Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 06:49 AM

3,645 posts, read 4,927,971 times

Advertisements

This is more good news. AZ law has them dropping like flies. It is about time that they finally see that Americans are sick of the special treatment that they used to get. At least AZ has finally gone after them. Be prepared for some sob stories here though. We are supposed to feel sorry for the criminals at large.

Arizona law has illegal students dropping out

August 17th, 2008 @ 11:14am

Changing laws have made life tougher for illegal immigrants in Arizona, including young people giving up dreams of college and better lives because they are unable to pay out-of-state tuition as required by voters.

With privately funded grants and scholarships lagging far behind the demand, some would-be students have dropped out, and others are considering a return to homelands they hardly remember in search of opportunity.
At 22, Jesus Pineda has lived half his life in Tucson. After arriving here at age 11, Pineda learned English in three months, eventually graduated from Catalina High Magnet School and started working with his dad at their family business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2008, 07:15 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,331,280 times
Great news. Now a qualified American can have the slot.

Wow-he is considering a return to Mexico. Bingo! Proof that if we sealed our border, enforced laws and cut off ALL benefits to illegal aliens-most would self-deport!

I am just curious-how is he working full-time if he is an illegal alien?

Old 08-18-2008, 07:24 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,145,796 times
Quote:
Going back to Mexico is not a good option, said activists who see congressional approval of the proposed ``Dream Act'' as the only solution.
Disrespecting our nation is not a good option either, you bunch of lawbreakers. If anything: I would be pissed at my parents----------not the USA.

Old 08-18-2008, 04:24 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,630,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Great news. Now a qualified American can have the slot.

Wow-he is considering a return to Mexico. Bingo! Proof that if we sealed our border, enforced laws and cut off ALL benefits to illegal aliens-most would self-deport!

I am just curious-how is he working full-time if he is an illegal alien?
He works for his dad---thats how

Old 08-18-2008, 06:44 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,172,928 times
I hope his dad is following Social Security laws and reporting income to the IRS.

Old 08-18-2008, 07:12 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,273,270 times
Very, Very good news

Old 08-18-2008, 10:29 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times
Very good for Arizona, but I doubt they're actually going back home to Mexico -- probably coming here to add to our tax burden.

Old 08-19-2008, 04:33 AM

3,645 posts, read 4,927,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Very good for Arizona, but I doubt they're actually going back home to Mexico -- probably coming here to add to our tax burden.
That is what I suspect, just moving to other states, like CA. Does anyone even think CA needs anymore illegals. The state is overrun with them now.

Old 08-19-2008, 07:13 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,145,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Actually; since ca. 1 million Mexican nationals (most of whom were here illegally) have already self deported------------quite a few states are enjoying the decline

Old 09-04-2008, 06:36 PM

4 posts, read 7,500 times
okay well, I dont see how thats good news, when my daughter's friend who is illegal and also goes with her to college told me that she was illegal I couldnt believe it, I try to tell my daughter to stop hanging out with her,now that I think about it I was stupid, anyway my daughter told me that she and others were friends with her because she was cool. I couldnt really think what was so cool about it until she told me what her friend did to pay her tuition, She explain to me that her friend work on scrap metal to get money for her school , when my daughter told me that I couldnt believe it, and that she had to pay as twice as much as her for her schooling. So I try to get to know her more, and the more I got to know the more I liked her, she wasnt a bad influence, nor a bad girl, neither was her family, and to my surprise I learn that her parents were actually paying taxes, and were actually doing everything else as legal as they could. So I ask you again, its this really fair for everybody. No I dont think so. Heck they should def. secure our borders, and see what we can do with the rest of the illegals, I propose that the gov' should get certain qualifications for those people and if they can't qualify than they should be deported.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration