Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 04:19 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,405,301 times

Advertisements

This morning's NY Times trumpets a new S-CHIP vote tomorrow, one that tightens eligibility requirements so as to make certain that any children whose parents are undocumented will be unable to get health care. The new bill tightens eligibility for the program, generally barring the use of federal money to cover illegal immigrants, childless adults and children of families with incomes exceeding three times the poverty level: $61,950 for a family of four. "The bill addresses all of the concerns that were expressed by our colleagues and by the president," explained Speaker Nancy Pelosi. "We hope the Republicans will take yes for an answer." Fred Upton (R-MI), one of the almost 4 dozen Republicans who voted to override Bush's veto last week, said the changes improve the bill enough to sway more Republicans. Hey, maybe they will even get reactionary Democrats Jim Marshall (GA) and Gene Taylor (MS) aboard this time.

DownWithTyranny!: RAHM EMANUEL-- THE WRONG SPOKESPERSON FOR DEMOCRATS ON IMMIGRATION, ON HEALTH CARE, ON TRADE... ON EVERYTHING

This isn't the first time Emanuel has publicly encouraged Democrats to take right-wing stances on immigration. Basically, he has told everyone willing to listen that this is his advice. As I have written before, he has told multiple people I know that this is the reason he thinks so many Democratic women lost close races in 2006. As Howie Klein recently reported, he also appears to have disgusted several Democratic candidates for House in 2008 by recently telling them all at the training to do the same thing this year.

Open Left:: Why Isn't Rahm Emanuel His Brother's Keeper?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 04:42 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Thank you for making my day; JDubs!

Note the exquisite irony of Rahm Emanuel's last name.

Old 11-06-2008, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Thank you for making my day; JDubs!

Note the exquisite irony of Rahm Emanuel's last name.
You're welcome. I could see this board needed a positive light to be shed upon it. Keep in mind, Obama is a CHICAGO POLITICIAN, there is more than one reason for him appointing Rahm. When amnesty fails, he won't be accused of lying or letting LaRaza down.

Rahm brings the heat and has no problem taking it either.

Old 11-06-2008, 06:34 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,746,166 times
LOL, last time i checked Rahm would be doing the bidding of president Obama.

Old 11-07-2008, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
LOL, last time i checked Rahm would be doing the bidding of president Obama.

While you're LOL? Here's a little food for thought.

The economy is tanking, and hundreds of thousands of AMERICANS are losing their homes and jobs daily. Do you honestly think that the newly elected first Black President of THE UNITED STATES (not Mexico) is going to put his future legacy, or current reputation, and credibility with the American people on the line for a bunch of worthless, whiney, tax sucking, criminal illegal aliens or their racist supporters

Whether you realize it or not, instead of sitting at your keyboard LOL, your time would be better served as the town crier and assisting all of your illegal alien familia and friends with getting their shanty's in order. The party is over and the bouncers are being hired as we speak. It's time for all illegal aliens to bounce or be bounced.

Quote:
It's great to have someone who knows the Congress inside and out,” he said. “There can often be major differences between the executive branch and the congressional branch, even when you're from the same party. It will certainly help in terms of getting things done.”

Emanuel is also widely seen as a centrist and a pragmatist, and his selection is a sign that Obama may lean toward the middle on key policy issues.

The chief of staff position is one of the most powerful posts in Washington, with immense sway over appointments, negotiations on policy and day-to-day messaging.

Tough Chicago lawmaker is chosen chief of staff | The San Diego Union-Tribune
You obviously know very little about Rahm's reputation or how AMERICAN politics work. While Obama will play the good cop, Rahm will be playing the bad cop, and he has no problem getting his hands dirty and he doesn't care who gets pissed off, including but not limited to: LaRaza, LuLac, Maldef., and any other racist, tax draining pimps and leeches. Without jobs there are no tax dollars to pay for the livelihood of Mexico's trash, anchors or not. There will, however, be money budgeted into sweeping it back across the southern border.

Make no mistake about it, the budget is being slashed as I type and the reconquista has been cancelled, indefinitely.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/images/t.gif (broken link)

Last edited by JDubsMom; 11-07-2008 at 06:05 AM..

Old 11-07-2008, 10:32 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Great post. Jdubs. Hope is building and I hope Obama listens to this man.

Old 11-07-2008, 10:51 AM

973 posts, read 2,228,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
While you're LOL? Here's a little food for thought.

The economy is tanking, and hundreds of thousands of AMERICANS are losing their homes and jobs daily. Do you honestly think that the newly elected first Black President of THE UNITED STATES (not Mexico) is going to put his future legacy, or current reputation, and credibility with the American people on the line for a bunch of worthless, whiney, tax sucking, criminal illegal aliens or their racist supporters

Whether you realize it or not, instead of sitting at your keyboard LOL, your time would be better served as the town crier and assisting all of your illegal alien familia and friends with getting their shanty's in order. The party is over and the bouncers are being hired as we speak. It's time for all illegal aliens to bounce or be bounced.

You obviously know very little about Rahm's reputation or how AMERICAN politics work. While Obama will play the good cop, Rahm will be playing the bad cop, and he has no problem getting his hands dirty and he doesn't care who gets pissed off, including but not limited to: LaRaza, LuLac, Maldef., and any other racist, tax draining pimps and leeches. Without jobs there are no tax dollars to pay for the livelihood of Mexico's trash, anchors or not. There will, however, be money budgeted into sweeping it back across the southern border.

Make no mistake about it, the budget is being slashed as I type and the reconquista has been cancelled, indefinitely.
For the immigration issue, I sure as hell hope you're right. Both Bush & Clinton did NOTHING about it out of fear of losing support from a specific voting bloc. I'm somewhat leery of someone who's been very partisan in his career, but as far as immigration is concerned - do what the people want. 75% of Americans want no part in amnesty, but they do want full control of the border.

Old 11-07-2008, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Great post. Jdubs. Hope is building and I hope Obama listens to this man.
He and Rahm go way back. Not only was Rahm one of his first mentors when Obama arrived on the political scene in Chicago, he is a close friend and a trusted advisor. At the end of the day, Obama is a shrewd politician and he is fully aware of how the American people feel about illegal immigration and the Dream Act. Like all politicians he said what he needed to say to get the latino vote to ensure his election.

Additionally, unlike 3rd world dictatorships, we have checks and balances in our government. The President can only sign a bill IF it doesn't die in the house or senate.

Like the intelligent, shrewd politician that he is, he never PROMISED that path to citizenship nor did he promise amnesty, he merely stated how he felt, knowing fully well that in politics even as POTUS, no man is an island.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 11-07-2008 at 02:46 PM..

Old 11-07-2008, 03:48 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
He and Rahm go way back. Not only was Rahm one of his first mentors when Obama arrived on the political scene in Chicago, he is a close friend and a trusted advisor. At the end of the day, Obama is a shrewd politician and he is fully aware of how the American people feel about illegal immigration and the Dream Act. Like all politicians he said what he needed to say to get the latino vote to ensure his election.

Additionally, unlike 3rd world dictatorships, we have checks and balances in our government. The President can only sign a bill IF it doesn't die in the house or senate.

Like the intelligent, shrewd politician that he is, he never PROMISED that path to citizenship nor did he promise amnesty, he merely stated how he felt, knowing fully well that in politics even as POTUS, no man is an island.
Although I did not vote for Obama I am willing to give him a chance. His press conf. today was a great start. I feel that he did a good job.

Old 11-07-2008, 05:30 PM

53 posts, read 221,609 times
Hey, could someone explain a little more about what this means? I'm having a hard time understanding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration