Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 12:55 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,852,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Dr. Steven Camarota, co-author of the study, says the unemployment rate for 16- and 17-year-old native-born Americans for the same period was 22 percent, the rate for native-born high school dropouts nearly 20 percent, and even the rate for 18- to 29-year-old native-born high school graduates was a staggering 18 percent.

"These are the populations most in competition with illegal aliens, and they are doing disastrously in the U.S. labor market," he notes. "It would seem like an ideal time then to enforce the law and encourage illegal immigrants to go home -- but we're not doing that."
Illegal aliens, young Americans vie for same jobs (OneNewsNow.com)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2009, 12:57 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
yes they vie but not very hard. stinky attitude and no work ethic is not going to make for much of a foot race. funny ----americans hate unions.

Old 05-07-2009, 01:09 PM

2,095 posts, read 2,581,126 times
Maybe they would work harder if these jobs paid a decent wage. I would be happy to pay a few more dollars for a Value Meal at Mcdonalds if it means that an American teenager can have a job instead of an illegal.

Old 05-07-2009, 02:02 PM

50,262 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
yes they vie but not very hard. stinky attitude and no work ethic is not going to make for much of a foot race. funny ----americans hate unions.
Unions AND Illegal Aliens. We wouldn't need one if the other (IA's) were extinct.

Old 05-07-2009, 02:51 PM

4,875 posts, read 10,070,126 times
The Montgomery, Alabama-based Southern Poverty Law Center says that the Center for Immigration Studies (CIS) does not properly conduct studies and is actually an advocate group for reduction of immigration: SPLCenter.org: Center for Immigration Studies Reports

Read these *other* reports and see how the SPLC disputes them.

Also see this SPLC essay on CIS: http://www.splcenter.org/intel/nativist_cis.jsp

Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post

Last edited by Vicman; 05-07-2009 at 03:09 PM..

Old 05-07-2009, 03:36 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,407,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
I have to step in and disagree with you on this one. My son worked swing shifts at Walgreens all last Summer and plans to hit the ground running as soon as he gets home from school next week. The same goes for all of his friends. While some may have bad attitudes and a poor to non existent work ethinic, I think it's safe to say that the majority of college students and more than a few senior citizens have been displaced or are competing with illegal aliens; especially in fast foot places.

Additionally, with the economy being on the skids, I'd be willing to take it a step further and say that those who recently lost their good paying jobs and are fast running out of unemployment benefits are desperate just to have a job as well.

Old 05-07-2009, 06:11 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,254,467 times
If an employer knowingly hires an illegal immigrant in Arizona, that employer stands the chance of losing their business.

Old 05-07-2009, 06:25 PM

807 posts, read 1,302,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
If an employer knowingly hires an illegal immigrant in Arizona, that employer stands the chance of losing their business.
As the way it should be..

I have seen first-hand the impact that Illegal immigration has on many entry level jobs that were once done by college and high school students, retirees, or working Americans and legal immigrants that may have just been "down on their luck"..

Bussing tables at restaurants to work one's way through college used to be seen as a sort of rite of passage, now, at least from what I've seen in California, the college students have been replaced by Illegal Aliens, who barely know English. The same goes for Fast Food, Gas Stations, etc..

Just today, I was at a gas station and the female customer had to ask the cashier to REPEAT what he was saying because she could not understand what he was saying, while he was saying it in SPANGLISH! He also was not very polite slamming change on the counter, and not saying "Thank you".. I know.. I know.. "It's his culture" seems to be the excuse thrown out by ethnocentric groups, umm.. Politeness and common courtesy know NO Culture!

What tends to happen in many workplaces, sadly, is that once someone of Mexican dissent begins working there, they tend to pressure Management into hiring their friends and relatives. It is NOT uncommon to have ALL Hispanic workplaces in California, at places that aren't traditionally All Hispanic like grocery stores and gas stations. Diversity Dissappears!
No more eccentric hippie girl or friendly gentlemen of behind the counter at the Grocery Store, no more friendly old man at the coffee shop, no more asian, black, or middle eastern girl..

Old 05-07-2009, 07:09 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post
As the way it should be..

I have seen first-hand the impact that Illegal immigration has on many entry level jobs that were once done by college and high school students, retirees, or working Americans and legal immigrants that may have just been "down on their luck"..

Bussing tables at restaurants to work one's way through college used to be seen as a sort of rite of passage, now, at least from what I've seen in California, the college students have been replaced by Illegal Aliens, who barely know English. The same goes for Fast Food, Gas Stations, etc..

Just today, I was at a gas station and the female customer had to ask the cashier to REPEAT what he was saying because she could not understand what he was saying, while he was saying it in SPANGLISH! He also was not very polite slamming change on the counter, and not saying "Thank you".. I know.. I know.. "It's his culture" seems to be the excuse thrown out by ethnocentric groups, umm.. Politeness and common courtesy know NO Culture!

What tends to happen in many workplaces, sadly, is that once someone of Mexican dissent begins working there, they tend to pressure Management into hiring their friends and relatives. It is NOT uncommon to have ALL Hispanic workplaces in California, at places that aren't traditionally All Hispanic like grocery stores and gas stations. Diversity Dissappears!
No more eccentric hippie girl or friendly gentlemen of behind the counter at the Grocery Store, no more friendly old man at the coffee shop, no more asian, black, or middle eastern girl..
That makes my blood boil.............all of the above typically were Americans or at least green card holders. And for that matter; quite a few 'Hispanic' Americans are aced out by illegals as well-----------especially if the former do not speak Spanish.

Old 05-07-2009, 07:35 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Well for some borderline kids, a job is their best salvation. Sometimes getting around working people, learning what people at work do to keep a job makes all the difference.

It's very bad to have kids idle for years when the best training is the workplace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration