Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 02:59 PM

1,181 posts, read 3,807,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Many would self-deport if the food stamps, free medical care, housing and anchor baby privileges were ended and jobs were not given.
That is the truth right there.
Seems like the states that have passed stricter laws requiring employers to verify status or face huge fines are working quite well for self-deportation as well. We don't have to round them up and return them anywhere. If they can't get a job they'll go home by themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2009, 03:07 PM

1,222 posts, read 3,830,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by levotb View Post
Blackshoe sounds like either a liberal or a libertarian. They believe in leaving illegals alone, "laissez faire". Such has been the case for decades, and look at what it's wrought! 30 to 40 million illegals, many who use stolen or fraudulent ID (felonies) to acquire jobs, bank accounts, apartments or homes, etc. They kill or murder on average 25 Americans per day, nationally, yet few people ever bring this up. They rape and molest our women and children in the hundreds of thousands per year. They do not assimilate. They cost U.S. taxpayers untold billions. Most of them do not pay taxes. The women and children who've broken into the U.S. almost immediately go on welfare. Chain migration and a corrupt USCIS are real problems. But many illegals can be forced to self-deport. It's called "attrition thru enforcement". I we enforce the laws on the books with BP interior raids as was started under Asa Hutchinson/Bush (and suddenly stopped by Hutchinson in 2004 after the very successful Ontario, CA warehouse raids by the Feds that netted over 400 illegals), many will self-deport. What the Governors of CA, AZ, TX and other Invasion states can do is go on statewide stumps, giving speeches, telling the illegals in their states (with a Spanish version being given simultaneoulsy by an interpreter) to leave within, say, 90 days or face severe jail time if arrested after that period. You'd see a bee line for the Border! The farmworkers would be allowed back into the U.S. once they got their papers and presented them at the Border crossings. Does anyone see Anhold the Girlie Man Governor doing this, the proud member of the Kennedy Klan? No. But pressure could be brought to bear on him either to do it or resign. If enough angry conservatives in CA can convince the muckey mucks in the GOP there, I believe Ahnold would get the message. There are Governors in the U.S. who are already doing almost that--Gov. Carcieri of Rhode Island, for one. That is certainly no conservative state!

Until then, Americans need to march on their state capitals demanding that their state enforcement officers arrest all the illegals in their states. There are more than 1 million gang members in the U.S. (FBI statistic from Jan. 2009). Illegal alien gang members are very likely 2/3s of that--600,000. The Feds and local police know who they are. They're afraid to grad them for various reasons. This must change. Already, there've been ICE raids in L.A. of gang members, but DHS' Napolitano wants to leave the illegals alone. She needs to be fired. Obama certainly isn't going to get tough on illegals. So, it's up the the states and local communities and the 287.g program is a start. But DHS under pressure from the reconquistas is trying to get rid of that law. Sheriff Joe isn't buckling from that pressure. Americans need to get behind their law and order sheriffs to INCREASE or start a 287.g program in their area, and Congressmen need to get involved with this as well. But the Governors are the key.

Blackshoe talks about the anchor baby issue. That will eventually be decided in SCOTUS. Most of us on the law and order side of things are saying "leave the anchors alone for now and concentrate on the Border-jumping parents". Only women can bear children. Female illegals need to be deported before they can drop their anchors. This business of ICE "releasing them for humanitarian reasons" is a crock. If they're illegal, back they go. If thuey won't take their anchors with them, the anchors become wards of the states suppoprted by the taxpayers. There are already moves in Congress to end Birthright Citizenship, but the Dems shoot down every attempt. That's going to change come 2010.

Blackshoe doesn't mention the Sanctuary City issue of the Invasion. If Sanctuary Cities--which run contrary to Fed. Immigration law--have their Federal money cut, then eventually they will end that protection for illegals and in particular, for illegal alien gang members. If the Feds were to get serious, they could arrest the Mayors and Police Chiefs of Sanctuary Cities as aiders and abettors of illegal immigration. It should have happened in San Francisco. It can happen in Phoenix, Houston, Dallas and elsewhere.

Right now, Americans are angry. They want action. Now is the time to push for enforcing the laws on the books and for pressuring Obama to start those BP raids on ther interior businesses again.
Well I had to call the cops on my noisy illegal immigrant neighbors....again, and the jerk showed the cop one note I had put under his door pleading for the music to stop or I would turn him in to immigration. The cop actually has the nerve to show me note and ask me in an authoritarian tone, why I wrote that and that it was over the top. I said it was my right and if the tenants were not illegal, why did they even care. I was desperate to get them to turn down their obnoxious music. This note was also written way after I had been nice to them, asking to keep it down. grhhh! The Police should have more power regarding illegal immigrants.

Old 09-15-2009, 10:34 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,045,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsywoman View Post
Well I had to call the cops on my noisy illegal immigrant neighbors....again, and the jerk showed the cop one note I had put under his door pleading for the music to stop or I would turn him in to immigration. The cop actually has the nerve to show me note and ask me in an authoritarian tone, why I wrote that and that it was over the top. I said it was my right and if the tenants were not illegal, why did they even care. I was desperate to get them to turn down their obnoxious music. This note was also written way after I had been nice to them, asking to keep it down. grhhh! The Police should have more power regarding illegal immigrants.
This should be a clear indication to you that they are not illegal immigrants. It actually showed the police that you are biased and you are the one threatening them.

Again, I sympathize with you regarding the noise but the only way would be to take it up with your landlord as it is clear that ICE does not scare them.

Old 09-15-2009, 11:03 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
This should be a clear indication to you that they are not illegal immigrants. It actually showed the police that you are biased and you are the one threatening them.

Again, I sympathize with you regarding the noise but the only way would be to take it up with your landlord as it is clear that ICE does not scare them.
All peace officers should be deputized by ICE to truly verify the status of probable illegal aliens.

Old 09-15-2009, 12:34 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,665,367 times
obvioulsy clear headed individuals understand this.

lack of sleep might be affecting her logic.

im sure she will write another note to the alleged illegals warning them about ICE.

Quote:

Old 09-15-2009, 02:40 PM

3,727 posts, read 6,223,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by levotb View Post
Blackshoe sounds like either a liberal or a libertarian. They believe in leaving illegals alone, "laissez faire".Blackshoe talks about the anchor baby issue.Blackshoe doesn't mention the Sanctuary City issue of the Invasion.
Blackshoe is a conservative,very anti illegal immigrant citizen.Not long ago Blackshoe had a post deleted and received a warning on this forum for what the mod claimed was trolling.BlackShoe is also a pragmatist.Much as many of us would like to do,we cannot simply press a button and have 15-20 million human beings vanish.Even given the will to do so,it would take years,or more likely decades,to sharply reduce the illegal presence.Try a little grim math;if 3000 of them either self or were forcibly deported every day of the year that would only mean 1 million a year going home.In the meantime,others would be either coming over or giving birth.At this rate,it might take a third of a century before they are gone.We cannot void citizenship for those born here,it is unconstitutional,and will never become fact.What we can do is amend the constitution to elimiante this loophole,eliminate sancuary cities,heavily penalize employers of illegals,deport any illegal arrested,use our technology to verify identities,and vigourously defend our border.

Old 09-17-2009, 01:46 AM

299 posts, read 635,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Many would self-deport if the food stamps, free medical care, housing and anchor baby privileges were ended and jobs were not given.
Agreed! We have to stop rewarding illegal behavior. So what if the child was born here, it was done through illegal means. If the child is an American citizen by birth, the parents still aren't. The child can return to this country legally on his own at the age of 18. But the parents shouldn't get to stay just because they managed to give birth here. No way should anyone here illegally be getting any type of government help. If we can afford to give them food stamps and medical care, then we can afford to transport them back to wherever they came from. We cannot afford illegal aliens. Millions of people have managed to immigrate in a LEGAL manner, so can everyone else.

Old 09-17-2009, 01:53 AM

299 posts, read 635,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulani View Post
Are there any large, uninhabited islands left on this planet? If one can be found then we could send all the illegals to this island and let them build it up as the British prisoners once did in Australia.
I like the idea of a large tent city (set up someone in the middle of the desert) to house the illegals until they can be deported back to their motherland.
Exactly! Instead of rewarding illegal behavior with food stamps and free medical care, let's make being caught here illegaly so uncomfortable that they can't stand the thought of ever trying again. Word would get out when they got back to their home country and would being to circulate and stop many from even trying. I'm not talking about torturing them, just making their living conditions so uncomfortable while they are waiting to return that they won't want to come back unless they do so legally. Also, anyone caught trying to enter the country illegally should have a mandatory waiting period of five to ten years before they can even apply to enter our country.

Old 09-17-2009, 02:10 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,045,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKR27540 View Post
Exactly! Instead of rewarding illegal behavior with food stamps and free medical care, let's make being caught here illegaly so uncomfortable that they can't stand the thought of ever trying again. Word would get out when they got back to their home country and would being to circulate and stop many from even trying. I'm not talking about torturing them, just making their living conditions so uncomfortable while they are waiting to return that they won't want to come back unless they do so legally. Also, anyone caught trying to enter the country illegally should have a mandatory waiting period of five to ten years before they can even apply to enter our country.
Where have you been? Do you know our immigration policies? You might want to do a little bit of research. This is already a practice. As a matter of fact, it has been for a number of years.

And how exactly do you plan to make it "uncomfortable"? Hey, I agree we have a problem. I agree we need to protect our border but everything has limits and we need to treat people like human beings.

Old 09-17-2009, 05:35 AM

1,222 posts, read 3,830,906 times
Quote:

No, it is my right to call ICE if I feel that way. If they are not illegals then theyshould not even be concerned about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration