Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 01:13 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,362,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre8 View Post
In your original post you wrote, "...distributors in Mexico (the country from which the majority of this highly addictive form of meth is coming from..." Not sure what you meant, then.

No argument about the open borders. The Libertarians want it, the NAFTAites want it, big trans-national corporations want it, but I'm with you. I don't want it.
I only referred to ice meth. I never referred to any other substances.

Glad to hear you don't want open borders either. I'm with you on that one as you already know
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2007, 01:16 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,362,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tet tea View Post
Having an "open border" is an issue which has the ICE Meth makers and distributors in Mexico (the country from which the majority of this highly addictive form of meth is coming from, since the crack down by law enforcement agencies in the U.S. on meth labs and the ingredients used to make the drug in this country) rubbing their hands in glee.

That border should only be tightened even more. Ask the citizens of Atlanta, GA where the ICE meth epidemic is clearly on the rise.
Please re-read now. Hope it is clearer.

Old 03-30-2007, 01:40 PM

2,916 posts, read 11,078,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
How about, sorry I just plowed into your car and I dont have a license and insurance, sorry your neighborhood is trashed, or that we stole your husbands tools so we wouldnt have to buy any. Sorry you lost your job so i could have one, sorry all my kids rack up thousands of unpaid medical bills, or that we get food stamps to pay for food for my 8 kids, oh by the way thanks for picking up the tab for their birth as well. Oh sorry that I get my money in cash so i dont actually have to pay taxes, oh sorry I can claim 12 on my paycheck so i dont have to pay federal or state. Oh sorry you have to know spanish to buy fast food, I dont have the patience or desire to learn it. Oh but by the way I will only be here 5 or 10 years just enough to suck you services dry and I can have a nice retirement in Mexico.

You hear all that to?
Well, we hear what we hear, I guess. Reality is most likely a blending of what you and I both hear. I just wanted to balance what you hear with what I hear.

I would like to point out about taxes, however. Even if someone gets paid cash, he or she still pays taxes, sales tax, and if they rent, indirectly property tax. And as you probably know, property tax mainly pays for local services -- schools, parks, PD, FD, roads, water, sewer, etc., and a portion of sales tax is usually appropriated for local services, too.

Old 03-30-2007, 01:45 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,670,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cre8 View Post
Well, we hear what we hear, I guess. Reality is most likely a blending of what you and I both hear. I just wanted to balance what you hear with what I hear.

I would like to point out about taxes, however. Even if someone gets paid cash, he or she still pays taxes, sales tax, and if they rent, indirectly property tax. And as you probably know, property tax mainly pays for local services -- schools, parks, PD, FD, roads, water, sewer, etc., and a portion of sales tax is usually appropriated for local services, too.

I hear from personal dealings with them, which I have on an everyday basis. And the portion of the small sales tax, which every state does not have BTW, is not even close to paying for all the services they use. And lets talk property tax. maybe if they stopped living 5 families to a home it would account for more , but 5 families paying the small portion in rent on one home doesnt even touch our schools budget. Which in this state due to the 33 million ESl and free lunches cost, is killing our budget, and my kids suffer with cut programs.

Old 03-30-2007, 01:47 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,670,703 times
I completely understand they are poor and want more. But it give NO ONE the right to take advantage of others. We have plenty of our own here that need help.

Old 03-30-2007, 11:19 PM

1,233 posts, read 3,434,765 times
WE are soo screwed anyway you look at it here, too late to do change it cause people are herded so easily into being conned, too late.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration