Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 08:40 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,752,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
“It depends … you have to have someone who is registered so you can keep an eye on them,” said Roxana Allen, an immigrant from Bolivia who is now a U.S. citizen. “So, it depends what point of view you are looking at. If you look from the security point of view, I would say yes because you can have control at least about the number of immigrants – actually a real number.”

Andrey Bogoslowsky, an immigrant from Russian who works as an artist in Washington, D.C., said illegal immigrants should be given a path to citizenship and should not be deported.

Yaron Luk-Zilberman is an immigrant from Israel who said there are “so many variables” to consider on the subject of illegal immigration.

“What is clear is that no country can allow for anybody without any screening process to just come,” he said. “There must be some kind of procedure to figure out who gets the citizenship
CNSNews.com - Illegals Must Undergo Legal Citizenship Process for National Security and Social Harmony, Say New U.S. Citizens (http://www.cnsnews.com/public/content/article.aspx?RsrcID=41072 - broken link)

Why in the world would they have views like that? Isn't that a slap in the face of all legal immigrants ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2008, 09:13 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,573,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Why in the world would they have views like that? Isn't that a slap in the face of all legal immigrants ?
And a few immigrants speak for ALL?

Aren’t you contradicting yourself? You incessantly condemn anti-illegals for generalizing, when that is precisely what you have done. I know plenty of legal immigrants who do NOT share this sentiment. This article simply proves there are “some” legal immigrants who support legalization for illegal aliens. Are ALL illegal aliens violent criminals simply because “some” are? You can’t have it both ways to suit your agenda -- but nice try.

Old 12-19-2008, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
And a few immigrants speak for ALL?

Aren’t you contradicting yourself? You incessantly condemn anti-illegals for generalizing, when that is precisely what you have done. I know plenty of legal immigrants who do NOT share this sentiment. This article simply proves there are “some” legal immigrants who support legalization for illegal aliens. Are ALL illegal aliens violent criminals simply because “some” are? You can’t have it both ways to suit your agenda -- but nice try.
Apparently, they do on this forum, i am also sure you know "plenty" of legal immigrants who don't share this sentiment. If you don't like the article, take it up with the immigrants who got interviewed.

Old 12-19-2008, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Apparently, they do on this forum, i am also sure you know "plenty" of legal immigrants who don't share this sentiment. If you don't like the article, take it up with the immigrants who got interviewed.
My, aren't we testy.

Where did I say I didn't "like" the article? I simply stated a fact -- they do NOT speak for all.

Old 12-19-2008, 09:50 AM

Quote:
My, aren't we testy.

Where did I say I didn't "like" the article? I simply stated a fact -- they do NOT speak for all.
Testy ? Not one bit. I am pretty sure the "legal immigrants" you "know" do speak for all.

Old 12-19-2008, 09:56 AM

50,356 posts, read 47,109,092 times
Until the fence is built and enough Homeland security to enforce keeping people out I doubt it would be a big factor.

Old 12-19-2008, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Testy ? Not one bit. I am pretty sure the "legal immigrants" you "know" do speak for all.
Nope. Try again. The legal immigrants I know also DO NOT speak for all. Stop grasping at straws.

Old 12-19-2008, 10:33 AM

3,645 posts, read 4,929,003 times
Quote:
Nope. Try again. The legal immigrants I know also DO NOT speak for all. Stop grasping at straws.
All he has because he knows that you did catch him in one of the big hypocrisies of the left.

Old 12-19-2008, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Isn't this one of the main arguments of the so called "anti-illegal" crowd, that putting illegal immigrants on a path to legalization is a slap to the face of all legal immigrants?

Old 12-19-2008, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
All he has because he knows that you did catch him in one of the big hypocrisies of the left.
Would you be so kind to explain to me what that is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration