Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 09:32 AM

804 posts, read 1,360,203 times

Advertisements

The funny thing about the baby thing is that I have friends back in my country whose parents came when they were pregnant, did some tourism, had the baby here, and then went back. They still live back home, but my friends were able to come to school here with no problem and either stay and work here or just went back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2009, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderlord View Post
Bostonian....

It's the word "rehired" as opposed to "hired" that I wonder about.

Regards,
BL
Likely is the same people, who is already trained, with a different SSN. And they'll probably work with the new SSN until the next IRS letter, that is not likely to come in less than a year.

Old 06-12-2009, 09:59 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
The funny thing about the baby thing is that I have friends back in my country whose parents came when they were pregnant, did some tourism, had the baby here, and then went back. They still live back home, but my friends were able to come to school here with no problem and either stay and work here or just went back.
Yes, we are all well aware of that prevalent scam. Clearly, you receive such delight from flaunting the myriad abuses perpetrated by you and your acquaintances. If this were YOUR country, I doubt you would have such a flippant attitude. This is precisely why we feel such utter disdain toward those who use this country for personal gain. It may be "funny" to you, but it is certainly no joking matter to citizens.

Old 06-12-2009, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Yes, we are all well aware of that prevalent scam. Clearly, you receive such delight from flaunting the myriad abuses perpetrated by you and your acquaintances. If this were YOUR country, I doubt you would have such a flippant attitude. This is precisely why we feel such utter disdain toward those who use this country for personal gain. It may be "funny" to you, but it is certainly no joking matter to citizens.
They are following this countries laws. And they are creating their own path to citizenship.

I do not see anything wrong with following this country's law.

And don't kid yourself, for legal and illegal immigrants, the main motivation to come here is for personal gain.

Last edited by Kellem; 06-12-2009 at 10:35 AM..

Old 06-12-2009, 10:35 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,905 times
Quote:
They are following this countries laws. And they are creating their own path to citizenship.

Did they pay the hospital bill for the delivery of their anchor? I am willing to bet they did not.

Old 06-12-2009, 10:36 AM

Quote:

And don't kid yourself, for legal and illegal immigrants, the main motivation to come here is for personal gain.
In the case of the illegals aliens, it is gain at the expense of Americans and legal residents. That is not acceptable.

Old 06-12-2009, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Did they pay the hospital bill for the delivery of their anchor? I am willing to bet they did not.

I am sure they did not, their insurances did.

Maybe that's a scam too, to get pregnant when you have insurance...

Old 06-12-2009, 10:41 AM

50,294 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
How is a vacation related to ---

[SIZE=2]Computer 'raid' in Vernon leaves illegal alien factory workers devastated[/SIZE]
this thread somehow got derailed.

Old 06-12-2009, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
In the case of the illegals aliens, it is gain at the expense of Americans and legal residents. That is not acceptable.
Again, this would be only for the ones that are coming here just for the welfare and not to work. Unless you can prove that all illegal aliens come for welfare this is not correct. And judging from the fact that you guys complain about IA taking jobs, then they not wanting to work doesn't seem to be the real issue.

Legal and illegal immigrants are both here for personal gain. Legal and illegal immigrants that come here for welfare are here to exploit the U.S. taxpayer. Legal and Illegal immigrants who come here to work are both here not to take advantage of the U.S. taxpayer, but to grow while letting the country benefit from their work.

The only difference between a legal and an illegal immigrant is that one was eligible to come here legally and the other did not.

Old 06-12-2009, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Again, this would be only for the ones that are coming here just for the welfare and not to work. Unless you can prove that all illegal aliens come for welfare this is not correct. And judging from the fact that you guys complain about IA taking jobs, then they not wanting to work doesn't seem to be the real issue.

Legal and illegal immigrants are both here for personal gain. Legal and illegal immigrants that come here for welfare are here to exploit the U.S. taxpayer. Legal and Illegal immigrants who come here to work are both here not to take advantage of the U.S. taxpayer, but to grow while letting the country benefit from their work.

The only difference between a legal and an illegal immigrant is that one was eligible to come here legally and the other did not.
If you are not eligible to come here legally, then stay out. The US is not some flophouse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration