Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 12:25 PM

486 posts, read 984,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
So that nullifies his criminal act?
Did you read my response? I'm talking about the poor example.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:47 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,372,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gf1025 View Post
Did you read my response? I'm talking about the poor example.
Did you read MY response? I'm asking YOU if YOU think that since he performed a kind act that it makes him illegally entering the country ok?

Old 06-02-2009, 01:19 PM

3,010 posts, read 6,310,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gf1025 View Post
Apples and Oranges. He didn't cause the accident, he helped the child who was a victim of an accident completely unrelated to him entering the country illegally.
Apple and oranges nothing. The fact remains that he entered illegally. The child being there was a mere coincidence and yes, I commend him for what he did. However, it doesn't diminish his crime.

Old 06-02-2009, 09:07 PM

486 posts, read 984,489 times
Quote:
Did you read MY response? I'm asking YOU if YOU think that since he performed a kind act that it makes him illegally entering the country ok?
As much as I don't like to respond to threads in the illegal immigration forum because is clear to me that a level headed discussion about a delicate topic like this one is nearly impossible since it makes people overly emotional, I'll try. He broke the law, granted. Breaking the law isn't good. That doesn't mean he caused the accident so the baby, wasn't his victim. The example provided was about someone causing a bad situation and then saving their own victim. In this case, although he broke a law he didn't cause the situation, he chose to help an innocent child.

Last edited by gf1025; 06-02-2009 at 09:24 PM..

Old 06-02-2009, 10:45 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,562,173 times
Quote:
So that nullifies his criminal act?
I'd certainly say so. In fact, back when this happened, I recall advocating that EVERY illegal immigrant who saves a child's life..or pulls a family from a burning building...or stops a rape or a bank robbery in progress...or donates a kidney to a stranger...or any similar heroic act, SHOULD be considered for 'honorary citizenship', and a free education, and a letter of appreciation from The President.

The rest should be sent home.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:38 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,728,990 times
Meanwhile what was happening to the illegal's own children? Who was raising them? Children whose dad had left them to go after dollars? The illegal should have been home with his own children but left them for a very uncertain future.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:47 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,462,787 times
I guess there hasn't been an illegal alien to save a child in the desert since 2007 because there's only one article that gets posted time after time and it's this one!

We know already, old article from 2007...

One illegal saves a kid and he's the posterchild for all illegal alien do-gooders?

You guys have to scour the news better than this for positive illegal alien stories cause there hasn't been one since 2007, seems as if they're all being overshadowed by the rapists, child molesters, gang members, and anchor babies on welfare bleeding state governments dry.

Old 06-03-2009, 07:22 AM

3,010 posts, read 6,310,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I'd certainly say so. In fact, back when this happened, I recall advocating that EVERY illegal immigrant who saves a child's life..or pulls a family from a burning building...or stops a rape or a bank robbery in progress...or donates a kidney to a stranger...or any similar heroic act, SHOULD be considered for 'honorary citizenship', and a free education, and a letter of appreciation from The President.

The rest should be sent home.
Let me say something, Mac..If this guy were EVER to apply for US citizenship, go through the proper channels and gets it granted to him, I would be honored to shake his hand and say "welcome to the US, my fellow American".

My personal appologies to those for my getting hot headed yesterday and no disrespect intended.

Last edited by Gil3; 06-03-2009 at 08:26 AM..

Old 06-03-2009, 09:17 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,562,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil3 View Post
Let me say something, Mac..If this guy were EVER to apply for US citizenship, go through the proper channels and gets it granted to him, I would be honored to shake his hand and say "welcome to the US, my fellow American".

My personal appologies to those for my getting hot headed yesterday and no disrespect intended.
No disrespect taken, I'm sure....

Old 06-03-2009, 03:04 PM

709 posts, read 1,767,984 times
So because of that ONE GUY saving that lost child in the Arizona desert, are we supposed to look at all illegal immigrants in a more positive light now ? Al Capone was known for setting up food shelters to feed the homeless population of Chicago, so does that mean we should start seeing La Cosa Nostra in a more positive light from now ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration