Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2009, 12:19 AM

365 posts, read 756,154 times

Advertisements

Chart: Foreign-born workers by region of the country

In 2008, 24.1 million persons, or 15.6 percent of the U.S. civilian labor force age 16 and over, were foreign born. This is according to data released by the U.S. Department of Labor's Bureau of Labor Statistics.
[CENTER]

My question is by looking at this facts if over 24 million immigrants are foreign born and make up 15.6% of our labor force again "foreign born" and if you can see the west is close to 25 percent, it be interested to see if illegals are added to that.

my question if our labor force 154 million strong and 24 million are immigrants legal or illegal how can we not say that they boosted our economy in the 90's or forget the boosting. so you could say that our home grown trash is more lazy and less incompetant to compete with foreigners that have adapted faster and develop the skills to actually see the opportunities the locals dont?

we can whine all we want but again statistics keep showing that with the hispanic, and asian communities rising are showing the new face of america and the govermnent planned it to replace the baby OLD boomers.[/CENTER]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2009, 09:02 AM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iturbide1981 View Post
Chart: Foreign-born workers by region of the country

In 2008, 24.1 million persons, or 15.6 percent of the U.S. civilian labor force age 16 and over, were foreign born. This is according to data released by the U.S. Department of Labor's Bureau of Labor Statistics.
[CENTER]

My question is by looking at this facts if over 24 million immigrants are foreign born and make up 15.6% of our labor force again "foreign born" and if you can see the west is close to 25 percent, it be interested to see if illegals are added to that.

my question if our labor force 154 million strong and 24 million are immigrants legal or illegal how can we not say that they boosted our economy in the 90's or forget the boosting. so you could say that our home grown trash is more lazy and less incompetant to compete with foreigners that have adapted faster and develop the skills to actually see the opportunities the locals dont?

we can whine all we want but again statistics keep showing that with the hispanic, and asian communities rising are showing the new face of america and the govermnent planned it to replace the baby OLD boomers.[/CENTER]
All the cost/benefit analysis studies done so far have shown Illegel Immigrants are a net drain on the U.S. to the amount of many Billions.

Old 04-09-2009, 09:08 AM

365 posts, read 756,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
All the cost/benefit analysis studies done so far have shown Illegel Immigrants are a net drain on the U.S. to the amount of many Billions.
lol money tends to make people greedy, and want more of it. so trust me if illegals were a true drain they wouldnt be here right now. the nation would applied its true will a long time ago.

arent you aware of the numberes? how many employers we have penalized? having troops all around the world and letting more then half a million come each year? me I am not that stupid.

someone is benefitting from those hard workers and like the cowards we are were not adressing the true problems.
are you one of those?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration