Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 08:50 AM

3,162 posts, read 11,434,007 times

Advertisements

One of our users showed me this article, she was reluctant to post it but I thought it was a good idea to shed some light on what goes on in Mexico regarding illegal immigrants, the problems they face, the reasons that lure them here and the different opinions from those that support them and create groups to help them and those who see them as a threat.

I hope that people who watch it do it with an open mind, the intention is to spark a mature debate.

Immigrants stream across Mexico's southern border | Worldfocus
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2009, 08:56 AM

2,095 posts, read 2,580,582 times
I'll watch it later when I have some time. It seems like everyone is an "immigrant" nowadays.

Old 06-08-2009, 09:41 AM

1,448 posts, read 3,105,634 times
At least Mexico's government does not entice them with free health care and other perks like the US. Our well intentions have created a monster.

Old 06-08-2009, 10:38 AM

291 posts, read 413,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
At least Mexico's government does not entice them with free health care and other perks like the US. Our well intentions have created a monster.
no the goal is to come to the usa and with open borders its a mass invasion , the poorest uneducted and sick come here.

Old 06-08-2009, 10:46 AM

291 posts, read 413,830 times
It does give some inkling to as the grand scale of the problems we face without the wall and military control. we are headed to become just as poor and corrupt as the places they are coming from.this is why I belive the solution is they need to fight for their own countries to have a better way of life.

Old 06-08-2009, 10:51 AM

50,244 posts, read 46,997,454 times
It's easy to understand why they come and also easy to see why the U.S. needs to shut down the magnet. Actually the magnet is multi-faceted. There is the possibility of jobs but even without jobs they can game the system to partially live off the Govt. That loophole needs closed by changing the 14th and cutting off free Social Services.
This unchecked illegal immigration has got to stop.

Old 06-08-2009, 11:01 AM

1,448 posts, read 3,105,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
It's easy to understand why they come and also easy to see why the U.S. needs to shut down the magnet. Actually the magnet is multi-faceted. There is the possibility of jobs but even without jobs they can game the system to partially live off the Govt. That loophole needs closed by changing the 14th and cutting off free Social Services.
This unchecked illegal immigration has got to stop.
I agree. Even if illegal immigration slows from Mexico many countries south of Mexico are worse off and their populations are exploding. Hard to feel sorry for people who refuse to limit family size in proportion to income.

Old 06-08-2009, 11:19 AM

50,244 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
I agree. Even if illegal immigration slows from Mexico many countries south of Mexico are worse off and their populations are exploding. Hard to feel sorry for people who refuse to limit family size in proportion to income.
It's not like all these people had a huge family then *bam* no jobs and they are now forced to migrate like Wildebeasts during a drought. Why would anyone have kids when they have trouble feeding themselves?

Old 06-08-2009, 01:02 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,589,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
It's easy to understand why they come and also easy to see why the U.S. needs to shut down the magnet. Actually the magnet is multi-faceted. There is the possibility of jobs but even without jobs they can game the system to partially live off the Govt. That loophole needs closed by changing the 14th .
You realize if that's done than the US government would have the right to revoke citizenship not only from "anchors" but from US citizens, including those who might express unpopular views? There might be a future "liberal"
administration which would decide to deprive conservatives of citizenship, or a future conservative administration which would deprive liberals of citizenship.

I'd really rather not go there. The US Constitution should be left as is. It's worked well enough.

Old 06-08-2009, 02:26 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,851,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
You realize if that's done than the US government would have the right to revoke citizenship not only from "anchors" but from US citizens, including those who might express unpopular views? There might be a future "liberal"
administration which would decide to deprive conservatives of citizenship, or a future conservative administration which would deprive liberals of citizenship.

I'd really rather not go there. The US Constitution should be left as is. It's worked well enough.
But the difference is that children born to US citizens, regardless of political affiliation, have every right to US citizenship; illegal foreigners and birth tourits don't. It's only because of a legal loophole that this continues.

In addition, I doubt that the numerous govt. benefits-milking anchor baby parents and anchor high school dropouts is any indicator of constitutional wellness.

Last edited by antireconquista; 06-08-2009 at 02:35 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration