Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 10:30 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,376,872 times

Advertisements

The San Mateo Community College District, on the San Francisco Peninsula, has sent a mass email announcing a scholarship for "undocumented" students of "Chicano / Latino descent" only.

Dear All,

CORE (Chicano Organizing & Research in Education) is pleased to announce its first annual "Que Llueva Café" scholarship. Applicants must be undocumented, Chicano/Latino, high school students entering college this fall. The postmark deadline is April 10, 2009.
American Thinker Blog: College scholarship for illegals only

Chicano Organizing & Research in Education - core programs (http://www.ca-core.org/services - broken link)

Is your blood boiling yet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2009, 10:33 AM

10 posts, read 15,205 times
Wow. Just wow.

Old 03-22-2009, 10:38 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,505,584 times
I’m speechless.

Old 03-22-2009, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I’m speechless.
American children are up to their eyeballs in debt trying to find a way to get through college, but illegals are being handed a free ride. Yes indeed, that makes sense doesn't it?

Wake Up America!!!!!

Old 03-22-2009, 11:12 AM

26,683 posts, read 41,560,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
The San Mateo Community College District, on the San Francisco Peninsula, has sent a mass email announcing a scholarship for "undocumented" students of "Chicano / Latino descent" only.

Dear All,

CORE (Chicano Organizing & Research in Education) is pleased to announce its first annual "Que Llueva Café" scholarship. Applicants must be undocumented, Chicano/Latino, high school students entering college this fall. The postmark deadline is April 10, 2009.

Chicano Organizing & Research in Education - core programs (http://www.ca-core.org/services - broken link)

If you hear of a bloody explosion in Northern VA on the evening news tonight it will be from me. I'll end up with nearly $30k in student loans for my degree and some illegal "hispanic" alien will end up with a free ride only because of their illegal status?! I'm beyond mad, i'm hot about this one!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-22-2009, 12:11 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,279,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
If you hear of a bloody explosion in Northern VA on the evening news tonight it will be from me. I'll end up with nearly $30k in student loans for my degree and some illegal "hispanic" alien will end up with a free ride only because of their illegal status?! I'm beyond mad, i'm hot about this one!!!!!!!!!!!!
30K? Luck you. I got 50. A friend of mine has 120. Another friend of mine 170.

Old 03-22-2009, 12:13 PM

Quote:

Dear All,

How can someone be an undocumented Chicano? That's an oxymoron.

Old 03-22-2009, 12:18 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,692,605 times
I am past the point of boiling. As I write this my 20 year old son is doing double shifts washing dishes, a job Americans won't do, and serving tables. He is happy he has a job and does not expect a free ride through college. This is part of his tuition money. What a shame.

Old 03-22-2009, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
I too am outraged. I can't say that I blame you one bit. It's way past time for a revolution and for every single American to draw a line in the sand and let their voices be heard in the ears of every alleged "American" politician. Enough already. It's come down to either you are with us or against us.

Old 03-22-2009, 12:34 PM

Quote:
I too am outraged. I can't say that I blame you one bit. It's way past time for a revolution and for every single American to draw a line in the sand and let their voices be heard in the ears of every alleged "American" politician. Enough already. It's come down to either you are with us or against us.
So what are you going to do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration