Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 06:43 PM

17 posts, read 48,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexiking View Post
we should discuss that on another post. I would humiliate you.
I think you'd do that to yourself pretty well. With your, nightmarish spelling and grammar.

Old 04-05-2007, 06:45 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,679,491 times
Quote:
we should discuss that on another post. I would humiliate you.
Not a chance, on either point. Been there done that, I dont know how many reports I had to give on it. But I do know the Mexicans view is a little skewed on the subject!

Old 04-05-2007, 06:52 PM

1,398 posts, read 6,609,078 times
I would propose that Mexiking pay my property taxes for me then, a request that could be tendered towards my local gangbangers who claim my sector of L.A. as their "turf" as well.

I would also prefer to backdate Los Angeles' history way past the Spaniards and consider the Tongva/Gabrieleno the rightful natives of our SoCal area, not the colonial interlopers from the mere 25 years of official Mexican takeover, pre-Treaty of Hidalgo. The Tongva had a fabulous oasis right in the middle of Uni High School, West L.A., which I've seen (it's now obscured in the southwestern portion of the former sports field. It used to be visible from Ohio Ave. 30 years ago.) I think they had the right idea for this place, a beach-dwelling, fishing and balmy agri-life on the West Side! I also prefer the Clovis to the Mexican culture as template as well.

History can be deemed relative all you want. Facts and current laws, however, are not. I'm an American, and abide by the laws of the present day U.S. of A. Anyone that comes here should as well.

A far better discussion, on topic, and less rehashed on this forum would be the differences in the colonial legacies of Los Angeles vs. Mexico City. We BOTH started out as colonies of Europeans overwhelming native populaces within a span of five to six hundred years ago. Both have incredible natural resources and amazing natural beauty. Despite the glitches of the past which it has worked so hard to overcome, America remains an enviable destination, where despite our current political enmity, people fron globe-wide wish to relocate to work in a fair workplace with a non-corrupt judiciary, and are welcome if they do so legally. America is a wondrously effective democracy. Mexico is. . . not. Compare and contrast...

Last edited by fastfilm; 04-05-2007 at 07:09 PM..

Old 04-05-2007, 06:52 PM

62 posts, read 181,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
I think you'd do that to yourself pretty well. With your, nightmarish spelling and grammar.
is that the best you have? i'm addressing like 8 people right now. I;m trying to answer them all as fast as I can. If I were Like you and only replied with 1 sentence at a time, I wouldn't have any problems would I?

Old 04-05-2007, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Not a chance, on either point. Been there done that, I dont know how many reports I had to give on it. But I do know the Mexicans view is a little skewed on the subject!
I challenge you then, Post a topic. Post your view, I will give my rebuttal. It's the "heroic" American version that is full of holes. We all know how Americans like to tell tall tales.

Old 04-05-2007, 06:56 PM

Quote:
is that the best you have? i'm addressing like 8 people right now. I;m trying to answer them all as fast as I can. If I were Like you and only replied with 1 sentence at a time, I wouldn't have any problems would I?

I'm not answering to just one person at a time, I'm also writing, talking, chewing gum. I'm also on 3 different computers, using e-mail, talking. If you can't answer questions that have to be posted 90 seconds apart you have problems. Or should I help you out and give you a copy of Open Office, so it can help you out with your spelling and grammar, you poor baby.

Old 04-05-2007, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfilm View Post
I would propose that Mexiking pay my property taxes for me then, a request that could be tendered towards my local gangbangers who claim my sector of L.A. as their "turf" as well.

I would also prefer to backdate Los Angeles' history way past the Spaniards and consider the Tongva/Gabrieleno the rightful natives of our SoCal area, not the colonial interlopers from the mere 25 years of official Mexican takeover, pre-Treaty of Hidalgo. The Tongva had a fabulous oasis right in the middle of Uni High School, West L.A., which I've seen (it's now obscured in the southwestern portion of the former sports field. It used to be visible from Ohio Ave. 30 years ago.) I think they had the right idea for this place, a beach-dwelling, fishing and balmy agri-life on the West Side! I also prefer the Clovis to the Mexican culture as template as well.

History, it seems, is completely relative. Cuirrent laws, however, are not. I'm an American, and abide by the laws of the present day U.S. of A. Anyone that comes here should as well.

A far better discussion, on topic, and less rehashed on this forum would be the differences in the colonial legacies of Los Angeles vs. Mexico City. We BOTH started out as colonies of Europeans overwhelming native populaces within a span of five to six hundred years ago. Both have incredible natural resources and amazing natural beauty. Yet America is a wonderously effective democracy, despite the glitches of the past which it has worked to overcome, and an enviable destination. Mexico is. . . not. Compare and contrast...

we are not evicting the tonga or the gabrieleno's. What I am saying is that none of it belongs to you guys. mexicans are Native americans, regardless if you chose to acknowledge that or not. The Clovis have already been disproven by the way, they were not the first whites here in America. So you can give up that dead horse arguement right now. Sure, mexico has problems , but America does also. America has grown wealthy by illegally Invading countries and raping them of their resources! America has grown rich through oppression and slavery, this is what you will ALWAYS be known for. If mexico is not effective and it's worth 1 trillion dollars. Than by your logic, Canada is not working either. Los angeles, was founded by MEXICANS! not whites, you all seem to forget that fact.

Old 04-05-2007, 07:04 PM

Okay, you are so far off it's not funny, you do realize that present day Mexicans are a mix of Mayans and the Spanish right? Who were from Central America. All while the Native American Indians lived in the United States.

Old 04-05-2007, 07:10 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,679,491 times
Quote:
I challenge you then, Post a topic. Post your view, I will give my rebuttal. It's the "heroic" American version that is full of holes. We all know how Americans like to tell tall tales.
You Challenge me? What is this a game show?!??!?! And no my tale isnt heroic, both parties commited horrendous acts, we just won the war, bitter much?

Old 04-05-2007, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
Okay, you are so far off it's not funny, you do realize that present day Mexicans are a mix of Mayans and the Spanish right? Who were from Central America. All while the Native American Indians lived in the United States.
correction, mexico has a population of 100 million people. 60% of which are mestizo, meaning half indian and half spanish. 10% are pure spanish white. the remaining 30% are PURE INDIAN! your arguement holds no water. Mexicans are Not from central america, we are from NORTH AMERICA! Where in the sam hell did you graduate from?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration