Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 07:20 AM

786 posts, read 4,735,776 times

Advertisements

I wonder if the media will play up the issue of immigration when they report the 32 murders at Virginia Tech. First they kept calling him an Asian American, but this is false. He is a immigrant on a temporary Visa to go to school, he is not an American.

Sure, we have people who are American Citizens who will commit mass killings but we are stuck with these people. As for immigrants or visitors we should only let in the best and brightest into our country and exclude those that have criminal histories, connection to terror or mental issues.

Add the 9-11 terrorists and now the Virginia Tech killer, all were foreigner using special Visa's to go to school. But their main interest was not school, but killing.

Last edited by Dingler; 04-17-2007 at 07:37 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2007, 07:28 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,054,374 times
Columbine and Oklahoma City have shown us that native born Americans are just as capable of killing large groups of innocent people.

Old 04-17-2007, 07:33 AM

504 posts, read 1,765,331 times
The man who shot the Amish girls was also a citizen.

Old 04-17-2007, 08:40 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,756,275 times
Every race and culture has their own share of monsters. I don't believe that's ever been disputed. Say what you will, but he was here legally. Even when all of the checks and balances are in place, there is no way to insure that we're not importing some other country's problem into the U.S.

When people come here illegally and kill, maim, or otherwise harm American citizens, that is crime which could have been prevented if our government was enforcing the law.

Last edited by Kele; 04-17-2007 at 08:48 AM..

Old 04-17-2007, 08:45 AM

606 posts, read 700,210 times
that's not true.
the gunman is a resident alien,from south korea.

see
www.vt.edu

Old 04-17-2007, 12:28 PM

1,233 posts, read 3,436,929 times
I think this was a rare incident and even more rare for a Asian to commit such an act, most are well educated, have good morals and are not like this, at all! I am not Asian btw!

Old 04-17-2007, 12:31 PM

1,499 posts, read 4,835,419 times
I posted about that...

1. HOW did he get his Green Card (if he has one, like Yahoo news is reporting)?

2. If he doesn't have a Green Card, then what is his immigration status.

Most importantly, is this guy an extremist or Anti-American type? If yes, what religion and WHERE did he get radicalized?

Americans need to know these things. This has nothing to do with race!! This is all about this person's views against Americans and freedom and that is what I wanna know.

Old 04-17-2007, 12:38 PM

452 posts, read 1,132,996 times
I found this a few minutes ago....Imagine if this bill would have passed. The outcome of this tragedy may have been avoided. It is from Jan 31, 2006

[quote]Jan. 31, 2006

HB 1572, which would have allowed handguns on college campuses, died in subcommittee.

A bill that would have given college students and employees the right to carry handguns on campus died with nary a shot being fired in the General Assembly.

House Bill 1572 didn't get through the House Committee on Militia, Police and Public Safety. It died Monday in the subcommittee stage, the first of several hurdles bills must overcome before becoming laws.

The bill was proposed by Del. Todd Gilbert, R-Shenandoah County, on behalf of the Virginia Citizens Defense League. Gilbert was unavailable Monday and spokesman Gary Frink would not comment on the bill's defeat other than to say the issue was dead for this General Assembly session.

Virginia Tech spokesman Larry Hincker was happy to hear the bill was defeated. "I'm sure the university community is appreciative of the General Assembly's actions because this will help parents, students, faculty and visitors feel safe on our campus."

Del. Dave Nutter, R-Christiansburg, would not comment Monday because he was not part of the subcommittee that discussed the bill.

Most universities in Virginia require students and employees, other than police, to check their guns with police or campus security upon entering campus. The legislation was designed to prohibit public universities from making "rules or regulations limiting or abridging the ability of a student who possesses a valid concealed handgun permit ... from lawfully carrying a concealed handgun."

The legislation allowed for exceptions for participants in athletic events, storage of guns in residence halls and military training programs.

Last spring a Virginia Tech student was disciplined for bringing a handgun to class, despite having a concealed handgun permit. Some gun owners questioned the university's authority, while the Virginia Association of Chiefs of Police came out against the presence of guns on campus.

In June, Tech's governing board approved a violence prevention policy reiterating its ban on students or employees carrying guns and prohibiting visitors from bringing them into campus facilities.[/QUOTE]

Old 04-17-2007, 12:44 PM

1,233 posts, read 3,436,929 times
I wonder why he was able to shoot people and then two hours later, shoot again? with all our tech and cameras, they did not see this? I dunno but that to me, just seems kinda of sketchy at best here,

Old 04-17-2007, 01:00 PM

1,499 posts, read 4,835,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chloedog View Post
I found this a few minutes ago....Imagine if this bill would have passed. The outcome of this tragedy may have been avoided. It is from Jan 31, 2006

Jan. 31, 2006

HB 1572, which would have allowed handguns on college campuses, died in subcommittee.

A bill that would have given college students and employees the right to carry handguns on campus died with nary a shot being fired in the General Assembly.

House Bill 1572 didn't get through the House Committee on Militia, Police and Public Safety. It died Monday in the subcommittee stage, the first of several hurdles bills must overcome before becoming laws.

The bill was proposed by Del. Todd Gilbert, R-Shenandoah County, on behalf of the Virginia Citizens Defense League. Gilbert was unavailable Monday and spokesman Gary Frink would not comment on the bill's defeat other than to say the issue was dead for this General Assembly session.

Virginia Tech spokesman Larry Hincker was happy to hear the bill was defeated. "I'm sure the university community is appreciative of the General Assembly's actions because this will help parents, students, faculty and visitors feel safe on our campus."

Del. Dave Nutter, R-Christiansburg, would not comment Monday because he was not part of the subcommittee that discussed the bill.

Most universities in Virginia require students and employees, other than police, to check their guns with police or campus security upon entering campus. The legislation was designed to prohibit public universities from making "rules or regulations limiting or abridging the ability of a student who possesses a valid concealed handgun permit ... from lawfully carrying a concealed handgun."

The legislation allowed for exceptions for participants in athletic events, storage of guns in residence halls and military training programs.

Last spring a Virginia Tech student was disciplined for bringing a handgun to class, despite having a concealed handgun permit. Some gun owners questioned the university's authority, while the Virginia Association of Chiefs of Police came out against the presence of guns on campus.

In June, Tech's governing board approved a violence prevention policy reiterating its ban on students or employees carrying guns and prohibiting visitors from bringing them into campus facilities.
I agree. A responsible Concealed weapon permit holder could have shot this animal who killed 33 people and this whole thing could have been avoided.

This is proof that creating a law that says you cannot bring a gun to a campus doesn't work!! . I mean this dude is going to commit 1st degree murder, why should he care about the misdeameanor of having a concealed weapon??

Yeah, he doesn't! Exactly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration