Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 12:22 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,854,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Immigration lawyers say that PennDOT's plan to yank licenses from drivers without a valid Social Security number is unfairly penalizing immigrants who got licenses in the past without a Social Security card.

"It's devastating to them," said Philadelphia immigration lawyer Jon Landau. "These people are working, and many have jobs, like cleaning houses, which require them to use their car."
Quote:
"For many of these people, [a driver's license is] their only concrete identification," Landau said. "They use it to cash checks, to get on a plane, to enter buildings. Without it, they almost become a nonperson."

Many of Landau's clients are undocumented immigrants. Some have submitted applications for green cards. Others are waiting for immigration reform to offer them a path to legal residency.
Immigrants protest need of SS number to drive in Pa. | Philadelphia Daily News | 06/11/2009 (http://www.philly.com/dailynews/local/20090611_Immigrants_protest_need_of_SS_number_to_d rive_in_Pa_.html - broken link)

Waaah!!! Following the laws is so mean! Why must criminals be subjected to such unfair practices?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2009, 12:26 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,176,030 times
Oh boohoo, you illegal alien criminals.

Time to call the whaaaammmmmbbbbbbuuuulance.

Old 06-11-2009, 12:31 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,101,223 times
Illegal immigrants should be deported on the spot!

Old 06-11-2009, 12:56 PM

472 posts, read 741,854 times
"I got a license in 2000," said Gabriel, an immigrant who didn't want to use his real name. Gabriel is a carpenter in Northeast Philadelphia who came to the U.S. from Brazil with his parents 10 years ago. "When I got my license, they asked for my Social Security number, and I said the only thing I have is the tax-ID number, and they said that's OK."

So much for taking jobs US citizens won't do.Gabriel said that he was a legal resident with a visitor's visa when he got his license, and that PennDOT renewed it twice......

Obviously he knew he was over-staying his visa. Maybe part of the immigration reform should be to stop issuing visitor visas.

Old 06-11-2009, 01:23 PM

291 posts, read 414,487 times
I was over at the dmv in glendale ca yesterday very few spanish speaking what a joy not hear that and put up with screaming ill behaved kids.
needless to say it was the fastest we had ever been thur the process at dmv.looks like ca is doing a few things right finally. one thing we noticed on the trash cans a warning to not dump your lic papers in the trash , seem ID theft is the latest game at dmv.

do you think bo would like my idea of the labor jobs we created for free no wages paid to keep these criminals at bay? bring on the camps to build all our broken infastructure.shoot throw in some prison camps for field workers too! I am sure if they want to serve for food and bed for 7 years they would be granted legal citizenship.hows that for a free edcation?

boo--whooo! bybe dreamies!

Last edited by SickAndBroke; 06-11-2009 at 01:42 PM..

Old 06-11-2009, 01:32 PM

50,479 posts, read 47,229,720 times
We have this thing called a bus and a bus fair.

Old 06-11-2009, 02:38 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,584,624 times
Boo-friggity-hoo. When I misplaced my driver’s license, I had to provide not only my SSN, but my birth certificate, and proof of residence. . . . and I have been a licensed driver in MD since I was 16. Why do illegals have such a delusional sense of entitlement? More importantly, why is it always considered discrimination when illegals must abide by the same laws as citizens?

Old 06-11-2009, 02:40 PM

807 posts, read 1,304,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Boo-friggity-hoo. When I misplaced my driver’s license, I had to provide not only my SSN, but my birth certificate, and proof of residence. . . . and I have been a licensed driver in MD since I was 16. Why do illegals have such a delusional sense of entitlement? More importantly, why is it always considered discrimination when illegals must abide by the same laws as citizens?
Agreed.. I've had a similar experience and where was the ACLU to fight on my behalf?

Old 06-11-2009, 03:35 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,140,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post
Agreed.. I've had a similar experience and where was the ACLU to fight on my behalf?
But, illegals are different. Didn't someone tell you? No DL might break up famlies. How can they pickup food stamps?? No more free stuff??? Can't they just use your SS# for a while????

The ACLU will never fight for Americans. It was founded by two communist activists.

Old 06-11-2009, 05:20 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,510,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
do you have a gas leak somewhere in your house? After the 9/11 tragedy, everything got more strict, who cares if people overstay their visas. As long as they work, and pay taxes that makes them just as equal as the rest of us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration