Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 06:38 PM

291 posts, read 413,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
And the highlighted area reinforces my point. In my opinion, when people has to recur to de-humanizing other individuals in order to segregate them. It is because they know if people who are not radicals see the individuals as human they will not go for it.

I wonder what other groups tried to de-humanize their targets when trying to segregate them.
they insist on separating themselves by not assimilating they de humanize themselves by taking orders from the ring leader patrons...coyotes! rather than becoming legal and becoming part of society self respect not thur illegal hiding in the shadows supporters.
My God you cant make us pay your ways we want you to grow up!
take care of your own country 1st! then offer the usa something besides your dreamie crap!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2009, 06:39 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,991,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
No. However, we should realize that these crimes are not unique to illegal immigrants and thus posting a direct correlation is misleading to many people. We should realize that the crimes committed have NOTHING to do with legality status.
Of course violent crime is not unique to illegal immigrants. You're completely spinning the issue.

The point isn't to compare rates of violent crime between illegal immigrants and those who are living in the U.S. legally. The point is that many illegal immigrants DO commit crimes, some of which are quite violent and heinous. And this thread, as well as others like it, is a means of illustrating yet ONE MORE GOOD REASON why illegal immigrants should not be in our country.

Old 06-15-2009, 08:02 PM

706 posts, read 938,197 times
de-humanize illegal aliens
Main Entry:de·hu·man·ize Pronunciation:\(ˌ)dē-ˈhyü-mə-ˌnīz, (ˌ)dē-ˈyü-\ Function:transitive verb Date:1818: to deprive of human qualities, personality, or spirit
— de·hu·man·i·za·tion \(ˌ)dē-ˌhyü-mə-nə-ˈzā-shən, (ˌ)dē-ˌyü-\ noun

"Jun 7 - Avondale, AZ Police arrested illegal alien Osvaldo Mercado-Ortiz, 22 for the sexual assault of an 11-year-old girl.
Mercado-Ortiz was charged with sexual assault, sexual misconduct with a minor, and molestation of a child.
Jun 6 - Josefa Talavera, 20 waited two hours to call 911 after her illegal alien boyfriend Jeramias Aguilar, 21 allegedly threw her 2-year-old daughter to the floor, which resulted in multiple skull fractures.
"When paramedics arrived, the girl was unresponsive and has since been placed on life support."

I wonder if any of the children mentioned in the article might feel Dehumanized " ?

Old 06-15-2009, 08:40 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,061,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borderlord View Post
de-humanize illegal aliens
Main Entry:de·hu·man·ize Pronunciation:\(ˌ)dē-ˈhyü-mə-ˌnīz, (ˌ)dē-ˈyü-\ Function:transitive verb Date:1818: to deprive of human qualities, personality, or spirit
— de·hu·man·i·za·tion \(ˌ)dē-ˌhyü-mə-nə-ˈzā-shən, (ˌ)dē-ˌyü-\ noun

"Jun 7 - Avondale, AZ Police arrested illegal alien Osvaldo Mercado-Ortiz, 22 for the sexual assault of an 11-year-old girl.
Mercado-Ortiz was charged with sexual assault, sexual misconduct with a minor, and molestation of a child.
Jun 6 - Josefa Talavera, 20 waited two hours to call 911 after her illegal alien boyfriend Jeramias Aguilar, 21 allegedly threw her 2-year-old daughter to the floor, which resulted in multiple skull fractures.
"When paramedics arrived, the girl was unresponsive and has since been placed on life support."

I wonder if any of the children mentioned in the article might feel Dehumanized " ?
I catch your drift loud and clear.

And the pro illegal apologists accuse us anti's of dehumanizing people?

Old 06-15-2009, 09:31 PM

706 posts, read 938,197 times
"And the pro illegal apologists accuse us anti's of dehumanizing people?"

AZ Bear.....

Their attempts are designed to deflect people away from the content of the original post,.....nothing more....
They are trying to dehumanize those that disagree with them...
Very transparent......

Old 06-15-2009, 09:48 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,061,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borderlord View Post
"And the pro illegal apologists accuse us anti's of dehumanizing people?"

AZ Bear.....

Their attempts are designed to deflect people away from the content of the original post,.....nothing more....
They are trying to dehumanize those that disagree with them...
Very transparent......
As you stated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration