Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 06:37 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
C’mon, One, are you suggesting Mexican consulates are paying legal fees for illegal aliens? Perhaps you will be so kind to post a link to substantiate your claim. In any case, the lion’s share of the costs incurred for these illegal alien miscreants is paid by the hard-working taxpayers of this country.

Let’s assume Mexico pays for legal representation. Who pays the salaries of police officers who arrest, interrogate, and investigate these criminals? Who pays the salaries of the forensic staff? Who pays the salaries of the DA and staff prosecuting these cases? Who pays the salaries of the judges who preside over these cases? Who pays the salaries of bailiffs, court stenographers, and other administrative staff? What about the fees paid to the jurors? What about the cost of incarceration? Please don’t tell me Mexico covers these costs, because I assure you, it doesn’t.

Whatever nominal fees the Mexican Government may pay, is but a mere drop in a HUMUNGOUS bucket.

I am not “assuming” Mexico is complicit. I know Mexico is complicit. Who fails to provide for its illiterate underclass, and encourages them to illegally enter this country to “seek a better life?” Who publishes brochures with instructions on methods for “safe entry” into this country? Who benefits from billions of dollars in remittances from its illegal discards residing in this country? Who maintains 47 consulates in this country to “assist” these interlopers?

Any country that deliberately and methodically dumps millions of its citizens on the soil of a sovereign foreign nation, has in essence, designated said citizens as “agents.” Mexico sent them here, just as they have sent embassy and consulate personnel. They may not have an official title; nevertheless, they were sent here under the auspices of the Mexican Government.

As one of the hard-working taxpayers, I resent having my money squandered on illegal aliens; in particular, violent criminal scum. IMO, this is an egregious misappropriation of funds.

It’s ok if you think I am “still wrong.” Perhaps you didn’t hear; in this country, “wrong” is the new “right.”
Did you hear that whooshing sound?

That was the noise your post made as it sailed clear over the one's head.....

Excellent and articulate post, Benicar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2008, 08:31 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
The pro illegal crowd is definitely showing the classic signs of desperation.

Anymore: I smile whenever the ICE hammer falls of an illegal (or a thousand)

The above event is occurring more and more frequently.

Old 10-16-2008, 08:47 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,428,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post

I thought I heard something. It sounded like a dog panting with a mic in it's mouth. Kinda like the Presidential Debates.

Old 10-16-2008, 10:14 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post

Thanks, Kele. Obviously, we are banging our heads against an impervious brick wall. Illegal alien sympathizers simply cannot be reached.

Old 10-16-2008, 11:21 AM

307 posts, read 522,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Thanks, Kele. Obviously, we are banging our heads against an impervious brick wall. Illegal alien sympathizers simply cannot be reached.

As I'm sure you realize, Posting to try to change the minds of the posters on the other side almost never works. But don't get discouraged. Post for one or more of the reasons below.

Post to sway the opinion of those who read the forums but have yet to decide on the issue.

Post to help provide further info to others who agree with your position so they may be better informed.

Post to see the arguments from the other side and know where your own arguments are flawed and where they are rock solid.

Post to see if your position is truly flawed and if you need to modify or change it.

Do NOT post to try to change the poster on the other side. It's about as successful as trying to sway a hard core Obama or McCain supporter with your words alone. If however your mastery of the written word allows you to achieve this then celebrate as it is a rare event.

Random

Old 10-16-2008, 12:43 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,665,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
I thought I heard something. It sounded like a dog panting with a mic in it's mouth. Kinda like the Presidential Debates.
another example of our leaders doing nothing about the situation.

when have these two candidates talked about the immigration issue?

NEVER!!!!

WHY has it never been an issue at a debate?

i think you guys are completely missing what im saying.

your lil forums do very little, especially when its just a bunch of juvenile back and forth, constant complaining, and very few solutions.

its good you guys post tho. it does show how ignorant some of you are.

ya you guys are really changing the world.

Old 10-16-2008, 01:03 PM

There it goes again!!!!

Old 10-16-2008, 01:11 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
another example of our leaders doing nothing about the situation.

when have these two candidates talked about the immigration issue?

NEVER!!!!

WHY has it never been an issue at a debate?

i think you guys are completely missing what im saying.

your lil forums do very little, especially when its just a bunch of juvenile back and forth, constant complaining, and very few solutions.

its good you guys post tho. it does show how ignorant some of you are.

ya you guys are really changing the world.

Are you suggesting that those of us who are against illegal immigration start a la raza type lobbyist organization?
Or perhaps we should just suck it up, learn spanish and watch our jobs/salaries go south.

Listen, if you want to be a defeatist be my guest. Personally, I will fight it by calling and writing letters. And maybe amnesty will get struck down again, maybe not. But at least I would have tried.

Oh, and as to the reason it has not been a part of debates is what can the messiah and mcamnesty really talk about?
"I love the latino vote"
"No, I love the latino vote"
"I'll give away citizenship like candy"
"I'll give away citizenship like candy and export more jobs sob!"

And on and on it would go. Don't fool yourself that either obama or mccain have any sincere love or desire for the latino community to do well. They are both looking for an unquestioning voting block and indentured servitude for their business buddies.
Any you call us naive!

Old 10-16-2008, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Are you suggesting that those of us who are against illegal immigration start a la raza type lobbyist organization?
Or perhaps we should just suck it up, learn spanish and watch our jobs/salaries go south.

Listen, if you want to be a defeatist be my guest. Personally, I will fight it by calling and writing letters. And maybe amnesty will get struck down again, maybe not. But at least I would have tried.

Oh, and as to the reason it has not been a part of debates is what can the messiah and mcamnesty really talk about?
"I love the latino vote"
"No, I love the latino vote"
"I'll give away citizenship like candy"
"I'll give away citizenship like candy and export more jobs sob!"

And on and on it would go. Don't fool yourself that either obama or mccain have any sincere love or desire for the latino community to do well. They are both looking for an unquestioning voting block and indentured servitude for their business buddies.
Any you call us naive!
Amnesty has lost it's power. It was attached to another bill last time a was still stopped.

Old 10-16-2008, 01:21 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,665,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post

see thats exactly what im telling you guys. for those of you who have a serious problem with this. do something about it!

but it goes beyond a mere letter writing campaign. why werent there any "plants" at the debates who would question the candidates about immigration? why havent we seen that on the campaign trail? this would have been a perfect time to bring this issue to the forefront. (tryin to blame the media is not a good answer)

we have healthcare as an issue. we have employment as an issue. the housing crisis. crime. and according to you guys immigration is tied to all of this. so why has this issue not become paramount?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration