Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 05:04 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,409,544 times

Advertisements

MEXICO CITY — The U.S. Coast Guard says it intercepted a submarine-like vessel carrying 7 tons of cocaine off Central America's coast.

The Coast Guard says a U.S. Navy aircraft spotted the 60-foot vessel Wednesday about 400 miles south of the Mexico-Guatemala border.

The Coast Guard sank the vessel after determining it was too unstable to be towed to port.

The Coast Guard's statement Friday did not say if anyone was arrested. Officials didn't immediately return calls seeking comment.

The bust came four days after the U.S. Coast Guard and Navy seized another homemade submarine carrying 7 tons of cocaine. That craft was towed to a Coast Rican port and four Colombians on board were arrested.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,425677,00.html

When will our government realize we've had enough?

Old 09-20-2008, 06:08 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,753,445 times
What are you suggesting the government does, other than work to intercept drug traffickers like they do in all the stories you post?
By the way, not immigration related.

Old 09-20-2008, 06:27 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,727,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
What are you suggesting the government does, other than work to intercept drug traffickers like they do in all the stories you post?
By the way, not immigration related.
I wonder if the OP is pointing out how very pourus our borders are and the fact that if the US military is able to stop drug trafficers then they may be equally be able to stop or slow down the flood of illegal immigrants crossing those borders....

Old 09-20-2008, 07:01 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,753,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
I wonder if the OP is pointing out how very pourus our borders are and the fact that if the US military is able to stop drug trafficers then they may be equally be able to stop or slow down the flood of illegal immigrants crossing those borders....
yeah that has to be it.

If you followed JDubs posts a little more, you'd see she likes to point out any crimes by Mexicans to show the culture of corruption we are dealing with.

And how is a story of authorities intercepting drug dealers showing how porous the borders are?

Old 09-21-2008, 09:00 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
yeah that has to be it.

If you followed JDubs posts a little more, you'd see she likes to point out any crimes by Mexicans to show the culture of corruption we are dealing with.

And how is a story of authorities intercepting drug dealers showing how porous the borders are?
Actually it does illustrate the border problem. It shows how arrogant, and unconcerned the drug smugglers arein terms of our security. As a former sub hunter I would love the job of hunting down and sinking those subs.
I'll do it for free on my weekends off as a matter of fact. Just give me the resourses. No doubt many of my fellow sub hunters would be up for the game. No need for coastguard assistance. Puddlepirates belong in shallow water anyway. LOL

Old 09-21-2008, 12:09 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Actually it does illustrate the border problem. It shows how arrogant, and unconcerned the drug smugglers arein terms of our security. As a former sub hunter I would love the job of hunting down and sinking those subs.
I'll do it for free on my weekends off as a matter of fact. Just give me the resourses. No doubt many of my fellow sub hunters would be up for the game. No need for coastguard assistance. Puddlepirates belong in shallow water anyway. LOL
It also shows how cowardly and ineffective our 'leaders' are. If our government had either any brains or any b*lls, they would be actively recruiting skilled volunteers such as yourself and your colleagues to help in the fight against this threat. As it is, the gubmint will probably reimburse whatever banana republic the sub came from for the cost of the sub we sunk and the cost of the lost cargo.

Old 09-21-2008, 12:24 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,429,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
It also shows how cowardly and ineffective our 'leaders' are. If our government had either any brains or any b*lls, they would be actively recruiting skilled volunteers such as yourself and your colleagues to help in the fight against this threat. As it is, the gubmint will probably reimburse whatever banana republic the sub came from for the cost of the sub we sunk and the cost of the lost cargo.
I just say.........they better not!!!

Old 09-21-2008, 01:12 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,929,654 times
Since when does the jurisdiction of the U.S. Coast Guard reach down into International waters outside another country far away from the continental U.S. Border?. After all, we are not the Police of the World. Next thing they will be crusing outside the waters of Bolivia or Peru. Steve

Old 09-21-2008, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
We need more men like you to do the job. I have no doubt it would be done the right way. So much so, the cartels would quit trying. It's just mind numbing how desperately determined these wilderbeasts have become.

Old 09-21-2008, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
I couldn't agree more and I also don't doubt that they are dumb enough to seek them out and pay them for the damage. With our tax dollars of course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration