Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2008, 01:57 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,423,944 times

Advertisements

At a conference held by La Raza in Washington DC yesterday speakers said that Americans are "not concerned" about losing jobs to illegal aliens, but are in fact more concerned that illegal aliens are paying taxes. This research not surprisingly was conducted by themselves - which we should all take as an unbiased source I assume. I actually thought of filing this under the humor category, but the reality is that you will probably be hearing from the results of this "research" in interviews they do in the news.
I can see it now being spread around time and time again, without mentioning that there is no corroborating research other than their own. They now claim that 62% of Americans are more in favor of making illegal aliens legal residents so they pay taxes than they are in deporting them because they might take their job.

According To La Raza Americans Are 'Not Concerned' About Losing Jobs To Illegals [Update] : Diggers Realm

As the economy tanks the more desperate "the Race" is becoming to find reasons to justify amnesty. Yeah that's it we're more concerned about illegals paying taxes because their incomes are in the top tax brackets and they have zero reason to file for EIC or claim their multitude of children as tax write-offs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2008, 02:11 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,655,353 times
Now, Jdubsmom....which La Raza do you mean? Apparently there are several and though they share a name they are completely different in nature and politics.

Still, a poll made by an illegal immigration organization is like hiring a fox to guard the henhouse --- I think I will wait for an unbiased poll

Old 12-01-2008, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Now, Jdubsmom....which La Raza do you mean? Apparently there are several and though they share a name they are completely different in nature and politics.

Still, a poll made by an illegal immigration organization is like hiring a fox to guard the henhouse --- I think I will wait for an unbiased poll
Well I was talking about LaRaza Unida, before I started talking against it, but then I decided to switch to The National Council of LaRaza . . and then I got so confused. I think I'll wait with you for that unbiased poll.

Old 12-01-2008, 03:10 PM

50,479 posts, read 47,246,513 times
Let me guess, they polled the protestors in the streets? Nope, no Americans looking for work in construction.

Old 12-01-2008, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Let me guess, they polled the protestors in the streets? Nope, no Americans looking for work in construction.
Of course they didn't. You know they took a poll within their ranks. It's much easier to make it up as they go along.

Old 12-01-2008, 03:23 PM

956 posts, read 3,005,342 times
10 out of 10 illegals say Americans love them, so there ya go. Also, this just in, 10 out of 10 mortgage brokerage executives say their bonuses are justified.

Old 12-01-2008, 03:50 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,586,858 times
It’s so utterly absurd I can’t believe anyone would even give a second thought to La Raza’s “research.” It’s not rocket science that their meager earnings and high exemptions would add virtually nothing to our tax base. Furthermore, I seriously doubt that the millions of unemployed legal citizens are thrilled by millions of employed illegal aliens. We’re a generous nation, but not that generous.

Old 12-01-2008, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
It’s so utterly absurd I can’t believe anyone would even give a second thought to La Raza’s “research.” It’s not rocket science that their meager earnings and high exemptions would add virtually nothing to our tax base. Furthermore, I seriously doubt that the millions of unemployed legal citizens are thrilled by millions of employed illegal aliens. We’re a generous nation, but not that generous.
Agreed. I'm sure LaRaza is funneling their "statistical data" through their fence, aka Munoz who was recently appointed by Obama as part of his immigration team.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration