Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 08:10 PM

804 posts, read 1,359,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Endangered are the thousands of graduates from the state's high schools, colleges and universities who are not in the United States legally. The federal Development, Relief and Education for Alien Minors Act provides a path to legal residency for these students brought to the U.S. as children and who have good moral character if they attend two years of college or enlist in the military
Quote:
"Once they become adolescents, we leave them without access to mechanisms that lead to healthy, successful lives," said Roberto G. Gonzales, a UW assistant professor who has researched this phenomenon extensively.
And more support for the Dream act, from the people who make a difference: (maybe the ones against the DREAM Act should stop buying from these corporations, hahaha)

Quote:
Two months ago, Redmond-based Microsoft became one of the first major corporations to endorse the DREAM Act, urging lawmakers to move the legislation forward. Following suit last week were New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg and the CEOs of 18 New York corporations, including Macy's, Pfizer, American Express Company and Morgan Stanley.
And of course the never-ending support from educators:
Quote:
Many educators support it as well, including the Washington associations of school administrators and board members, the Seattle and Bellevue school boards and the trustee boards of Wenatchee Valley College and Walla Walla Community College.
Opinion | Time for undocumented students' DREAM to be realized | Seattle Times Newspaper

Old 06-04-2009, 08:15 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,457,651 times
Nope. It's not time. I could care less what their dreams are. They need to be home where they belong. Try to fulfill the dreams there.

Old 06-04-2009, 08:18 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,852,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Nope. It's not time. I could care less what their dreams are. They need to be home where they belong. Try to fulfill the dreams there.
And just imagine the differences that they could make back home.

Old 06-04-2009, 08:21 PM

31 posts, read 58,533 times
I have a dream one day people will have the moral character to respect our immigration laws thus resulting in no need for legislation like the "Dream Act". But I'm no fool, I know my dream will never come true

Old 06-04-2009, 08:24 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times
I’m sure these illegal alien ‘future scientists’ would appreciate the passage of this bill. It would be a shame not to give them an opportunity to pursue their dreams.

//www.city-data.com/forum/illeg...lled-sets.html

Old 06-04-2009, 09:12 PM

471 posts, read 587,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
As we all know: illegal aliens are the real losers.

Bingo! Back on topic.

DREAMies are little leeches on our system. Needs to be stopped ASAP.

Old 06-04-2009, 09:15 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam0084 View Post
Bingo! Back on topic.

DREAMies are little leeches on our system. Needs to be stopped ASAP.
A good place for a DREAMie is a jail cell prior to said criminal's deportation

Old 06-04-2009, 09:20 PM

471 posts, read 587,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
A good place for a DREAMie is a jail cell prior to said criminal's deportation

Do you find it as funny as I do that this is even being discussed? How can people not see thru the b.s. ? The only people who can be for ANY of these pro-immigration stances are the ones who either stand to benefit and/or pay little or no taxes. Do people not realize that, like OBAMA said, we are effectively broke! What do we have left to give? Some people are totally clue-less.

Old 06-04-2009, 10:12 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,852,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_builder View Post
I think many people see someone breaking laws and disrespecting other nations immigration laws to provide for their families as "losers". Not saying I think that way, but I can see why people would think that. After all, there are legal ways to immigrate.
Opposing those who break laws and believing that only legal immigration is acceptable?

Are you insane? There has to something wrong with you for suggesting those two possibilities!!!

Old 06-04-2009, 10:20 PM

31 posts, read 58,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
Opposing those who break laws and believing that only legal immigration is acceptable?

Are you insane? There has to something wrong with you for suggesting those two possibilities!!!
LOL, trust me, were I used to live, I would be considered crazy and racist for just suggesting those "possibilities". Thank god I moved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration