U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 06-15-2009, 09:54 AM
 
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
804 posts, read 1,258,919 times
Reputation: 137

Advertisements

Awesome video of some of the students that will be benefitted by the DREAM Act.

Also a person who opposes the DREAM Act is shown. A person who seems to have the same arguments as some people on this board.

Video - UCLA DREAM Act students on CNN | DREAMACTIVIST
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-15-2009, 01:25 PM
 
8,180 posts, read 11,883,019 times
Reputation: 2884
They should take this up with their parents....after all, their parents are the ones that choose to immigrate illegally. Their parents were the ones that choose to bring their children illegally into this country. It is not the US governments nor US taxpayers responsibility to educate these people.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2009, 01:31 PM
 
Location: The Wine Country, CA
807 posts, read 1,204,789 times
Reputation: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
They should take this up with their parents....after all, their parents are the ones that choose to immigrate illegally. Their parents were the ones that choose to bring their children illegally into this country. It is not the US governments nor US taxpayers responsibility to educate these people.
Absolutely agree!!!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2009, 01:37 PM
 
Location: San Diego
42,148 posts, read 38,087,402 times
Reputation: 26441
Read the vile comments about the woman's weight at the bottom of the article. Some really compassionate DREAMIES eh?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2009, 01:50 PM
 
Location: The Wine Country, CA
807 posts, read 1,204,789 times
Reputation: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Read the vile comments about the woman's weight at the bottom of the article. Some really compassionate DREAMIES eh?
But that seems to be the way the Pro-Illegals work.. Compassion ONLY for one group of people and if YOU DON'T like it, you should get an Education although many of the Illegals entering this country are uneducated (but of course they want to be educated at the expense of the U.S. taxpayer)..
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2009, 02:06 PM
 
3,712 posts, read 6,089,769 times
Reputation: 1289
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post
But that seems to be the way the Pro-Illegals work.. Compassion ONLY for one group of people and if YOU DON'T like it, you should get an Education although many of the Illegals entering this country are uneducated (but of course they want to be educated at the expense of the U.S. taxpayer)..
And don't forget that once they are legal, the DREAMIEs can then sponsor ma and pa after a specific amount of time. Ma and pa can then begin dragging over various family relatives and before you know it, we will have an entire clan living in the US. A clan that has only one member with an education.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2009, 03:14 PM
 
Location: San Diego
42,148 posts, read 38,087,402 times
Reputation: 26441
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
And don't forget that once they are legal, the DREAMIEs can then sponsor ma and pa after a specific amount of time. Ma and pa can then begin dragging over various family relatives and before you know it, we will have an entire clan living in the US. A clan that has only one member with an education.
All paid for by US tax payers
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2009, 05:28 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,170 posts, read 17,191,905 times
Reputation: 3035
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
And don't forget that once they are legal, the DREAMIEs can then sponsor ma and pa after a specific amount of time. Ma and pa can then begin dragging over various family relatives and before you know it, we will have an entire clan living in the US. A clan that has only one member with an education.
Also, these DREAMies aren’t even required to earn a 4-year degree. As long as they are enrolled in school (primary, secondary, college) they will be legalized and rewarded with their “path to citizenship.” It’s nothing but piecemeal amnesty.

They are also hoping it will be added to an unrelated bill; much like the time they tried to hide it in a ‘stockpile’ military bill.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2009, 05:46 PM
 
3,712 posts, read 6,089,769 times
Reputation: 1289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Also, these DREAMies aren’t even required to earn a 4-year degree. As long as they are enrolled in school (primary, secondary, college) they will be legalized and rewarded with their “path to citizenship.” It’s nothing but piecemeal amnesty.

They are also hoping it will be added to an unrelated bill; much like the time they tried to hide it in a ‘stockpile’ military bill.
I suspect all kinds of 'schools' will spring up to accommodate the new wave of potential scholars, also.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2009, 06:39 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,146 posts, read 39,416,503 times
Reputation: 3839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
Awesome video of some of the students that will be benefitted by the DREAM Act.

Also a person who opposes the DREAM Act is shown. A person who seems to have the same arguments as some people on this board.

Video - UCLA DREAM Act students on CNN | DREAMACTIVIST
ICE needs to investigate said DREAMies and deport them.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top