Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 08:54 PM

2,381 posts, read 5,045,435 times

Advertisements

Austin, TX rally in support of giving legal status to illegal immigrants.

KAALtv.com - Protestors & Supporters Rally on Immigration (http://kaaltv.com/article/stories/S954667.shtml?cat=10219 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2009, 08:55 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,409,544 times
Quote:
Amnesty for illegal aliens - THE AMERICAN RESISTANCE FOUNDATION
Quote:

Unemployment (Household Survey Data)

The number of unemployed persons increased by 787,000 to 14.5 million
in May, and the unemployment rate rose to 9.4 percent. Since the start
of the recession in December 2007, the number of unemployed persons has
risen by 7.0 million, and the unemployment rate has grown by 4.5 percent-
age points. (See table A-1.)

Unemployment rates rose in May for adult men (9.8 percent), adult
women (7.5 percent), whites (8.6 percent), and Hispanics (12.7 percent).
The jobless rates for teenagers (22.7 percent) and blacks (14.9 percent)
were little changed over the month. The unemployment rate for Asians was
6.7 percent in May, not seasonally adjusted, up from 3.8 percent a year
earlier. (See tables A-1, A-2, and A-3.)

Among the unemployed, the number of job losers and persons who completed temporary jobs rose by 732,000 in May to 9.5 million. Employment Situation Summary
Sorry but the chicken little theory is no longer valid in the US.

I'm sure Americans will be happy to fill those jobs.

Old 06-07-2009, 09:12 PM

JDuds, its a reality. Its going to happen this time because Americans dont want to prolong it anymore and it looks like deportation is not an option. Ask your politicians, there is no way we can fund 42 billion, for just one state, much less for all 50. On the other hand, if you legalize them, they will be fined, there will be application fees and once legal, they can contribute even more in taxes to our economy. In any issue, money wins.

Sorry for your nightmare.

Old 06-07-2009, 09:20 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
JDuds, its a reality. Its going to happen this time because Americans dont want to prolong it anymore and it looks like deportation is not an option. Ask your politicians, there is no way we can fund 42 billion, for just one state, much less for all 50. On the other hand, if you legalize them, they will be fined, there will be application fees and once legal, they can contribute even more in taxes to our economy. In any issue, money wins.

You are trying so hard to break our spirit as Americans; despite you claiming to be a US citizen, you really do not know us that well at all.

We are slow to anger; once enraged-----------we go berserk---------and, that does not necessarily imply violence either.

Old 06-07-2009, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
You are trying so hard to break our spirit as Americans; despite you claiming to be a US citizen, you really do not know us that well at all.

We are slow to anger; once enraged-----------we go berserk---------and, that does not necessarily imply violence either.
This forum is an Illegal Immigration forum. Sorry if it hurts your feelings but I have every right to voice my opinion and my stance on the issue just as well as you do. I am American too and that is something you or anyone else cannot take away from me.

Old 06-07-2009, 11:47 PM

Default LA rally

LA, the city of immigrants, rally for Reform Immigration for America!

BTW, I only see American flags and marchers are not just Latino. They are Caucasian, African American, Asian, etc.

YouTube - Reform Immigration for America campaign launch in L.A.

Old 06-08-2009, 01:59 AM

Immigration Reform in support of illegal immigrants in Fresno.
Some activism involves prayer-Where politics and prayer meet

Prayer and Politics Meet in Fresno - KMPH Fox 26 Central San Joaquin Valley News Source in Fresno, California Entertainment, News, Sports and Weather |

Last edited by zacatecana; 06-08-2009 at 02:01 AM.. Reason: add city

Old 06-08-2009, 02:59 AM

1,448 posts, read 3,106,636 times
Quote:
LA, the city of immigrants, rally for Reform Immigration for America!

BTW, I only see American flags and marchers are not just Latino. They are Caucasian, African American, Asian, etc.

YouTube - Reform Immigration for America campaign launch in L.A.
Those illegal immigrants should march for economic reform in their countries of origin. Illegal immigrants marching for immigration reform in America is a joke.

Old 06-08-2009, 03:44 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,409,544 times
Quote:

DREAM(ie) on. Your desperation is so apparent, I almost feel sorry for you. If it makes you feel better, keep clicking your heels together and repeating "I am an American" while telling yourself that you know what Americans want. In the meantime, if I were you I'd keep my book bag packed. Don't worry about the travel arrangements, the cost of your one way ticket back to mexico is on me.

Quote:
From your link:

Supporters weren't the only ones with a message; others came to this vigil to speak out against illegal immigration.
"The people that are coming here illegally do not want to become Americans they want to live here, work here, and earn money here," says Paul Westrum.
Paul Westrum says illegal immigrants cost the country about 68 billion dollars a year, and opponents say it's time for that to stop.
"This is what's causing some of the economic problems we have today, is when you take 68 billion dollars and spend it on people that are here illegally,
it's taking away money from the taxpayers," says Paul Westrum, Against Illegal Imm.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 06-08-2009 at 04:29 AM..

Old 06-08-2009, 11:05 AM

1,787 posts, read 5,747,801 times
Default Amnesty Costs 70 Times More Than Enforcement

Quote:

The cost of amnesty: $999 billion.
The cost of attrition by enforcement: as little as $14 billion.
Amnesty would cost up to 70 times as much as enforcing existing law.
Amnesty Costs 70 Times More Than Enforcement | NumbersUSA - For Lower Immigration Levels

“But they are funding the Social Security system!”

The illegal alien lobby frequently touts the statistic that illegal alien workers contribute $7 billion each year to Social Security. They fail to note that for every $1 illegal aliens contribute to Social Security, they withdraw $10 in other government benefits.
“But they are funding the Social Security system!” | NumbersUSA - For Lower Immigration Levels

Tax Cost of Each Low-Skilled Immigrant Household

Robert Rector and Christine Kim of the Heritage Foundation calculated that an average low-skilled immigrant household costs federal, local, and state governments $19,588 per year more than it pays in all taxes.
Tax Cost of Each Low-Skilled Immigrant Household | NumbersUSA - For Lower Immigration Levels
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration