.S. 287 near Vermillion Road where her daughter, former Boulder High School student Cerridwyn "Kerry" Lujan, was killed.

Those close to her helped dedicate a sign there in her memory and want harsher penalties for hit-and-run drivers.

Mourning mom wants new hit-and-run law : Local News : The Rocky Mountain News

Old 09-02-2008, 09:56 AM

50,355 posts, read 47,109,092 times
Be careful, the "I love Illegal Immigrants" folks will use it as a point that the Illegals have no choice but to flee accidents because they will be deported. It doesn't matter how heinous the crime, it's all about them being able to stay.

Old 09-02-2008, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Be careful, the "I love Illegal Immigrants" folks will use it as a point that the Illegals have no choice but to flee accidents because they will be deported. It doesn't matter how heinous the crime, it's all about them being able to stay.
Sad bunch that they are, I wouldn't doubt it.

Old 09-02-2008, 12:38 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,671,547 times
ANOTHER stretch for you Jdubs. this has absolutely nothing to do with immigration. there is no mention of immigration whatsover. all you do is post article after article with hopes of a tenous link to immigration.

you speak of reading comprehension, but im begining to think you have no idea what that means. otherwise you would know that this case was a case of drunk driving. not illegals.

this is getting scary. your fascination with immigration, and your attempt to link everything to immigration is not very healthy. this poor woman lost a daughter to a vile driver who did not stop. the one that did get caught was possibly under the influence. thats all we know. those are the facts!

putting this in immigration makes as much sense as putting it in any other forum and labeling it, "watch out for black people": they do hit and runs. there is no mention that anyone was black, so why would i assume they were? there is not mention that anyone was illegal, so why would YOU assume they were?
very unhealthy.
poor mom. i would think you would have some compassion for this woman instead of trying to prove a point.
anyone who has suffered the unanswered questions of sudden violent death would know this. and even if i hadnt had a hit and run in my family i would still feel compassion.
you need to start dealing in facts. and stop making assumptions.
this is sad. on many levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Three months after her 19-year-old daughter was struck by two separate hit-and-run drivers and left for dead on a busy highway north of Longmont, Judy Lujan's pain and frustration are still evident.

"I have nothing but contempt for anyone who could drive off and leave a fellow human being to die on the highway like roadkill," Lujan said.

The mother and about three dozen friends and family members gathered for a tribute Saturday at the spot on U.S. 287 near Vermillion Road where her daughter, former Boulder High School student Cerridwyn "Kerry" Lujan, was killed.

Those close to her helped dedicate a sign there in her memory and want harsher penalties for hit-and-run drivers.

Mourning mom wants new hit-and-run law : Local News : The Rocky Mountain News

Old 09-02-2008, 01:45 PM

50,355 posts, read 47,109,092 times
As with Political office holders mainstream newspapers avoid any topic pertaining to actual criminal activity by a certain niche in society like the plague for fear of dropping usership.

A good example, if you want to see it you have to go find it.

Federal data highlight state hit-and-run trend | Investigative Reporters and Editors, Inc. The IRE Journal | Find Articles at BNET

"We found that about half the hit-and-run drivers had a reason to flee: their licenses had either been revoked or they never had one."

Well gee, did we really have to go to all that number crunching to figure that one out? Take three drivers: one drunk, one here illegally and one legal and not drunk. If all three cause an accident who do you think is going to stick around? I'd say in order the legal citizen, the drunk citizen and last the drunk or not drunk Illegal Alien.

Old 09-02-2008, 02:06 PM

1,417 posts, read 1,158,614 times
What does this have to do with immigration?

Old 09-02-2008, 02:59 PM

nothing at all.

this is about hit and run drivers.

and those come in all shapes and sizes.

didnt some senator hit a bycyclist in DC a while back. he took off.
should i assume he was an illegal?

Old 09-02-2008, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
nothing at all.

this is about hit and run drivers.

and those come in all shapes and sizes.

didnt some senator hit a bycyclist in DC a while back. he took off.
should i assume he was an illegal?
Oh puleeze . . . . do yourselves a favor and stop denying the obvious. Not only was a hit and run accident rarely heard of in America prior to this illegal alien invasion, so was identity theft.

We all know who it is doing it, let's not pretend otherwise. I'm sorry you happen to share a race or ethnicity with them (or maybe even their illegal alien status) but it is what it is. The culturally embedded denial and lack of personal responsibility is not only pathetic but indicative of why the hell hole your parents (and possibly you) originate from will forever remain a corruption filled, poverty stricken hot mess.

Unless you can prove otherwise stop playing your tired, juvenile game of gotcha.

Here's a link to several pages full of proof, read 'em and weep:

http://www.google.com/search?client=...=Google+Search

Last edited by JDubsMom; 09-02-2008 at 04:02 PM..

Old 09-02-2008, 05:04 PM

how mature of you. any more personal attacks?

face it, when someone proves you wrong you cant handle it. you revert to a juvenile state.

wow.

and now apparently hit and runs didnt exist before an "illegal invasion".

you know, the more garbage you spew, the crazier you sound.

mod, can this thread be shut down?

it has nothing to do with immigration.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Oh puleeze . . . . do yourselves a favor and stop denying the obvious. Not only was a hit and run accident rarely heard of in America prior to this illegal alien invasion, so was identity theft.

We all know who it is doing it, let's not pretend otherwise. I'm sorry you happen to share a race or ethnicity with them (or maybe even their illegal alien status) but it is what it is. The culturally embedded denial and lack of personal responsibility is not only pathetic but indicative of why the hell hole your parents (and possibly you) originate from will forever remain a corruption filled, poverty stricken hot mess.

Unless you can prove otherwise stop playing your tired, juvenile game of gotcha.

Here's a link to several pages full of proof, read 'em and weep:

Statistics of illegal aliens fleeing the scene of an accident - Google Search

Old 09-02-2008, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
how mature of you. any more personal attacks?

face it, when someone proves you wrong you cant handle it. you revert to a juvenile state.

wow.

and your a mom?
What does my personal life have to do with illegal immigration? If you feel I am guilty of a personal attack feel free to alert the moderator.

In the meantime, give the HIJACKING OF THE THREAD A REST.

BACK O/T: As I stated earlier: Read em and weep.

http://www.google.com/search?client=...oogle+Search:D
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.