Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 01:57 AM

365 posts, read 756,006 times

Advertisements

is not anti-immigrant but anti-mexican..?
I have come to enjoy this forums very much but I see a lot of people saying they should be punish..they play the race..card...they broke the law...THEY BROKE THE LAW...

as an american citizen I have a right to express as I wish and can sense when my community is being attack by with the wrong intentions...
when we think of illegals ...we think of mexicans...when we think illegals...we think of mexicans breaking the law...

I know I have written a lot of articles blaming the politics and the system for all these huge mess which is entirely true...but tell me honestly when you see anglo americans protesting and not the latinos....I am not saying we should get paid reparations of any sort but just our fair earn money....

I am going to put some laws and some violations the american government have cause...for mexican americans see and feel that deep down it is the race care that plays along....

remember...supposly a lot of pro-deportation are all law bidding citizens...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
1.Treaty of Guadalupe-Hidalgo

Although the treaty promised that the landowners in this newly acquired territory would enjoy full enjoyment and protection of their property as if they were citizens of the United States, many former citizens of Mexico lost their land in lawsuits before state and federal courts or as a result of legislation passed after the treaty.[16] Even those statutes intended to protect the owners of property at the time of the extension of the United States' borders, such as the 1851 California Land Act, had the effect of dispossessing Californio owners ruined by the cost of maintaining litigation over land titles for years.

first rule broken...IT WAS A LAW...so if they farmed tamed the land...at their expense some europena LEGAL..LOL...CAME AND JUST TOOK IT FROM HIM...ok fair the winner takes all....

2."were talking 50 years after the mexican american war" Mexican Americans could vote and hold elected office in places such as Texas, especially San Antonio. They ran the state politics and constituted most of the elite of New Mexico since colonial times. However, property requirements and English literacy requirements were imposed in Arizona, California, Nevada, New Mexico, and Texas in order to prevent Mexican Americans from voting. Some eligible voters were intimidated with the threat of violence if they attempted to exercise their right to vote
second law broke...do we still have winner takes all mentality?

3.They were also allowed to serve in all-white units during World War II. However, many Mexican American war veterans were discriminated against and even denied medical services by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs when they arrived home. over 300,000 served and yet how were they received...? another law broke....

4. Although Mexican Americans were legally classified as "White" in terms of official federal policy, many organizations, businesses, and homeowners associations and local legal systems had official policies to exclude Mexican Americans. Throughout the southwest discrimination in wages were institutionalized in "white wages" versus lower "Mexican wages" for the same job classifications another law broken to american citizens...were was our affirmitive action I forgot that came much later right...

5.Mexican Americans classified as "White", following anti-miscegenation laws in most western states until the 1960s could not legally marry African or Asian Americans. another law broken....isnt that what gays are asking for now....able of being recognize as a couple to the federal and state authorities?

6 Mexican Americans have found themselves targeted by hate groups such as the Ku Klux Klan[38] It is estimated that at least 597 Mexicans and Mexican Americans were lynched between 1848 and 1928 in the Southwest. Mexican Americans were lynched at a rate of 27.4 per 100,000 of population between 1880 and 1930. This statistic is second only to that of the African American community during that period, which suffered an average of 37.1 per 100,000 of population. Between 1848 to 1879, Mexicans were lynched at an unprecedented rate of 473 per 100,000 of population. More problematic still is the fact that, despite the recent flourishing of academic literature on lynching, scholars also persistently overlook anti-Mexican violence where was the federal govermnet upholding the law theres? or hold on was the kkk the law in those sectors of the country?

7.During The Great Depression, the United States government sponsored a Mexican Repatriation program which was intended to encourage people to voluntarily move to Mexico, but thousands were deported against their will. More than 500,000 individuals were deported, approximately 60 percent of which were actually United States citizens.[40][41] In the post-war McCarthy era, the Justice Department launched Operation *******.
60 percent were american citizens...but their skin color...say something diffrent from the anglo point of view...another law broken..why was nobody defending the constitution in those days..

now I could put more...so where does all this brown pride come...where does all this nationalistic tone comes from....
DO I even have to tell you...we learn it from the anglos...but now...
now they want to uphold the law...they want to protect the law..now its all laws...now its writen on paper...ok...but by playing by those rules...now that so much damage has been cause to the pyschological fabric of the hispanic american MAYBE THATS WHY

were so PARANOID....THAT WE DONT NO IF YOU MEAN IT OR NOT...
AND THATS WHY WE PLAY THE RACE CARD....AND THATS WHY THERES SO MUCH HATE....you think grandaddies did not sit with there grandsons in there laps and said...listen son its a scary world outthere an know your place...but was that just hate or the feeling of injustice past into another generation? and you think people just forget.?

now its laws...laws...laws....
"ever heard laws were meant to be broken" thats something that the federal government in its 200 years of history have taught us....

Last edited by iturbide1981; 03-12-2009 at 03:27 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 06:57 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,126,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iturbide1981 View Post
I have come to enjoy this forums very much but I see a lot of people saying they should be punish..they play the race..card...they broke the law...THEY BROKE THE LAW...

as an american citizen I have a right to express as I wish and can sense when my community is being attack by with the wrong intentions...
when we think of illegals ...we think of mexicans...when we think illegals...we think of mexicans breaking the law...

I know I have written a lot of articles blaming the politics and the system for all these huge mess which is entirely true...but tell me honestly when you see anglo americans protesting and not the latinos....I am not saying we should get paid reparations of any sort but just our fair earn money....

I am going to put some laws and some violations the american government have cause...for mexican americans see and feel that deep down it is the race care that plays along....

Although the treaty promised that the landowners in this newly acquired territory would enjoy full enjoyment and protection of their property as if they were citizens of the United States, many former citizens of Mexico lost their land in lawsuits before state and federal courts or as a result of legislation passed after the treaty.[16] Even those statutes intended to protect the owners of property at the time of the extension of the United States' borders, such as the 1851 California Land Act, had the effect of dispossessing Californio owners ruined by the cost of maintaining litigation over land titles for years.

first rule broken...IT WAS A LAW...so if they farmed tamed the land...at their expense some europena LEGAL..LOL...CAME AND JUST TOOK IT FROM HIM...ok fair the winner takes all....

2."were talking 50 years after the mexican american war" Mexican Americans could vote and hold elected office in places such as Texas, especially San Antonio. They ran the state politics and constituted most of the elite of New Mexico since colonial times. However, property requirements and English literacy requirements were imposed in Arizona, California, Nevada, New Mexico, and Texas in order to prevent Mexican Americans from voting. Some eligible voters were intimidated with the threat of violence if they attempted to exercise their right to vote

3.They were also allowed to serve in all-white units during World War II. However, many Mexican American war veterans were discriminated against and even denied medical services by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs when they arrived home. over 300,000 served and yet how were they received...? another law broke....

4. Although Mexican Americans were legally classified as "White" in terms of official federal policy, many organizations, businesses, and homeowners associations and local legal systems had official policies to exclude Mexican Americans. Throughout the southwest discrimination in wages were institutionalized in "white wages" versus lower "Mexican wages" for the same job classifications another law broken to american citizens...were was our affirmitive action I forgot that came much later right...

5.Mexican Americans classified as "White", following anti-miscegenation laws in most western states until the 1960s could not legally marry African or Asian Americans. another law broken....isnt that what gays are asking for now....able of being recognize as a couple to the federal and state authorities?

6 Mexican Americans have found themselves targeted by hate groups such as the Ku Klux Klan[38] It is estimated that at least 597 Mexicans and Mexican Americans were lynched between 1848 and 1928 in the Southwest. Mexican Americans were lynched at a rate of 27.4 per 100,000 of population between 1880 and 1930. This statistic is second only to that of the African American community during that period, which suffered an average of 37.1 per 100,000 of population. Between 1848 to 1879, Mexicans were lynched at an unprecedented rate of 473 per 100,000 of population. More problematic still is the fact that, despite the recent flourishing of academic literature on lynching, scholars also persistently overlook anti-Mexican violence where was the federal govermnet upholding the law theres? or hold on was the kkk the law in those sectors of the country?

7.During The Great Depression, the United States government sponsored a Mexican Repatriation program which was intended to encourage people to voluntarily move to Mexico, but thousands were deported against their will. More than 500,000 individuals were deported, approximately 60 percent of which were actually United States citizens.[40][41] In the post-war McCarthy era, the Justice Department launched Operation *******.
60 percent were american citizens...but their skin color...say something diffrent from the anglo point of view...another law broken..why was nobody defending the constitution in those days..

now I could put more...so where does all this brown pride come...where does all this nationalistic tone comes from....
now they want to uphold the law...they want to protect the law..now its all laws...now its writen on paper...ok...but by playing by those rules...now that so much damage has been cause to the pyschological fabric of the hispanic american MAYBE THATS WHY

AND THATS WHY WE PLAY THE RACE CARD....AND THATS WHY THERES SO MUCH HATE....you think grandaddies did not sit with there grandsons in there laps and said...listen son its a scary world outthere an know your place...but was that just hate or the feeling of injustice past into another generation? and you think people just forget.?

"ever heard laws were meant to be broken" thats something that the federal government in its 200 years of history have taught us....

Considering the Irish (usually White), the Jews (ditto) as well as many other non 'WASP' Whites had to deal with discrimination till not so long ago; what is your point?

The past is the past: I doubt you were even alive 40 years ago so your problems must be in part-----------your own personal failings.

Old 03-12-2009, 07:38 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,748,401 times
Huh....I guess ignorance truly is bliss....

Old 03-12-2009, 08:13 AM

50,255 posts, read 47,017,746 times
Interesting ....from your own article

However, tensions have also risen among Hispanic American laborers who have been displaced because of both cheap Mexican labor and ethnic profiling. African American workers in lower-wage jobs have been displaced by undocumented Mexican laborers and their neighborhoods have been transformed from majority black to majority Latino, which has caused some racial tensions between African Americans and Mexicans in the Southwest US. Even legal immigrants to the United States, both from Mexico and elsewhere, have spoken out against illegal immigration

.[40][41]

Old 03-12-2009, 09:25 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,553,886 times
You're talking to someone here who hs spent most of his LIFE in the middle of this situation...and who is well aware of the difference between "race" and "ethnicity"....who understands the subtle nuances of the gradations between Mexican immigrants, Mexican-Americans, 'Californios', American Indians....and mestizos, whites, etc etc etc.

Mexican-Americans suffered some prejudice decades ago. So did many other groups. They are now better off than ever, have largely assimilated into the mainstream, and realize that the "MEChA" philosophy is just romantic revisionist silliness. Mexican-Americans, for example, have a rate of military service HIGHER than that of the general population. They have every right to be proud of their hard struggle for acceptance, and their exemplary contributions to US society.

If Mexican-Americans today feel "persecuted", as you seem to think, there is one "ugly" fact, one that no one seems to address..(and again, I SEE this, daily, in my own life)....and that is 'ethnic pressure'. Today's illegal immigrants, (mostly from Mexico and points nearby) are making a very concerted effort to 'pressure' Mexican-Americans, Indians, and assorted other 'locals' into seeing them as 'brothers', and thus driving a wedge between these local Americans and OTHER Americans, on racial grounds. Some even go so far as to suggest some sort of 'bond' between themelves and Black Americans, (if you can imagine that). Needless to say, this is NOT always appreciated (ANOTHER thing I hear about frequently in my own home).

Mexican-Americans who fail to understand the difference between themselves, and someone who's arrived here illegally in recent years, probably DO feel persecuted. This is America, and our society isn't constructed around "group rights", it's constructed around theoretical concepts of law. If you're a US citizen, you're an American.....not Greek, or Irish, or Italian, or Mexican, but AMERICAN. That means you're not "part" of the illegal-immigrant community, and their 'fight' isn't your fight.

Illegal immigrants aren't Americans. The responsibility for their plight lies elsewhere. If you can't understand this, then possibly you'll feel 'picked on'. You shouldn't, because if you're an American, your responsibility lies HERE....and you have every right to the perks of US citizenship....and you're ALSO responsible for the welfare of the US...which is YOUR country.

Mexican-Americans shouldn't feel 'persecuted'. In fact, even Illegal immigrants arent 'persecuted'..they're just illegal, becoming increasingly unwelcome, and have no legal right to live here. Call that 'persecution' if you like; I call it "fact".

Old 03-12-2009, 11:41 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,748,401 times
You do realize that the Native Americans who were here for about 13,000 years before Mexicans owned land in present day United States for a grand total of 25 years, aren't too happy about the Mexican claim to their lands as well, right?

Old 03-12-2009, 11:58 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,553,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
You do realize that the Native Americans who were here for about 13,000 years before Mexicans owned land in present day United States for a grand total of 25 years, aren't too happy about the Mexican claim to their lands as well, right?
Yes, now that you mention it, it seems like I've heard people make comments on that fact....once, and POSSIBLY, twice....They can get especially 'testy' when it's suggested they should support illegals, because, after all, they're "your people". That one REALLY hits a nerve.....(at least, that's what I'm told, by sources close to me)...

Old 03-12-2009, 12:32 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,558,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
You're talking to someone here who hs spent most of his LIFE in the middle of this situation...and who is well aware of the difference between "race" and "ethnicity"....who understands the subtle nuances of the gradations between Mexican immigrants, Mexican-Americans, 'Californios', American Indians....and mestizos, whites, etc etc etc.

Mexican-Americans suffered some prejudice decades ago. So did many other groups. They are now better off than ever, have largely assimilated into the mainstream, and realize that the "MEChA" philosophy is just romantic revisionist silliness. Mexican-Americans, for example, have a rate of military service HIGHER than that of the general population. They have every right to be proud of their hard struggle for acceptance, and their exemplary contributions to US society.

If Mexican-Americans today feel "persecuted", as you seem to think, there is one "ugly" fact, one that no one seems to address..(and again, I SEE this, daily, in my own life)....and that is 'ethnic pressure'. Today's illegal immigrants, (mostly from Mexico and points nearby) are making a very concerted effort to 'pressure' Mexican-Americans, Indians, and assorted other 'locals' into seeing them as 'brothers', and thus driving a wedge between these local Americans and OTHER Americans, on racial grounds. Some even go so far as to suggest some sort of 'bond' between themelves and Black Americans, (if you can imagine that). Needless to say, this is NOT always appreciated (ANOTHER thing I hear about frequently in my own home).

Mexican-Americans who fail to understand the difference between themselves, and someone who's arrived here illegally in recent years, probably DO feel persecuted. This is America, and our society isn't constructed around "group rights", it's constructed around theoretical concepts of law. If you're a US citizen, you're an American.....not Greek, or Irish, or Italian, or Mexican, but AMERICAN. That means you're not "part" of the illegal-immigrant community, and their 'fight' isn't your fight.

Illegal immigrants aren't Americans. The responsibility for their plight lies elsewhere. If you can't understand this, then possibly you'll feel 'picked on'. You shouldn't, because if you're an American, your responsibility lies HERE....and you have every right to the perks of US citizenship....and you're ALSO responsible for the welfare of the US...which is YOUR country.

Mexican-Americans shouldn't feel 'persecuted'. In fact, even Illegal immigrants arent 'persecuted'..they're just illegal, becoming increasingly unwelcome, and have no legal right to live here. Call that 'persecution' if you like; I call it "fact".
I certainly can’t add much to this. If there is persecution, Mexican-Americans can place the blame equally on illegal alien apologists and ingrate, arrogant, Mexican illegal aliens.

No one enjoys being used and abused; in particular, when those doing the using and abusing also spit in your face while they mock your laws and your sovereignty. Only masochists or similarly maladjusted individuals would derive pleasure from this.

Old 03-12-2009, 05:03 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,621,649 times
Quote:

Wow, this entire slew of bilge just to say that you, and all other, Mexican "immigrants have a RIGHT to hate. Thats a lot of writing to make a simple point. I can't care a dried rat dropping in a whirlwind about injustices commited a century ago and those injustices give nobody a right to beak our laws and sling about hatred and injustice in revenge for wrong that were never felt by the perpetrators. So, you learned all this from "anglos" aye? And that makes ALL we "anglos" (gringos, blancos et al) deserving of your hatred? Or do we just need to send all the children of illegal immigrants to school and make sure they have health care and Spanish speaking tutors to make up for all the past wrongs you cite above? OK, this country has gone through some violent changes over the past hundred years or so, and a lot of innocent people (of ALL races) were victims of that violence. That does not give any one particular group any right to keep doing wrong.

Old 03-13-2009, 09:07 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,684,110 times
Quote:
II am going to put some laws and some violations the american government have cause...for mexican americans see and feel that deep down it is the race care that plays along....
What a Mexican-American? It's highly doubtful that those Americans of hispanic descent whose roots go way way back before 1900, support unlimited illegal immigration.

There are those who have come more recently who believe that Mexicans are a superior race who are not expected to abide by our immigration laws. All nations have immigration laws. Mexico has immigration laws.

People who break the laws are owed nothing at all. Every illegal has the option of returning home and they have the option of trying to come legally. Not every single person in the world can move to the USA, it does not solve the problems of any country to simply have the entire population relocate to the USA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration