Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 08:26 AM

50,491 posts, read 47,270,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Yea, I agree with Benicar and JDubsMom and the like on this. Many illegal immigrants aren't fooling anyone with their words of "I love this country," etc. I've known people who spit on the U.S. and are illegal immigrants, but they will be at the rallies waving their U.S. flag. I've said it before, a lot of this stuff is all an act. They obviously want things to go their way and their fellow Mexicans, Guatamalans, etc's way, so they say what they got to say to convince people. Also, no one cares about how much you love this countnry if you and tens of millions of others are here undocumented, filling up schools, having children and receiving government assistance and taking part-time or full-time jobs from unskilled or young workers. It's just like all the other emotional, sob stories. Sorry, but that can't excuse everything.
How many hope that the massive influx of people coming illegally, having kids that at some point can vote, think that some day they can use the US as a form of bailout for these Countries? With a population shift large enough that could indeed happen. Massive grants simply by having children.

I hope that they have the fore thought to know THEY will be the ones funding those Countries at that point. At hope the children of Illegals love the US more than the Countries their Parents came from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2010, 09:07 AM

442 posts, read 967,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
What is illegal immigrants?

I have the same question?! Does anyone on here watch television, probably not since I have not heard this brought up. I will, the commercial for ITT Tech where the lady from Barbados? came to this country for a better life, HOW??? We paid for her schooling through the Pell Grants?? Then she brings her boyfriend to help her make kids?!

On the other post I could not find to quote about going to another country to live: on the Discovery channel there is a show called Locked up Abroad. That would fit for most anyone in America---they hate us over there----anywhere over there!!

And they should look into cleaning out Florida of thier illegals.

Old 04-22-2010, 10:30 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,590,934 times
Quote:
Wow! You post daily in defense of illegal aliens, yet you are asking this question? Incredible!

Old 04-23-2010, 12:50 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,180,591 times
<<I was meerly commenting that she at least tried to do it right.>>

No, she didn't try to do it right. If she had tried to do it right, she wouldn't have come here as an illegal alien. She would have gone through the legl process, starting in her home country.

Old 04-23-2010, 04:30 PM

27,220 posts, read 15,393,148 times
Quote:

Locate a Webster's in your native language.

Old 04-23-2010, 04:33 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,843,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Wow! You post daily in defense of illegal aliens, yet you are asking this question? Incredible!
just like the other poster that used my question in confusion, the question was in reponse to a posted statement(please re-read).

there is a diffrence in meaning in "what is "illegal immigrants?"

and ...What are illegal immigrants.

BTW I dont defend aliens, I oppose the Anti-immingrant crowd.

Old 04-23-2010, 04:42 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,256,564 times
Quote:
just like the other poster that used my question in confusion, the question was in reponse to a posted statement(please re-read).

What is the Anti-immigrant crowd?
Are they the ones who are against illegals or the ones who are simply against any and all immigration?

Old 04-23-2010, 06:46 PM

27,220 posts, read 15,393,148 times
1751texan,

If I understand you correctly illegal immigrants are the issue, not immigrants that come here legally following the process set forth to do so.

Old 04-23-2010, 08:44 PM

181 posts, read 323,196 times
Quote:

Is there an angry mob of anti-LEGAL immigration supporters? If so, what is their organization's name so that I may learn about them?

What I DO see are angry Americans opposed to illegal aliens coming in via coyotes, on boats, hidden in trucks, to burden our already cash strapped country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration