Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 11:01 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,405,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
They're all scum.....Daley, Blago, Obama. Good Grief. The Holy Trinity already.
Truer words were never spoken. While dumb Dickie Daley isn't half the racist his fat evil daddy was, he is just as crooked. Gov. Helmet Head is another stupid but shrewd crook. Obama, is not the naive little community worker he was 20 years ago. Did you notice that Daley was constantly giving interviews and mugging for the cameras at the democratic convention? I can just see it now if Obama is elected there will be Chicago style politics to finish what is left of Washington.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2008, 11:16 AM

5,475 posts, read 12,240,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Truer words were never spoken. While dumb Dickie Daley isn't half the racist his fat evil daddy was, he is just as crooked. Gov. Helmet Head is another stupid but shrewd crook. Obama, is not the naive little community worker he was 20 years ago. Did you notice that Daley was constantly giving interviews and mugging for the cameras at the democratic convention? I can just see it now if Obama is elected there will be Chicago style politics to finish what is left of Washington.
Yep. The machine will extend it's grip beyond the Illinois state borders. I think we're already seeing this on so many fronts in our country. It's like the walls are closing in. We're no longer "we the people." It's become "I the Fed"

Old 09-19-2008, 11:19 AM

9,599 posts, read 31,685,641 times
Quote:
In a nutshell. Thus, Illinois Senator, Barack Obama (who IMHO is cut from the same political rag) as POTUS will equal the end of American sovereignty.
Quote:
They're all scum.....Daley, Blago, Obama. Good Grief. The Holy Trinity already.
SCARY THOUGHT but, unfortunately . . . VERY ACCURATE!

Old 09-19-2008, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Yep. The machine will extend it's grip beyond the Illinois state borders. I think we're already seeing this on so many fronts in our country. It's like the walls are closing in. We're no longer "we the people." It's become "I the Fed"
Just the thought of Chicago's crooks being acknowledged on a national level scares the hell out of me. Would you like to join me in Siberia? At least I'll have one friend when I get there.

Old 09-19-2008, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Just the thought of Chicago's crooks being acknowledged on a national level scares the hell out of me. Would you like to join me in Siberia? At least I'll have one friend when I get there.
Siberia doesn't sound very good to me. Certainly we can find a nice little island somewhere in the South Pacific?

My dad has worked in the Chicago press for the past 40+ years. I've seen and heard alot regarding the Chicago machine. Probably too much. Many Chicagoans are aware of the "machine." Much like those Russians who lived under communism who said "At least we KNOW it's propaganda."

Obama is just a bi-product of those machine tactics: plowing down runways in the middle of the night, hiring buddies to put on the payroll, etc. If you have not already, read the book "American Pharoah" about Daley Sr. Scary stuff.

Old 09-19-2008, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Siberia doesn't sound very good to me. Certainly we can find a nice little island somewhere in the South Pacific?

My dad has worked in the Chicago press for the past 40+ years. I've seen and heard alot regarding the Chicago machine. Probably too much. Many Chicagoans are aware of the "machine." Much like those Russians who lived under communism who said "At least we KNOW it's propaganda."

Obama is just a bi-product of those machine tactics: plowing down runways in the middle of the night, hiring buddies to put on the payroll, etc. If you have not already, read the book "American Pharoah" about Daley Sr. Scary stuff.
I bet your dad has some stories that would make me grow wings. That being said, I was a small child growing up in Chicago during Dickie's daddy's reign. While I haven't read the book, I can tell you nightmare quality stories from my childhood. He was one of the most, ignorant vile racist spawned. Satan had nothing on him. Our nickname for him was Bulldog Daley and we knew "our place". My great grandfather warned us at an early age to never ever to go anywhere near Bridgeport unless we were in a vehicle driving past or riding the 8 Halsted bus pass it. They used to throw bricks at us when they spotted blacks riding the bus pass Bridgeport. Killing black people was sport back in those days.

I know all about the lock down of the Irish who were the only people allowed to hold Police and Fire Dept. jobs. I'm sure we could trade a multitude of stories.

As for Obama, sadly, he and Stroger, Jr. (another corrupt idiot) are representative of how far racial harmony has come in Chicago. You only need to be corrupt to qualify now, being white is no longer mandatory.

As for relocation plans, I'm game for the South Pacific, you name the place, I'll meet you there.-lol

Last edited by JDubsMom; 09-19-2008 at 12:13 PM..

Old 09-19-2008, 12:26 PM

Quote:
I bet your dad has some stories that would make me grow wings. That being said, I was a small child growing up in Chicago during Dickie's daddy's reign. While I haven't read the book, I can tell you nightmare quality stories from my childhood. He was one of the most, ignorant vile racist spawned. Satan had nothing on him. Our nickname for him was Bulldog Daley and we knew "our place". My great grandfather warned us at an early age to never ever to go anywhere near Bridgeport unless we were in a vehicle driving past or riding the 8 Halsted bus pass it. They used to throw bricks at us when they spotted blacks riding the bus pass Bridgeport. Killing black people was sport back in those days.

I know all about the lock down of the Irish who were the only people allowed to hold Police and Fire Dept. jobs. I'm sure we could trade a multitude of stories.

As for Obama, sadly, he and Stroger, Jr. (another corrupt idiot) are representative of how far racial harmony has come in Chicago. You only need to be corrupt to qualify now, being white is no longer mandatory.

As for relocation plans, I'm game for the South Pacific, you name the place, I'll meet you there.-lol
That's just deplorable (Daley's treatment--the bricks, the racism). It saddens me that Chicago is such a racially polarized city. I left when I joined the Navy. I remember visiting after being away from some years, and hearing my older relatives refer to people as "spicks, japs, wops, chinks" and on and on. I asked my grandmother "Since when did all these terrible nicknames become so popular?" and she said "It's always been this way. You've just been away too long." THank God for that.

Unfortunately, I think a community takes its cues from its leadership and that sort of mentality becomes the thought undercurrent.

Old 09-19-2008, 12:46 PM

Quote:
That's just deplorable (Daley's treatment--the bricks, the racism). It saddens me that Chicago is such a racially polarized city. I left when I joined the Navy. I remember visiting after being away from some years, and hearing my older relatives refer to people as "spicks, japs, wops, chinks" and on and on. I asked my grandmother "Since when did all these terrible nicknames become so popular?" and she said "It's always been this way. You've just been away too long." THank God for that.

Unfortunately, I think a community takes its cues from its leadership and that sort of mentality becomes the thought undercurrent.
Thank you so much for your service to our country! I am so happy you escaped, one less of "them" in the world equals hope for the future.

Chicago has beautiful architecture and the people for the most part are friendly on the surface. That's where it gets twisted.

Unless you are a native of or know Chicago's true history and colors (as do we) those who are transplants or visitors have no idea. Thus it's reputation as being a wonderful, friendly city lives on.

The racial polarization is indeed very sad. There is a young white kid in my office and he is from Oak Lawn and we've shared many discussions about the realities of racism in Chicago and it's surrounding neighborhoods. Thanks to his parents, he is not a product of the racial hatred that stems from there. My son thinks he wants to live in Chicago when he graduates college. I keep telling him it's only because he grew up in the burbs and led a very sheltered life, that he sees Chicago through rose colored glasses. He'll find out on his own the hard way that all that glitters isn't gold.

ITA with your observation and your grandma's assessment is dead on!

Old 09-25-2008, 01:26 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,375,727 times
What nonsense about Obama. Greatest candidate for the highest office in recent memory.

Chicago, a sanctuary city? Hard to imagine.

Old 09-25-2008, 04:40 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,475,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
What nonsense about Obama. Greatest candidate for the highest office in recent memory.

Chicago, a sanctuary city? Hard to imagine.
I have lived in Crook County for over 20 years. Chicago is a sanctuary city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration