Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 02:59 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,408,610 times

Advertisements

GREENFIELD – A man who police said gave his 14-year-old daughter for marriage to an 18-year-old suitor in exchange for $16,000 cash, alcohol and food has been sentenced to a year in the Kern County jail.

Marcelino Martinez had faced multiple charges, including procuring a child for sex, and aiding and abetting statutory rape.

His sentencing Thursday followed a plea deal that reduced the charges to child endangerment. Prosecutors said the families involved are part of an indigenous group from Mexico where arranged marriages of teenagers are common.

Martinez, an undocumented immigrant, will be deported after he serves his sentence.

Father sentenced in sale of bride, 14

Unfortunately, he'll probably come right back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2009, 03:02 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,459,826 times
A year in jail for selling a human being - not to mention your own child and when the list of offenses includes child sex crimes? Even if he was an American, I'd be outraged.

Old 05-09-2009, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
A year in jail for selling a human being - not to mention your own child and when the list of offenses includes sex crimes? Even if he was an American, I'd be outraged.
Rightfully so. Anyone in their right mind would be outraged. However, the age of consent in mexico is 12 which in and of itself is an outrage. Selling/trading young girls in many 3rd world countries as disgusting at it is, is actually traditional.

The fact that this idiot crossed the border to do so simply reiterates their disrespect for the rule of law.

Old 05-09-2009, 03:15 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times
I really don’t know why we even bother to have laws in this country. This is a travesty, which seems to be the norm when illegal aliens are involved.

Old 05-09-2009, 03:18 PM

807 posts, read 1,302,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Rightfully so. Anyone in their right mind would be outraged. However, the age of consent in mexico is 12 which in and of itself is an outrage. Selling/trading young girls in many 3rd world countries as disgusting at it is, is actually traditional.

The fact that this idiot crossed the border to do so simply reiterates their disrespect for the rule of law.
Agreed!!!

Old 05-09-2009, 03:30 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,459,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post

He is an idiot - apparently he should have just stayed in Mexico and done it there.

As much as I despise having to pay for the incarceration and upkeep of criminal aliens, I suppose a small part of me is glad he did it here where he will be punished. OTOH, I'm not too sure you could call this slap on the wrist punishment.

Old 05-09-2009, 04:33 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,137,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
He is an idiot - apparently he should have just stayed in Mexico and done it there.

As much as I despise having to pay for the incarceration and upkeep of criminal aliens, I suppose a small part of me is glad he did it here where he will be punished. OTOH, I'm not too sure you could call this slap on the wrist punishment.
Prostitution is legal in Mexico. Children in the sex industry is somewhat the norm in any border town. This mentality is common in 3rd world countries. It just shows that they usually have the moral values of a snake. If it happened here, he should be given the same amount of time an American citizen would have. Ignorance is no exucse. This ain't Las Vegas baby. Makes me wonder, is this justice? The way the Mexicans think is "its just us" so its OK.

Old 05-09-2009, 05:14 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,994,521 times
This just proves my point that I've been making all along. Many many of the Mexican illegals bring their backward, neanderthal cultures here to the U.S with them. And it not only degrades our culture, but it forces Americans to put up with this crap because courts refuse to do the right thing.

This is the type of erosion I fled in California after my community had become overrun with illegals.

Old 05-09-2009, 05:31 PM

I totally agree with every single one of you guys, which is why I am always perplexed when those who support ILLEGAL immigration get upset when we site cultural differences as the number one reason we don't want them here. While we realize that Americans have our share of criminals, the commission of heinous acts such as beheadings are not commonplace here, not even amongst our worst known criminals. Additionally, the rule of law is for the most part adhered to in the US unlike in the 3rd world where heinous criminal acts is the norm.

Old 05-09-2009, 10:03 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,495 times
Quote:
Prosecutors said the families involved are part of an indigenous group from Mexico where arranged marriages of teenagers are common.

Next they will tell us that WE need to accept them and their ways or we are racist, xenophobic, etc., etc. This is why allowing in these people from radically different cultures who insist on clinging to their way of life (and are encouraged to do so by their ethnic advocacy groups) is simply not going to work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration