Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 08:18 AM

974 posts, read 1,589,441 times

Advertisements

black i did not see any veiled threat there. i see him saying that we will protest (which is very legal, even if your illegal they are allowed to protest). we will campaign, and we will fight(not literally fight, but you get it) for our rights to protect our country and our countrymen/women. i would gladly join in these protests and campaigns. we as a country have had enough.

Old 12-20-2008, 08:23 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,422,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaerin View Post
black i did not see any veiled threat there. i see him saying that we will protest (which is very legal, even if your illegal they are allowed to protest). we will campaign, and we will fight(not literally fight, but you get it) for our rights to protect our country and our countrymen/women. i would gladly join in these protests and campaigns. we as a country have had enough.
I am right there with you and know hundreds more on a personal level who are willing, ready and able to do the same. It's time to get down to business, no more games, their party at the American taxpayers' expense, livelihood and well being, is over.

Old 12-20-2008, 08:27 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,757,687 times
Quote:

Quote:
This civil unrest (http://www2.highlandstoday.com/topic/k/civil-unrest/ - broken link) could get very ugly.
I am sure you didn't see any veiled threats. What else could he mean by the civil unrest getting VERY UGLY?

Quote:
Define civil unrest

civil unrest. A loose term to describe anti-government activities as varied as organized protests, rioting, general strikes, arson and looting, and armed insurrection. Sometimes used as a euphemism for civil war. “The tour was cancelled due to civil unrest on the island.

Old 12-20-2008, 08:30 AM

i know what the meaning is, and im sure that he meant the first meaning there..... organized protests. please dont start the "we are latino's and they are racists out to kill us". we have a right to organize legally and to have letter, phone, email campaigns. which is considered organized protests.

Old 12-20-2008, 08:35 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,584,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
LMAO, what a bunch of crap. The guy who wrote this article should be arrested by the FBI for making threats against government officials. You so called "anti-illegals" claim to be for the rule of law, but we all know that is a bunch of crap. You are as lawless as they come.
I am for the Rule of Law, which is precisely why I oppose the flagrant lawlessness inherent in illegal immigration. If you truly believe the citizens of this country will sit idly by while our economy continues to collapse, while millions of illegal aliens are employed, and millions of legal citizens are jobless, you are delusional. Self-preservation will indeed influence the behavior of the citizens of this country.

If you can understand why illegals flee to this country out of desperation, you should be capable of understanding how desperation could be the impetus for violence by legal citizens of this country who are unable to support their families, and are losing their homes at unprecedented rates.

I am not advocating violence. However, I do understand human behavior, and realize if our economy continues to decline, and millions continue to lose jobs, anything is possible. Take your head out of the sand.

7,025 posts, read 11,422,724 times
Quote:
i know what the meaning is, and im sure that he meant the first meaning there..... organized protests. please dont start the "we are latino's and they are racists out to kill us". we have a right to organize legally and to have letter, phone, email campaigns. which is considered organized protests.
Agreed. You would think those who participated in the marches of thousands of illegal aliens, waiving the mexican rag and chanting in spanish would have a clue by now. Oh wait. . . maybe not which is why they cross the US border before they grow a pair to demand everything including the kitchen sink for free.

Free speech comes with the price tag of being gunned down in the streets in mexico.

I know I told you this yet you keep stalking me as if you aren't on my list of _____________(fill in the blank):

JDubsMom View Public Profile Send a direct message to JDubsMom Send email to JDubsMom Find all posts by JDubsMom Add JDubsMom to Your Contacts
View Post Today, 09:27 AM Remove user from ignore list
blacknight04 This message is hidden because blacknight04 is on your ignore list.

4,829 posts, read 7,757,687 times
Quote:
Keep sticking your head in the sand then, organized protests do not get very ugly. That's the problem with the so called anti-illegal crowd, you refuse to weed out the nutjobs among you but rather stick up for them and make excuses for them.

Quote:
This civil unrest (http://www2.highlandstoday.com/topic/k/civil-unrest/ - broken link) could get very ugly. The target (http://www2.highlandstoday.com/topic/k/target/ - broken link) of this unrest will be public officials, organizations or anyone who promotes the misuse of our laws, including the illegals (http://www2.highlandstoday.com/topic/k/illegals/ - broken link) themselves.
Quote:
Here is a word of warning to the new administration (http://www2.highlandstoday.com/topic/k/new-administration/ - broken link) and to all illegals: It would be ill-advised for the new administration (http://www2.highlandstoday.com/topic/k/new-administration/ - broken link) to consider pushing for "Comprehensive Immigration." To do so will spark civil unrest, unlike that which America has never seen before.

Old 12-20-2008, 08:39 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,302,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Keep sticking your head in the sand then, organized protests do not get very ugly. That's the problem with the so called anti-illegal crowd, you refuse to weed out the nutjobs among you but rather stick up for them and make excuses for them.
Actually, that is not necessarily true. You get two opposing protests / protesters together, both filled with lots of emotions, and it is a formula for disaster.

I believe you are too young to remember the civil rights era - it is a PRIME example of what I'm speaking about

Old 12-20-2008, 08:39 AM

no i believe you have your head in the sand my friend. illegal immigrants are destroying our economy. they are taking jobs that millions of americans can be doing at this moment.

Old 12-20-2008, 08:45 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,024,822 times
I don't believe it. We seem to be stagnating in passive and passive-aggressiveness and no one does anything about anything anymore. Look at Blago for instance--to name just one example--people are actually defending him. Nixon got caught on tape and went down and people are still hating on him. Blago does something like this and they're not sure what to do. It's BS. They'll whine about it and let it go. That's my prediction based on recent history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.