Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 04:13 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,286,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Yes, and perhaps a blessing in disguise.
For you, or the Americans struggling so hard they have to join the ranks of day laborers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2008, 04:15 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
Quote:
Yes, and perhaps a blessing in disguise.
ITA.

And once things improve (they will) then it will be easier to keep the illegals out.

Old 12-20-2008, 04:18 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
For you, or the Americans struggling so hard they have to join the ranks of day laborers?
Whatever it takes to rid our country of illegal aliens will ultimately benefit ALL legal citizens. Sometimes, no pain, no gain.

Old 12-20-2008, 04:22 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,286,153 times
Quote:
Whatever it takes to rid our country of illegal aliens will ultimately benefit ALL legal citizens. Sometimes, no pain, no gain.
But who's feeling the pain? Do the people going through the pain feel that way?

I think it's selfish, like Jdubsmom comment about being willing to go through a depression if it gets rid of "illegal immigrants"(who knows what she really meant by that).

Of course you'd be willing to go through it, if you didn't think it would affect you as much as poorer people.

What kind of person would rather have Americans starving and in dire poverty(while they are living comfortably themselves) as long as it meant they didn't have to deal with the nuisance of knowing about illegal immigrants.

I think America with illegal immigrants is better than America in a bad depression.

Like the article says, a year ago, there wasn't any Americans in those ranks, scraping at the bottom with day laborers. Now there is. And you guys give it a thumbs up?

Old 12-20-2008, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
But who's feeling the pain? Do the people going through the pain feel that way?

I think it's selfish, like Jdubsmom comment about being willing to go through a depression if it gets rid of "illegal immigrants"(who knows what she really meant by that).

Of course you'd be willing to go through it, if you didn't think it would affect you as much as poorer people.

What kind of person would rather have Americans starving and in dire poverty(while they are living comfortably themselves) as long as it meant they didn't have to deal with the nuisance of knowing about illegal immigrants.

I think America with illegal immigrants is better than America in a bad depression.

Like the article says, a year ago, there wasn't any Americans in those ranks, scraping at the bottom with day laborers. Now there is. And you guys give it a thumbs up?
One would have to be evil and sadistic to relish the thought of anyone suffering. I certainly hope our economy will not result in starvation, or anything remotely as severe. However, our economy only underscores our inability to support millions of non-citizens. We must make our own citizens our first priority.

If I have a thousand dollars in my pocket I can afford to give 100 dollars to someone in need. However, if I only have 20 dollars, I really can’t afford to give anything. It’s not that I don’t have the desire; I simply don’t have the means. Our country no longer has the means. If that sounds harsh, I’m sorry. It’s a fact.

Last edited by Benicar; 12-20-2008 at 04:52 PM..

Old 12-20-2008, 04:55 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,407,867 times
Quote:
One would have to be evil and sadistic to relish at the thought of anyone suffering. I certainly hope our economy will not result in starvation, or anything remotely as severe. However, our economy only underscores our inability to support millions of non-citizens. We must make our own citizens our first priority.

If I have a thousand dollars in my pocket I can afford to give 100 dollars to someone in need. However, if I only have 20 dollars, I really can’t afford to give anything. It’s not that I don’t have the desire; I simply don’t have the means. Our country no longer has the means. If that sounds harsh, I’m sorry. It’s a fact.
As Americans we have not only always taken care of our own, we have wasted hundreds of billions of dollars over the decades in foreign aid to governments who don't care about their own people and their people who don't care enough about themselves to stand up and demand what they entitled to from their respective governments and countries.

Just as we the American people rise up against injustice in our country, it is not mean or spiteful to expect the same of foreign nationals who give us nothing but unjustly expect us to roll out the red carpet for their impoverished masses. As long as we provide a safety net, they will continually allow their governments to remain corrupt, and unresponsive to the well being of its nationals.

Until the majority, who are representative of the impoverished masses grow a pair and rise up against the hand full of oligarchies who control all of the wealth in the country they profess to love so dearly, as far as I am concerned they don't deserve to be treated any better than they allow themselves to be treated by their own people.

Nobody dragged them here against their will. We owe them nothing, not even a bus ticket home.

Old 12-20-2008, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
As Americans we have not only always taken care of our own, we have wasted hundreds of billions of dollars over the decades in foreign aid to governments who don't care about their own people and their people who don't care enough about themselves to stand up and demand what they entitled to from their respective governments and countries.

Just as we the American people rise up against injustice in our country, it is not mean or spiteful to expect the same of foreign nationals who give us nothing but unjustly expect us to roll out the red carpet for their impoverished masses. As long as we provide a safety net, they will continually allow their governments to remain corrupt, and unresponsive to the well being of its nationals.

Until the majority, who are representative of the impoverished masses grow a pair and rise up against the hand full of oligarchies who control all of the wealth in the country they profess to love so dearly, as far as I am concerned they don't deserve to be treated any better than they allow themselves to be treated by their own people.

Nobody dragged them here against their will. We owe them nothing, not even a bus ticket home.
Agreed. One would have to look far and wide to find a country with more benevolent citizens. Whenever anyone is in need -- either in our country, or outside, we are eager to assist. It disturbs me that so many pro-illegals try to paint such an ugly picture of this country, simply because we want our laws enforced.

We have been more than generous to the millions of illegal aliens who feel nothing but contempt for this country. They repeatedly exhibit their disrespect by brazenly and arrogantly ignoring our laws. They march in our streets waving foreign flags and desecrate our flag, while holding out their hands to the U.S. taxpayers. I’m tired of it.

Our economy is tanking, and having millions of illegal aliens seeking jobs, only exacerbates the problem. This year alone, 1.9 million U.S. citizens lost jobs, and the year hasn’t ended yet. Who knows how many will lose jobs during the month of December. It’s not selfish to feed your own children before you feed others. Nor is it mean-spirited to refuse to take food out of your child’s mouth to give to a stranger. It’s time for them to go.

Old 12-23-2008, 09:03 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,589,940 times
>Further proof that there are no jobs that Americans will not do<

Painting, hauling and gardening. LOL wait till it gets down to picking veggies in 100 degree heat. THen Ill believe it.

Old 12-23-2008, 09:44 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
>Further proof that there are no jobs that Americans will not do<

Painting, hauling and gardening. LOL wait till it gets down to picking veggies in 100 degree heat. THen Ill believe it.
If this recession gets much worse-----------what you detailed will come to pass.

Old 12-23-2008, 12:18 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,428,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Exactly. There are jobs many of us would rather not do if given an option but very few that we would not do no matter what. Starve or work? They will work if the job is available and it is a fair wage.
Hell, I just may go check out a farm job this spring, operating combines or other harvesting equipment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration