Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 04:35 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,854,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Nope it's paranoia.
If we went by that example, then all anti-drug use activists, anti-racism activists, anti-deforestation activists, anti-crime activists, anti-child abuse activists, ARE paranoid because they're concerned about something that's occurring in many places and not just in their local area, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2009, 05:05 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,571,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Order View Post
I live in board state and I don't see the Illegals taking over my town. I don't understand what all this fuss about them taking over this country. I think everyone should worry about living their lives and not worry about others.
Good for you. I also live in a border state, and have never seen a Minuteman, nor a skinhead rally, nor heard anyone spewing anti-immigrant hatred...(unless you want to count this forum). So I guess we both agree that things 'aren't neccessarily as bad as they may seem'....right?

Old 06-04-2009, 05:16 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,914,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Good for you. I also live in a border state, and have never seen a Minuteman, nor a skinhead rally, nor heard anyone spewing anti-immigrant hatred...(unless you want to count this forum). So I guess we both agree that things 'aren't neccessarily as bad as they may seem'....right?
I live in a border state as well, and have an entire neighborhood move because of that fear. True story, my neighbors moved because the first Hispanic families moved in. Went from being a 60-70% White non-Hispanic neighborhood to about 40% today. It's ironic when your neighbors tell us to move because of the foreigners moving in. White flight in SoCal is paranoia.

Old 06-04-2009, 05:21 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,767,938 times
Well when you stick your head in the sand long enough and come up for air, you may see your country is no longer your country and you are now not welcomed to live peacefully in it. So why not let Swedes come over or Polish farmers come in mass and start voting their issues over your issues. See how long you are content. Take a look at Denmark today. The radical Muslims have all but destroyed and bankrupt the nation. I want America to remain America and our culture to endure, not be washed down or removed and replaced with something else.

Old 06-04-2009, 05:26 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,723,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Order View Post
I live in board state and I don't see the Illegals taking over my town. I don't understand what all this fuss about them taking over this country. I think everyone should worry about living their lives and not worry about others.

Wow, your one of those that cannot see the forest, because the trees are in the way.

That is because you live in a town where everyone knows everyone else's business, not a city where it is big enough to not be up in your face, but the evidence that they are there is everywhere. Illegals in small towns, might get $20 a day to work, where in the city, they might get $40 to $60 a day to work. Try to compete with that and use American labor.

That is like saying after 9-11-01, "a plane didn't fly into my house."

Old 06-04-2009, 05:29 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,201,386 times
New Order it will be a Blue Monday for you the first time your driveway is blocked when they start moving in -- get back to us on how you feel after that.

Old 06-04-2009, 05:29 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,584,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
I live in a border state as well, and have an entire neighborhood move because of that fear. True story, my neighbors moved because the first Hispanic families moved in. Went from being a 60-70% White non-Hispanic neighborhood to about 40% today. It's ironic when your neighbors tell us to move because of the foreigners moving in. White flight in SoCal is paranoia.
Are you saying your white neighbors welcomed you, a black man, but left simply because someone Hispanic moved into the neighborhood? I’m having a hard time believing that, unless they were illegal aliens living 20 per house.

Old 06-04-2009, 05:52 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,914,252 times
[quote=Benicar;9139318]Are you saying your white neighbors welcomed you, a black man, but left simply because someone Hispanic moved into the neighborhood? I’m having a hard time believing that, unless they were illegal aliens living 20 per house.

I'm mixed. I act "White" (saying "dude", surfing, skating, etc). I hate that term "act White". Living in a mostly White community and actually having people forget I'm Black (my friends on more than one occasion have mentioned that there was x-1 number of black students in our class, I'd have to point out that there was more...then they would say...I kind of forgot about you...it's a little sad). It's suburban Southern California. The city also had a large shift in the number of Black residents as well. From less than 5% when my dad was in college in the 1960s-1970s to 20% today (most moving in the 1980s and 1990s). Hispanics citywide went from 10-20% when I was little kid to about 30-40% today. Funny thing is, my neighborhood is as safe as it was as a kid...just a little tanner. Mostly second generation Hispanics live in this part of town, as well as educated Blacks. Some people stayed, and love the new diversity. Others left for Temecula, then Hesperia, then finally Phoenix (maybe points further east by now).

Old 06-04-2009, 05:57 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,996,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Wow, this is like the only board I see you on. You are really a soldier for the cause my friend. I have to assume your moniker represents your views as far as illegal immigrants are concerned. And God bless this nation they are plundering for giving you the right to express your feelings freely. But I have to say, I know you are not being truthful with your original post. I live in a state over a thousand miles away from the border and it is still overrun with illegal immigrants. I can only imagine what it's like in the states that border our southern neighbor. Please, atleast come at us with factual information instead of these constant sympathy threads. And if you are going to post a sympathy thread, atleast tell the truth. And if you really think you are telling the truth, I would suggest you travel a little farther out of town when you get a chance. Because you are obviously living somewhere off the map!

Or in Canada as was already mentioned by another user.
Well said!

Old 06-04-2009, 06:00 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,996,762 times
[quote=that1guy;9139635]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Are you saying your white neighbors welcomed you, a black man, but left simply because someone Hispanic moved into the neighborhood? I’m having a hard time believing that, unless they were illegal aliens living 20 per house.

I'm mixed. I act "White" (saying "dude", surfing, skating, etc).
Good grief....just how, exactly, does one "act" White? And if a White person posted on here that he/she acted "Black" or "Hispanic", wouldn't he/she be accused of being racist?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration