Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 08:44 AM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,851,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
A Santa Maria police procedure to confiscate vehicles from unlicensed drivers dominated most of an immigration forum Wednesday night at the Santa Maria Public Library.

The event, hosted by the immigration committee of People United for Economic Justice Building Leadership through Organizing (PUEBLO), drew a mostly Spanish-speaking crowd of more than 300 to the library’s Shepard Hall.
http://www.santamariatimes.com/articles/2009/04/23/news/featurednews/news01.txt (broken link)

Well, ain't that a shame. The police are confiscating the vehicles of people who DO NOT deserve to be in the country nor should those be allowed to drive in the first place.

Notice in the video that there is little to no mentioning at all of the legal statuses of those certain 'drivers'.

Last edited by antireconquista; 04-23-2009 at 08:53 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2009, 08:53 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,551,829 times
They're ANGERED? OK. Can you BLAME them? If you were illegal, and the police set out to enforce the law, wouldn't YOU be angry?

I mean, if you believed the law should be enforced, you wouldn't BE here...right?

If I was in the habit of drinking and driving several times per week, I can assure you I'd be VERY upset if I looked up the street one day and saw a D.U.I. checkpoint in progress. I would look at it as an affront to my lifestyle. Hopefully. though, the police wouldn't cancel their checkpoint just because they learned that I was angry.

Old 04-23-2009, 09:05 AM

479 posts, read 660,706 times
Too flippin' bad.

They should use those vehicles to caravan illegals back to Mexico. It would be putting them to good use and wouldn't cost much to boot.

If you aren't here legally get the F out!!!

Old 04-23-2009, 10:50 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,324,295 times
I always find it interesting when groups that support and advocate for illegal alien lawbreakers have words like justice in their name. Twisted-just twisted.

Old 04-23-2009, 11:06 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
I always find it interesting when groups that support and advocate for illegal alien lawbreakers have words like justice in their name. Twisted-just twisted.
Illegal aliens and friends=delusional thinking.

Old 04-23-2009, 12:32 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,551,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
It happens throughout the politically-correct world. One of the most restrictive pieces of legislation to come along in decades is called "The Patriot Act". An effort to promote amnesty for illegals is called "immigration reform". Many, MANY repressive governments overseas bear names such as "the People's republic of...."...or the "Democratic republic of....". And nightmarish, draconian regimes abroad call the US "The Great Satan". Mexico accuses the US of "oppressing" Mexicans (Mexicans who apparently prefer OUR oppression here to Mexico's 'tender embrace' back home.)

I guess we can thank Orwell for all this "Newspeak" (as he called 'PC' in his novel '1984', 50 years ago.) Remember where the 'hero' of the story worked, (as he busily cranked out disinformation to conform to the current government 'party line')?..The "Ministry of Information". And remember where he was ultimately taken, to be tortured, brainwashed, and made a 'new man'? To the "Ministry of Love".

Orwell could see this coming..and now it's here. Bad is good...good is bad....being illegal is 'not a crime'....and enforcing the law is 'oppression'. Legal workers are "lazy", illegal workers are "resourceful", and anyone who questions this is "racist". Suicide bombers are "martyrs", and those they kill "asked for it".

Orwell was pretty farsighted, it seems.

Old 04-23-2009, 03:29 PM

974 posts, read 1,586,760 times
Mac, may I say that I am blessed to read your posts my friend. You always have great insight and are very intelligent in your postings. I salute you my City Data Friend.

Old 05-01-2009, 09:21 PM

2 posts, read 5,319 times
They can have all the meetings they want, it is State law in California for a police officer to store a vehicle if the driver does not have a license. The law has nothing to do with illegals. If it was not State law, you can be assured that the Santa Maria police chief would not let his officers store the vehicles.

Old 05-02-2009, 09:14 AM

1,787 posts, read 3,848,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
They're ANGERED? OK. Can you BLAME them? If you were illegal, and the police set out to enforce the law, wouldn't YOU be angry?

I mean, if you believed the law should be enforced, you wouldn't BE here...right?

If I was in the habit of drinking and driving several times per week, I can assure you I'd be VERY upset if I looked up the street one day and saw a D.U.I. checkpoint in progress. I would look at it as an affront to my lifestyle. Hopefully. though, the police wouldn't cancel their checkpoint just because they learned that I was angry.
Great anology!

Old 05-02-2009, 09:42 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
This is stupid. Regardless if your here illegal or not, if you don't have a license and no one else in the vehicle does either, they are going to tow your vehicle. It is part of the added price you pay, when you break the law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration