Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 09:55 PM

396 posts, read 1,034,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
Many of these people are desparate and will do just about anything to make money. One of the reasons they are so desperate is they are here illegally and can not pick and chose when it comes to work.
Question: Why do you think someone would come to this country desperate and looking for work?
Also, why do you call these dirty jobs? I have friends who walk dogs for a living and pick up after them, they make enough to buy a home in a very expensive part of the country and pay a mortgage. Is that a dirty job?
I remember a time when teenagers worked at McDonalds, cut grass, and did whatever to pay for a car, insurance, whatever, not so much anymore; are those dirty jobs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2008, 11:12 PM

4,413 posts, read 5,145,849 times
America has a dismal record in making it's poor to operate at least to the minimal level of determination and productivity than they could normally be capable of. This is our system to blame and no body else. Our lazy governments only way to alleviate this mess is to just replace these people with reliable illegal immigrants and leave our poor to continue their downward spiral. What kind of system is that? Maybe our boasting of "Land of the Free" precludes us to urge our poor to get involved and be productive in this country. So then, the vicious cycle begins, our poor see these illegal immigrants and think, what the hell, they don't want us, let's go get high and go shopping (tax payers expense).

So when our current illegals are given amnesty, some will climb up the ladder of opportunity (25% MAX), and the rest will join our current poor class and they will probably (in this particular case) assimilate very well into the welfare system.

We should cut immigration and take our chances, we have the highest fertility rate in the industrialized world and can raise it with family friendly policies. We are NOT a nation of immigrants. We are a collective group of people here on this piece of land in North America who together call ourselves Americans. Some where born here, some immigrated legally, but we are what we are now and that is what matters. Some would like to bring back segregation because it would make life better in America for most people (so they say). In the 50's one said segregation then, segregation now and segregation forever. And these peole really believed segration was "good" for America, (made us stronger). We had a right to reject their arguement just as we have a right to reject these pro-massive immigration nut-cases of our time. Segregation served only a few special interest groups at that time. Just us mass-immigration serves only certain groups of our time. But neither served the greater needs of the "people". Sure, with segregation, you had a large number of racist whites who loved the idea. But how is that different with mass immigration, you have a large number of illegal immigrants, Large numbers of hispanics and other recent immigrants very happy about the status quo. Isn't it fair to call them racists as well.

My message to illegals. America holds 5% of the worlds population. Go find some in the other 95% to take in you, if you want to leave your country so badly. I believe we have done our part and then some......

Old 05-03-2008, 12:12 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof4252008 View Post
I have to agree with sidney, I have been through it also. I understand all the chaos with illegals working taking our jobs and so on and companies lately only want hispanics because of thier hard work and great attendence, I agree if they are going to be here they should become legal, however if we deport everysingle illegal immigrant, WHO Will do the tough job, picking tobacco in the sun all day on your knees, In trees picking fruits or on farms not to mention other nasty job, also what about the illegals that have children here, who will help support them thats just more taxes and welfare needs in my opinion, who's going to tell the child dont cry your dad or mom is gone because he/she does not have a card that is green. Its a lot to think about, you cant just say oh well and start deporting it more to the situation than people really think about.
Less than 4% of the illegals here are picking lettuce or fruit.

There are less than 2 million total jobs in agriculture in the USA and only about 25% of those jobs are held by illegals. Also the price of food has obviously not been held down with 30 million illegals in this country, it's more expensive than ever.

Old 09-15-2012, 04:11 PM

1 posts, read 1,474 times
They do the durty job like you say because people like you i am sure wolud not even step in a strawbwerry field to work. You should go to work in strawberry fields to know how hard is the job and appreciate the work they do. people should treat them better because thanks to illegal immigrants, California and other states are the richest states in harvesting strawberries.

Old 09-17-2012, 04:20 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyjr4ver View Post
They do the durty job like you say because people like you i am sure wolud not even step in a strawbwerry field to work. You should go to work in strawberry fields to know how hard is the job and appreciate the work they do. people should treat them better because thanks to illegal immigrants, California and other states are the richest states in harvesting strawberries.
Very very very few of the illegals living it up in the USA are here to pick strawberries.

The total number of jobs in all of agriculture in the USA is less than 800,000, obviously not all these less than 800,000 are illegals. It certainly does not justify the many millions of illegals in the USA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration