Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2009, 04:45 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,851,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Illegal immigrants will be barred from the state's community colleges for at least another semester while system leaders struggle to create a permanent policy on their admission.

The State Board of Community Colleges will meet this month to discuss the issue for the first time since deciding last August to commission a nearly $75,000 study on the issue. But they say that a decision is still months off and that an administrative rules review process will delay the introduction of a permanent policy even longer.

In the interim, illegal immigrants are temporarily blocked from enrolling in degree programs at the state's 58 community college campuses
No immigrant policy for community colleges | CharlotteObserver.com (http://www.charlotteobserver.com/breaking/story/765726.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2009, 05:14 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,406,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
No immigrant policy for community colleges | CharlotteObserver.com (http://www.charlotteobserver.com/breaking/story/765726.html - broken link)
Good for NC. I'm sure William Gheen had more than a little to do with this victory.

Old 06-06-2009, 05:19 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,137,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Good for NC. I'm sure William Gheen had more than a little to do with this victory.
They should be barred forever. They are illegals.

Old 06-06-2009, 05:19 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,455,874 times
Boo hoo. One more semester. Why can't they be barred permanently as earlier posters have suggested?

Old 06-06-2009, 05:20 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,406,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
They should be barred forever. They are illegals.
. . . . in every single state in the US.

Old 06-06-2009, 05:21 PM

50,254 posts, read 47,011,154 times
Get out your wallets you Illegal slackers. If you can pay you can play. The US is not your free buffet any longer if we do it right.

Old 06-25-2009, 01:12 PM

9 posts, read 28,339 times
Yay!!!!!!

Old 06-25-2009, 05:06 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,605,811 times
Now I'm all anti-illegal and all, but this could be a much different angle to actually let them in legally. Seriously... They are enrolling in community college. That is not free. They must be paying for it. I don't think an illegal can get a grant or funding other than their own cash. They are paying for their education. I see nothing wrong with that what so ever. With the education, the percentage goes way up, that they will not be a burden to our society. And they will have the education to go back to their home land and make it better. Now if this was a free, we tax payers pay for it deal, I would be totally against them being able to go, but they are going to be paying for their education in this instance. I don't see that as using the system.

Old 06-25-2009, 05:23 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Now I'm all anti-illegal and all, but this could be a much different angle to actually let them in legally. Seriously... They are enrolling in community college. That is not free. They must be paying for it. I don't think an illegal can get a grant or funding other than their own cash. They are paying for their education. I see nothing wrong with that what so ever. With the education, the percentage goes way up, that they will not be a burden to our society. And they will have the education to go back to their home land and make it better. Now if this was a free, we tax payers pay for it deal, I would be totally against them being able to go, but they are going to be paying for their education in this instance. I don't see that as using the system.
Agreed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration