Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 04:55 AM

26,709 posts, read 41,870,976 times

Advertisements

washingtonpost.com

Quote:
If she heard him say anything about protecting the borders and keeping illegal immigrants out -- which he did -- she doesn't recall it.
Barack Obama and Joe Biden: The Change We Need | Immigration
Quote:
Barack Obama will secure our borders:
Obama and Biden want to preserve the integrity of our borders. They support additional personnel, infrastructure, and technology on the border and at our ports of entry.
Maybe Hilda was hard of hearing and probably can't read english.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2009, 05:42 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,432,594 times
Quote:
In Guatemala, I have my father and my brothers. I don't go back," she said. She will watch her Guatemalan president take his oath of office in her country. "I am here to give a better life to my daughters, to immigrant children. I want to give them hope and opportunities."
Instead of being grateful for the opportunities that America has given her and her formerly illegal alien children; instead of being grateful that they weren't deported upon arrival and instead were allowed to remain in this country and receive legal status, she's whining and demanding that our laws be altered so that the same can be achieved by millions more tax draining, criminal and totally lawless illegal aliens of her ilk.

Not only does she remain woefully ignorant and ungrateful, it is obvious that she like millions who have and continue to squat in this country illegally are simply here to demand and drain everything they can from our country.

Instead of going back to Guatemala and helping those she claims to love to create their own dreams in fighting for their rights and civility in her native country she's demanding that American's alter our country, our way of life and open the flood gates to embrace the 3rd world culture of overpopulation, ignorance and poverty and welcome their lawlessness and chaos with open arms.

Treason anyone?

Last edited by JDubsMom; 01-17-2009 at 06:03 AM..

Old 01-17-2009, 06:22 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,602,400 times
Quote:
Esteban joined CHIRLA three years ago to fight for immigrant rights. She favors reform that gives hard-working Latinos like her, as well as Koreans and others, the right to become an American.
Apparently she doesn't realize "immigrants" already have rights in this country. Moreover, "immigrants" are in fact "American" citizens. She is simply an illegal alien apologist, advocating amnesty for millions of lawless interlopers. Funny, she managed to gain legal status, notwithstanding our ‘unfair’ immigration laws.

Old 01-17-2009, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Apparently she doesn't realize "immigrants" already have rights in this country. Moreover, "immigrants" are in fact "American" citizens. She is simply an illegal alien apologist, advocating amnesty for millions of lawless interlopers. Funny, she managed to gain legal status, notwithstanding our ‘unfair’ immigration laws.
Bingo. She and her two illegal alien children should have been deported the minute she started applying for legal residency. Legalizing them only serves to embolden and legitimize their defiance of our laws when it is rewarded with amnesty.

Old 01-17-2009, 07:37 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,304,179 times
Quote:
"I miss my country," she said, in English. "But I love this country. This is mine now."

Quote:
Years ago, Esteban, 44, became a legal resident, but she has never before come to see someone take the presidential oath.
I dont know, at least she is working, making a living, paying taxes.
One section of the article quoted her in English so she is trying to learn.She also does acknowledge she loves this country and it is hers now.

Old 01-17-2009, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
I dont know, at least she is working, making a living, paying taxes.
One section of the article quoted her in English so she is trying to learn.She also does acknowledge she loves this country and it is hers now.
That's not the part I have a problem with. What I have a problem with is her determination to assist illegal aliens in their defiance of US laws. Her group does not represent "immigrants". She supports and is demanding the legalization of illegal aliens.

Old 01-17-2009, 08:14 AM

1,636 posts, read 3,291,764 times
I agree with Convert. As far as immigrants go, this woman seems to be a keeper.
She made an effort to become legalized, and has produced what sounds like two great children who are pulling their weight.
I respect her for not just stopping at helping herself, but thinking of strangers by participating in an organization to help others.
Whether or not you agree with her cause, you have to respect her for the decent person she appears to be.

If nothing else, she at least goes against the stereotype of the assimilation-refusing, America-hating, baby breeding illegal invader.

Old 01-17-2009, 09:04 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,602,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
I agree with Convert. As far as immigrants go, this woman seems to be a keeper.
She made an effort to become legalized, and has produced what sounds like two great children who are pulling their weight.
I respect her for not just stopping at helping herself, but thinking of strangers by participating in an organization to help others.
Whether or not you agree with her cause, you have to respect her for the decent person she appears to be.If nothing else, she at least goes against the stereotype of the assimilation-refusing, America-hating, baby breeding illegal invader.
I could respect her, had she decided to assist disadvantaged legal immigrants, or to champion causes to ensure equitable treatment and access to rightful benefits being denied legal immigrants of this country. However, as JDM has mentioned; her advocacy is NOT for legal immigrants, but for illegal aliens.

Legal immigrants should be expected to assimilate; and everyone should endeavor to be a “decent” human being, and raise productive children. How is this relevant? Had she been a staunch anti-illegal, and supported more stringent enforcement of our laws, I doubt you would be heralding praises.

Furthermore, why do you have this compelling need to obfuscate? My issue (and the majority of anti’s), is not legal immigrants. Nor have I read one post accusing legal immigrants of the “invaders.”

Old 01-17-2009, 09:19 AM

Quote:
I could respect her, had she decided to assist disadvantaged legal immigrants, or to champion causes to ensure equitable treatment and access to rightful benefits being denied legal immigrants of this country. However, as JDM has mentioned; her advocacy is NOT for legal immigrants, but for illegal aliens.

Legal immigrants should be expected to assimilate; and everyone should endeavor to be a “decent” human being, and raise productive children. How is this relevant? Had she been a staunch anti-illegal, and supported more stringent enforcement of our laws, I doubt you would be heralding praises.

Furthermore, why do you have this compelling need to obfuscate? My issue (and the majority of anti’s), is not legal immigrants. Nor have I read one post accusing legal immigrants of the “invaders.”
Another fabulous post!

Agreed. IA's and their supporters continually attempt to justify the actions of those of their ethnicity in aiding and abetting of illegal aliens by any means necessary. The reality of the situation is that she herself was an illegal alien who along with her illegal alien children was spared deportation and allowed to legalize their status. She then proceeds to show how undeserving she is of citizenship by willfully spitting in the face of the laws of this country in order to further the agenda of aiding and abetting illegal aliens of her race/ethnicity.

Her ignorance, arrogance and admittance of criminal behavior is simply disgusting and hers and her childrens' green cards should be rescinded and they should be deported. She can better serve her raza in Guatemala or Mexico.

Old 01-17-2009, 10:31 AM

1,636 posts, read 3,291,764 times
Quote:

Am I allowed to put in my two cents? Can I make my own commentary on the woman? Is that okay?

I was merely agreeing with a member and saying why I personally thought this woman deserves credit(without attacking anyone on here). If you don't agree with me, thats fine. But keep your snarky and condescending attitude to yourself or save if it when someone really is attacking you.

As far as my "compelling need", there's always going to be people in this world who don't see things like you. And you're going to hear from them. I've come to terms with it and life is so much better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration