Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2020, 06:27 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,450,039 times

Advertisements

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...r-dreamers.amp

Are the regulars here feeling betrayed by this revelation? I’m not convinced as he has said things like this in the past and later backs down on them. I will believe it only when I actually see it happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2020, 06:59 AM

1,512 posts, read 1,014,787 times
He did say so, I saw the Telemundo interview. I hate to say it but "I told you so". Trump should have used DACA as leverage when he could. Now, the Democrats will not make any deals with him because they know he will be mogged at the polls on November 3.

DACA recipients will be legal with or without him, the next big fight will be the legalization of the 11M+ illegals, which I believe will happen. Trump is the worst and most inept president in recent memory.

Old 07-11-2020, 08:04 AM

25,743 posts, read 17,505,763 times
Good for Trump!
It's the right thing to do

MAGA
Trump 2020

Old 07-11-2020, 08:09 AM

4,805 posts, read 2,828,454 times
Default Good fences make ...

Ah, so now Trump is trying to mend fences - sorry, paredes - walls.

It's too little, too late. What he needed to do - if he were serious - was go back to his candidacy & repudiate a lot of the things he said there about other races & ethnicities.

But then, by now, we know that Trump is not a serious person. It was probably just some KFC that failed to hit the spot, or some such, that provoked this particular outburst ...

Old 07-11-2020, 08:41 AM

36 posts, read 21,864 times
This is the worst news I have heard since Trump became president.

The combination of dreamers, illegals, and sanctuary cities are astronomically more destructive than Covid, the recession, and the anarchy combined. We can all kiss the USA goodbye now.

This news is shocking and I hope there is more to it because right now I think Trump is definitely going to be losing a lot of his original supporters.

Old 07-11-2020, 09:51 AM

63,414 posts, read 29,437,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubjectBook View Post

The combination of dreamers, illegals, and sanctuary cities are astronomically more destructive than Covid, the recession, and the anarchy combined. We can all kiss the USA goodbye now.

This news is shocking and I hope there is more to it because right now I think Trump is definitely going to be losing a lot of his original supporters.
I don't trust the media. This is a quote from Telemundo. From what I understand Trump just wants to do an EO to make immigration merit based. I also have heard that he wants DACA go through congress not implement another EO to do so. Let's wait and see what he does before pressing the alarm button.

Old 07-11-2020, 09:52 AM

25,743 posts, read 17,505,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubjectBook View Post

Well, fine, but Trump only made a judgement concerning qualified DACA participants. So the rest of your post is meaningless screeching.

I think it's a good decision.

Old 07-11-2020, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southwest88 View Post
Ah, so now Trump is trying to mend fences - sorry, paredes - walls.

It's too little, too late. What he needed to do - if he were serious - was go back to his candidacy & repudiate a lot of the things he said there about other races & ethnicities.

But then, by now, we know that Trump is not a serious person. It was probably just some KFC that failed to hit the spot, or some such, that provoked this particular outburst ...
Mend fences? What are you talking about? Trump has not made any negative commends about law abiding citizens either. How are the claims that he is going to do another DACA by EO mending fences? Mending fences for whom? Is any ethnic group about our laws so he needs mend fences with them? Huh?

Old 07-11-2020, 09:54 AM

255 posts, read 87,854 times
He won't do anything. He's pandering for the Hispanic vote. Hope they are wise to his tactics.

Old 07-11-2020, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Good for Trump!
It's the right thing to do

MAGA
Trump 2020
No, it's not the right thing to do for the American people and I don't believe the rumors that he is going to implement another DACA by EO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration