Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 07:30 AM

21,116 posts, read 42,241,814 times

Advertisements

Going Home

Judging by the physical infrastructure-----------it looks no worse than parts of our American South of 50-60 years ago. Note the glass in the windows as well as the electrical lines overhead.

Sorry; pro illegal fans------------the above ain't exactly true Third World to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2008, 08:01 AM

50,615 posts, read 47,460,002 times
Oh the horror! Is that electricity?

Old 12-20-2008, 08:35 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,905,024 times
Those are very nice pictures.

How wonderful for these people to be reuniting with their families back home. The children getting to know grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins back home.

Mexico simply is not a nation of starving-to-death people like the pro-illegal propaganda likes to claim. It's a wealthy nation, rich in resources. It has some problems but those people need to work to improve their nation, resolve some of those problems.

In spite of what we hear, in a recent survey of "happiness" Mexico ranked highest of all nations. Higher than the USA.

Old 12-20-2008, 08:51 AM

Side note here: I just tumbled to the fact that if there are any minor children in the pics--------we are discussing 1-2 per family. So much for the stereotype that Mexicans have large families anymore.

Old 12-20-2008, 09:14 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,614,425 times
It certainly beats the abject poverty in places such as Darfur, and I don't hear the bleeding heart pro-illegals advocating we bring them here to "seek a better life." I dare say; a country suffering from an obesity problem certainly does not qualify as starving.

Quote:
MEXICO CITY – Fueled by the rising popularity of soft drinks and fast food restaurants, Mexico has become the second-fattest nation in the world. Mexican health officials say it could surpass the United States as the most obese country within 10 years if trends continue.

More than 71 percent of Mexican women and 66 percent of Mexican men are overweight, according to the latest national surveys.
Mexico is second-fattest nation after U.S. | The San Diego Union-Tribune

Quote:
Hunched over a plate of fried pork tacos as he slurped a Pepsi, Carlos Uribe Nieto admitted defeat in his lifelong battle against weight. Even when he has managed to shed 100 pounds, they soon piled back on.

Mexico is facing a surge in obesity to rival the United States. In a startlingly short time, say public health experts, Mexicans have become among the heaviest people on earth.
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/29/in...s/29obese.html

Old 12-20-2008, 09:45 AM

4,802 posts, read 8,771,088 times
Default Poverty in the United States of America

The Appalachias:

http://www.arc.gov/static/38325_Poverty%20Rates_1980_Absolute.gif (broken link)

Yeah, I'd say that the Appalachias were a bit worse off than those illegal immigrants returning to electricity, actual windows, and running vehicles.

Old 12-20-2008, 09:55 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,614,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
The Appalachias:

Yeah, I'd say that the Appalachias were a bit worse off than those illegal immigrants returning to electricity and running vehicles.
But they're not illegal aliens. Remember, they don't count. To think otherwise, is simply racist anti-"immigrant" sentiment. We don't really have impoverished citizens; they probably staged those pictures for propaganda. After all, illegals only do the work Americans don't want.

Old 12-20-2008, 09:58 AM

4,802 posts, read 8,771,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
But they're not illegal aliens. Remember, they don't count. To think otherwise, is simply racist anti-"immigrant" sentiment. We don't really have impoverished citizens; they probably staged those pictures for propaganda. After all, illegals only do the work Americans don't want.
Right

Sorry, slipped my mind.

Old 12-20-2008, 10:10 AM

3,645 posts, read 4,938,544 times
I am glad that they went home. I want them ALL to go home and leave our country alone. Let them suck off the Mexican ***** for their handouts.

Old 12-20-2008, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
The Appalachias:

Yeah, I'd say that the Appalachias were a bit worse off than those illegal immigrants returning to electricity, actual windows, and running vehicles.
No joke there.

I am assuming that all of those pics were taking within the last 30-50 years...........

Hell: would prefer to live in those Mexican 'shanties' myself----------toss in running water/indoor plumbing and they would be quite acceptable abodes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration