Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 08:26 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times

Advertisements

This is so warm and fuzzy. How many U.S. citizens would love to work and pay no taxes, save enough money to start a business, and live comfortably? I thought illegal aliens were fleeing poverty and starvation, and were contributing to our economy. I had no idea we were just being used.

Adios, Senor Rodrigues. Don’t come slithering across our border again if things get rough in Brazil. The U.S. is not a giant ATM to be used for your personal gain.

Quote:
FRAMINGHAM — For six years, Fernando Rodrigues lived the life of an illegal immigrant in Framingham: toiling more than 90 hours a week slicing meat at a Brazilian restaurant, staying out of trouble to avoid attention from the police, and getting paid under the table to save as much as possible, all to secure a life in his native Brazil.

Thursday was Rodrigues' last day in his adopted land, and he was beaming. He wouldn't say how much money he saved, but said it is enough to open a business and live a life free of financial worries for the near future. As he walked around downtown, he shook hands with friends and acquaintances.

"I'm leaving," he said to those who didn't know. "I achieved my dream."
Illegal immigrant couple going back to Brazil after 6 years - Framingham, MA - The MetroWest Daily News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2009, 08:34 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,408,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
This is so warm and fuzzy. How many U.S. citizens would love to work and pay no taxes, save enough money to start a business, and live comfortably? I thought illegal aliens were fleeing poverty and starvation, and were contributing to our economy. I had no idea we were just being used.

Adios, Senor Rodrigues. Don’t come slithering across our border again if things get rough in Brazil. The U.S. is not a giant ATM to be used for your personal gain.
Illegal immigrant couple going back to Brazil after 6 years - Framingham, MA - The MetroWest Daily News
Well, he stated "I achieved my dream". Amazing (but not surprising) how they always manage to achieve their dreams at the expense of and while turning the lives of Americans into a costly, perpetual nightmare.

Old 03-29-2009, 08:37 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Well, he stated "I achieved my dream". Amazing (but not surprising) how they always manage to achieve their dreams at the expense of and while turning the lives of Americans into a costly, perpetual nightmare.
Isn't that the truth! I'm still trying to understand how this man, and other illegals who take from this country and give nothing back, are considered such an asset.

Old 03-29-2009, 08:43 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
Too bad that our government was unable to seize that criminal's assets prior to him leaving.

Old 03-29-2009, 08:44 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times
He can also turn himself in and get free airfare home.

Old 03-29-2009, 09:14 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,408,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Isn't that the truth! I'm still trying to understand how this man, and other illegals who take from this country and give nothing back, are considered such an asset.
We both know that when you follow the money, the trail always leads to the greedy politicians, corporate crooks and ethnocentric racists who benefit from and continue to perpetuate the myth.

Old 03-29-2009, 11:22 AM

492 posts, read 1,149,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
At who's expense?? The man worked hard, putting in 90 hrs week, very likely working for low wages. He could have been doing drugs, on welfare and stealing like so many lazy, sue happy American citizens. He had a mission he put in his labor therefore he earned whatever he got. I applaud the man.

Old 03-29-2009, 11:34 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,328,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjester View Post
At who's expense?? The man worked hard, putting in 90 hrs week, very likely working for low wages. He could have been doing drugs, on welfare and stealing like so many lazy, sue happy American citizens. He had a mission he put in his labor therefore he earned whatever he got. I applaud the man.
At whose expense? The legal US taxpayer-that is who. In the first paragraph, they admit to working under the table-which means they did not pay taxes. I don't know, maybe it is just me, but I believe that is at the legal US taxpayer's expense. .

Just because someone claims to work hard, that does not excuse them from breaking the law. These criminals not only stole from legal taxpayers but also cut in line in front of those who could have come here legally, worked hard, paid taxes and chose to remain here and give back to the USA. All of their assets should be seized just as the US seizes assets from drug dealers, tax cheats and people like Bernie Madoff.

Old 03-29-2009, 11:51 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjester View Post
That would have been two decent jobs for Americans. He got paid under the table so he committed big time tax fraud.

Are all tax cheats great people? Or just the ones with the right ethnicity?

Old 03-29-2009, 12:32 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,286,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
That would have been two decent jobs for Americans. He got paid under the table so he committed big time tax fraud.

Are all tax cheats great people? Or just the ones with the right ethnicity?

What's the "right ethnicity" when Russians, Chinese, Koreans, Irish, British, Canadians, Hispanics, and here Brazilians are doing this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration