Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 11:54 PM

197 posts, read 265,017 times

Advertisements

I held a managerial job, for several years, in the generic pharmaceutical industry in New Jersey. We had around 200 employed people, almost half of them hispanic, in an area where the hispanic population is not more than 15%.
Why such high number?, First of all , we were required to perform drug screening to our employees, every time we did random testing we would lose at least 50% of the white kids, rarely would we lose any hispanics, among the few white that remained, half of them
would be unreliable, and most of the others would eventually be screened out, not only that, but the work output from the hispanics was much higher and consistent, which would infuriate the few indians(asians) in the plant because they were not as efficient. I recently spoke to the plant manager, he told me that the situation was still exactly the same, more than half of the employees hispanic, many of them undocumented, but helping an american enterprise stay afloat through hard times, my friend told me that the day he needs to survive without the hispanics, that day the company will have to close down.
I know that the attitude of the radicals in this forum is to not listen to any
type of reasoning, instead vomit their hate, and intolerance all over, thanks god they are just an insignificant minority that no one takes seriously, and the true american entrepenuers will help the rest of us
conquer this recesion that George Bush and his clown circus have created.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2008, 12:19 AM

956 posts, read 2,992,987 times
Quote:
First of all , we were required to perform drug screening to our employees, every time we did random testing we would lose at least 50% of the white kids, rarely would we lose any hispanics, [...]
So they were first generationers. Try testing their adult offspring for drugs...[cue trombone dive]

Old 12-31-2008, 12:35 AM

1,448 posts, read 3,097,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mori-vivi View Post
I held a managerial job, for several years, in the generic pharmaceutical industry in New Jersey. We had around 200 employed people, almost half of them hispanic, in an area where the hispanic population is not more than 15%.
Why such high number?, First of all , we were required to perform drug screening to our employees, every time we did random testing we would lose at least 50% of the white kids, rarely would we lose any hispanics, among the few white that remained, half of them
would be unreliable, and most of the others would eventually be screened out, not only that, but the work output from the hispanics was much higher and consistent, which would infuriate the few indians(asians) in the plant because they were not as efficient. I recently spoke to the plant manager, he told me that the situation was still exactly the same, more than half of the employees hispanic, many of them undocumented, but helping an american enterprise stay afloat through hard times, my friend told me that the day he needs to survive without the hispanics, that day the company will have to close down.
type of reasoning, instead vomit their hate, and intolerance all over, thanks god they are just an insignificant minority that no one takes seriously, and the true american entrepenuers will help the rest of us
If I get replaced by someone who can do a better job than me I can only blame myself. Such as life.

Old 12-31-2008, 01:09 AM

1,636 posts, read 3,277,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
If I get replaced by someone who can do a better job than me I can only blame myself. Such as life.
Pretty much.

Old 12-31-2008, 02:37 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,021,551 times
Quote:
I hope they receive the same compensation as the legal workers. Or better compensation, to thank them for their good work ethic that is keeping the company afloat.

When your plant manager talks about "the day he needs to survive without the hispanics" - why would he need to survive without hispanics? Does he mean the day he has to survive without the excellent workers who happen to be working illegally?

Does the plant manager realize he and the company could be in serious trouble for knowingly hiring undocumented workers?

Old 12-31-2008, 06:04 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,293,101 times
Since when are people who are against the flow of illegals an "insignificant minority"?

So you talks about the lazy drug infested white kids and only the hispanics have a work ethic............?

Who created the drug crazed culture we have today??????????????I know of topic
but its a valid question...................And I suppose from your comments there are NO black Americans working there?

Sorry poor attempt on your part for comprehensive analogy.............

Old 12-31-2008, 07:20 AM

21,144 posts, read 41,998,817 times
Quote:
Irrelevant: that employer knowingly hiring illegal aliens makes him/her a criminal-------------who needs to see some serious jail time.

Maybe that manager likes his 'Hispanics' because they are willing to work for crap wages whereas Americans/green card holders would tell that outfit to go pound sand.

This last economic 'boom' as a farce anyway: it was in large part propped up by 'slave' labor-----------which basically cut out most Americans. Normally when labor is tight; wages go up but the 'powers to be' went Third World aided and abetted by this last Administration decided their precious 'Yuppies' meant more than regular folks.

Guess what: the chickens are coming home to roost--------------and how!

Old 12-31-2008, 09:21 AM

50,059 posts, read 46,587,189 times
If your business can't stay afloat without slave labor you deserve to have it tank.

Old 12-31-2008, 09:26 AM

479 posts, read 658,701 times
Easy to fix...have all the illegals leave the United States, get documented and return legally.

If they are unwilling to do that please pass on the name of the company you're referencing so I can call the proper folks who will assist with a free bus ride out of the U.S.

Old 12-31-2008, 09:57 AM

21,144 posts, read 41,998,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
If your business can't stay afloat without slave labor you deserve to have it tank.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgewalker View Post
Easy to fix...have all the illegals leave the United States, get documented and return legally.

If they are unwilling to do that please pass on the name of the company you're referencing so I can call the proper folks who will assist with a free bus ride out of the U.S.
What both of you stated makes too much sense----------such a recipe for success would offend both a greedy employer Neo-Con as well as a stereotypical bleeding heart Lib
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration