U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-20-2009, 07:56 PM
 
1,117 posts, read 1,911,897 times
Reputation: 981

Advertisements

Here is my story of how illegal immigration affected my life.

I was born and raised in San Diego, CA. After years of scrimping and saving and sacrificing, I finally saved enough money to buy a modest older house in a quiet, clean, middle-class neighborhood. The homes were simple, and there were no Homeowner's Associations or clubhouses, but the lawns were green, the trees trimmed, the gardens well-kept, and my neighbors were quiet and friendly. It was perfect for me.

Until the illegals arrived.

Prior to the illegal invasion into my neighborhood, I didn't give illegal immigration much thought. But I remember feeling compassion for them, and feeling that we should give them a break. But the illegals destroyed every shred of compassion I had for them. In fact, I came to hate them.

My slide from compassion to loathing the illegals started back in 2000 when the housing prices in San Diego started to skyrocket. Many of my neighbors decided to cash in and move up to bigger houses and more upscale neighborhoods. Tragically, most of the new buyers in my neighborhood were slumlords looking to rent for awhile and then turn a profit by selling the house.

At first it wasn't too bad. There were just a handful of houses with illegals residing in them. But faster than I could deal with, things deteriorated to the point where my once-lovely neighborhood resembled a Tijuana slum.

Most of the illegals violated every zoning and health code there was. They couldn't afford trash pick-up, so they simply allowed their trash to pile up all over their driveways and lawns...attracting rats, flies and stray dogs.

They owned chickens and goats, which they slaughtered in their backyards. The roosters crowed all day long, and on hot summer days, the stench from the chicken and goat poop was almost unbearable. The fly population quadrupled!

Teenage "Latinas" turned tricks on bunkbeds in their garages. Hispanic men sat out on their driveways all night long and drank beer, jabbered in Spanish and blared their mariachi music.

Lawns died, weeds grew to enormous heights, gardens died, and grafitti started to show up everywhere.

One year, I noticed a trend of most of the illegals hanging Mexican flags on the front of their houses.

When I would come home from work at night, I was often greeted by chickens loitering on my lawn. And there was always chicken poop all over the sidewalks.

The police came and went on a regular basis...mostly due to complaints of noise or prostitution. But nothing ever changed. After awhile it almost seemed that if anybody called the police on the illegals, the police would get annoyed at us for bothering them!

One time I called the Planning Department to file a complaint about a illegal (and dangerous) structure one of the illegals was building, and the woman I spoke with actually suggested I was racist.

One day, I was up on my roof with my dad looking at some shingle issues, and as I looked down on my illegal neighbor's backyard, I spotted a Hispanic man defectating on a bush. Yes, you heard me right. I saw a Hispanic man pooping on a bush in his backyard! I guess that with 30 people sharing a 1-bath house, he must have gotten desperate.

I would see pregnant 14-year-old "Latinas" loitering on the corners when they should have been in school. I would see the "Latinas" in the grocery store, using their food stamps, with their huge broods of children (anchor babies) in tow.

But the last straw for me was the night I was in my living room, watching American Idol, and I heard a commotion in my backyard, along the side of my house. I went into my garage and looked out my garage window, and there were two illegals...two teenage girls...apparently hiding from the cops in my backyard! One of them was throwing up on my lawn mower!

Somebody had called the police because of the drugs and prostitution, so when they police arrived, the girls, obviously under the influence of drugs, bolted into my backyard.

So when I couldn't take it anymore. I sold my house and moved very far from California. And there is NOTHING you can tell me that will convince me that all the Mexican and Central American illegal immigrants in this country are GOOD for the U.S. Sorry, but that's not what I experienced.

I experienced filth...disgusting filth. I experienced a culture of grown men having sex with young girls (sometimes for money, sometimes not). I experienced dozens of people living in one small home, pooping in their backyards, slaughtering chickens and goats, and existing on public assistance. None of the women worked, and if the men were working, I don't know when. What I saw was a lot of beer-driinking and hanging out listening to music.

I saw how fast they could destroy a neighborhood with their neanderthal culture and their backward ways.

Because of the illegals, I left my home, my family, and a job I loved. I'm very happy where I am now (in the midwest), but I DREAD that they will do to this state, what they did to California.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-20-2009, 08:00 PM
 
Location: Denver 'burbs
24,010 posts, read 26,809,909 times
Reputation: 41046
Unfortunately, I don't see this changing any time soon.....
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2009, 08:08 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,144 posts, read 40,197,363 times
Reputation: 3844
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
Here is my story of how illegal immigration affected my life.

I was born and raised in San Diego, CA. After years of scrimping and saving and sacrificing, I finally saved enough money to buy a modest older house in a quiet, clean, middle-class neighborhood. The homes were simple, and there were no Homeowner's Associations or clubhouses, but the lawns were green, the trees trimmed, the gardens well-kept, and my neighbors were quiet and friendly. It was perfect for me.

Until the illegals arrived.

Prior to the illegal invasion into my neighborhood, I didn't give illegal immigration much thought. But I remember feeling compassion for them, and feeling that we should give them a break. But the illegals destroyed every shred of compassion I had for them. In fact, I came to hate them.

My slide from compassion to loathing the illegals started back in 2000 when the housing prices in San Diego started to skyrocket. Many of my neighbors decided to cash in and move up to bigger houses and more upscale neighborhoods. Tragically, most of the new buyers in my neighborhood were slumlords looking to rent for awhile and then turn a profit by selling the house.

At first it wasn't too bad. There were just a handful of houses with illegals residing in them. But faster than I could deal with, things deteriorated to the point where my once-lovely neighborhood resembled a Tijuana slum.

Most of the illegals violated every zoning and health code there was. They couldn't afford trash pick-up, so they simply allowed their trash to pile up all over their driveways and lawns...attracting rats, flies and stray dogs.

They owned chickens and goats, which they slaughtered in their backyards. The roosters crowed all day long, and on hot summer days, the stench from the chicken and goat poop was almost unbearable. The fly population quadrupled!

Teenage "Latinas" turned tricks on bunkbeds in their garages. Hispanic men sat out on their driveways all night long and drank beer, jabbered in Spanish and blared their mariachi music.

Lawns died, weeds grew to enormous heights, gardens died, and grafitti started to show up everywhere.

One year, I noticed a trend of most of the illegals hanging Mexican flags on the front of their houses.

When I would come home from work at night, I was often greeted by chickens loitering on my lawn. And there was always chicken poop all over the sidewalks.

The police came and went on a regular basis...mostly due to complaints of noise or prostitution. But nothing ever changed. After awhile it almost seemed that if anybody called the police on the illegals, the police would get annoyed at us for bothering them!

One time I called the Planning Department to file a complaint about a illegal (and dangerous) structure one of the illegals was building, and the woman I spoke with actually suggested I was racist.

One day, I was up on my roof with my dad looking at some shingle issues, and as I looked down on my illegal neighbor's backyard, I spotted a Hispanic man defectating on a bush. Yes, you heard me right. I saw a Hispanic man pooping on a bush in his backyard! I guess that with 30 people sharing a 1-bath house, he must have gotten desperate.

I would see pregnant 14-year-old "Latinas" loitering on the corners when they should have been in school. I would see the "Latinas" in the grocery store, using their food stamps, with their huge broods of children (anchor babies) in tow.

But the last straw for me was the night I was in my living room, watching American Idol, and I heard a commotion in my backyard, along the side of my house. I went into my garage and looked out my garage window, and there were two illegals...two teenage girls...apparently hiding from the cops in my backyard! One of them was throwing up on my lawn mower!

Somebody had called the police because of the drugs and prostitution, so when they police arrived, the girls, obviously under the influence of drugs, bolted into my backyard.

So when I couldn't take it anymore. I sold my house and moved very far from California. And there is NOTHING you can tell me that will convince me that all the Mexican and Central American illegal immigrants in this country are GOOD for the U.S. Sorry, but that's not what I experienced.

I experienced filth...disgusting filth. I experienced a culture of grown men having sex with young girls (sometimes for money, sometimes not). I experienced dozens of people living in one small home, pooping in their backyards, slaughtering chickens and goats, and existing on public assistance. None of the women worked, and if the men were working, I don't know when. What I saw was a lot of beer-driinking and hanging out listening to music.

I saw how fast they could destroy a neighborhood with their neanderthal culture and their backward ways.

Because of the illegals, I left my home, my family, and a job I loved. I'm very happy where I am now (in the midwest), but I DREAD that they will do to this state, what they did to California.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Unfortunately, I don't see this changing any time soon.....
When California in particular needs to be bailed out by the Feds; that may be just the impetus to really start 'cracking the whip' against the illegal aliens-------------and, I am not just referring to Indian Hispanics either.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2009, 08:15 PM
 
Location: San Diego
45,868 posts, read 40,963,696 times
Reputation: 29968
And the people that read this and think it is a farce..........ha ha

this gets repeated in multiple neighborhoods across the county now. You'll be concerned, and believe it when it nears your hood.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2009, 08:17 PM
 
Location: Denver 'burbs
24,010 posts, read 26,809,909 times
Reputation: 41046
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
When California in particular needs to be bailed out by the Feds; that may be just the impetus to really start 'cracking the whip' against the illegal aliens-------------and, I am not just referring to Indian Hispanics either.
But you forget, illegal immigrants aren't the problem....they are actually "helping" our economy by doing jobs Americans just won't do. Everything they do to help us far outweighs any costs associated with them....or so we keep being told....sigh...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2009, 08:38 PM
 
2,087 posts, read 2,461,092 times
Reputation: 1266
I'm not accusing you of lying but do you any proof of what you claim? You must have pictures of the animals or the trash everywhere. The police had to be called a few times. Do you have copies of the police reports?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2009, 08:57 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,144 posts, read 40,197,363 times
Reputation: 3844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
I'm not accusing you of lying but do you any proof of what you claim? You must have pictures of the animals or the trash everywhere. The police had to be called a few times. Do you have copies of the police reports?
I live here in the Southwest and I tend to think this woman's story is accurate.

Note though the police here in at least the Phx area tend to take a dim view of illegal aliens----------irrespective of race/ethnicity.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2009, 09:11 PM
 
1,117 posts, read 1,911,897 times
Reputation: 981
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I live here in the Southwest and I tend to think this woman's story is accurate.

Note though the police here in at least the Phx area tend to take a dim view of illegal aliens----------irrespective of race/ethnicity.
Yes, my story is accurate (and true). And no, I didn't take any pictures or file any police reports (I only called the police to report the noise, and was most often told somebody had already called...but I never filed a report).

And maybe it's subjective. Maybe somebody else wouldn't have found the same circumstances as shocking or disturbing as I did. Or, maybe if these conditions occurred in a more rural area, and not in a big, modern metropolis like San Diego, then it wouldn't have been so disturbing.

The point is, I'm just an everyday American "Jane", and I had nothing against illegal immigrants until I found myself living amongst them. And that was the point of my post.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2009, 09:16 PM
 
Location: Denver 'burbs
24,010 posts, read 26,809,909 times
Reputation: 41046
Having lived in Southern California, I totally believe this woman's story.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2009, 09:17 PM
 
4,829 posts, read 7,399,435 times
Reputation: 621
I have read this somewhere before in a chain email.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:44 PM.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top