Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 01:41 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,043,506 times

Advertisements

Here is an interesting article about members of the Minutemen in Arizona who are also members of the neo-Nazi National Alliance. You be the judge.

Two faces of the anti-immigrant bigots
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2009, 01:48 AM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,851,480 times
There will always be extremists on BOTH sides of an issue.

For example, pro-amnesty and pro-illegal Antonio Villaraigosa & Cruz Bustamante were members of the radical and racist student group MEChA: SignOnSanDiego.com > News > Politics > Gray Davis Recall -- Bustamante's MEChA past fuel for conservative critics

Or how about members of the pro-amnesty and pro-illegal crowd being affiliated with the racist & brown supremacist reconquistadors of the Mexica Movement: MEXICA MOVEMENT: Indigenous Liberation for Anahuac

And what about members of the pro-reconquista group Coalición de Derechos Humanos being affiliated with the pro-illegal and pro-amnesty groups: Coalición de Derechos Humanos - Home (take a good look at Derechos Humanos' logo )

Last edited by antireconquista; 06-16-2009 at 01:58 AM..

Old 06-16-2009, 01:57 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,043,506 times
I have no problem discussing my opposition against some of these organizations that are pro illegal immigration such as Mecha and others.

I would like the focus of this specific thread to be Minutemen. You are welcome to start your own thread.

Old 06-16-2009, 02:02 AM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,851,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
I have no problem discussing my opposition against some of these organizations that are pro illegal immigration such as Mecha and others.
I appreciate that.

Quote:
I would like the focus of this specific thread to be Minutemen. You are welcome to start your own thread.
Fine.

So, some members of the Minutemen are racist and associate with other racist groups. It's a pity. I honestly doubt that all/most of them are racist though it's a shame that some are and doing so harms the group's objectives which are to watch the border and report illegal border crossings without engaging in violence.

I don't doubt that the Minutemen embraces racism at all because if it did then this guy would've never been accepted initially: Ted Hayes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'll continue this conversation tomorrow if you or anyone chooses to respond. Good night.

Old 06-16-2009, 03:04 AM

709 posts, read 1,766,792 times
Quote:
There will always be extremists on BOTH sides of an issue.

For example, pro-amnesty and pro-illegal Antonio Villaraigosa & Cruz Bustamante were members of the radical and racist student group MEChA: SignOnSanDiego.com > News > Politics > Gray Davis Recall -- Bustamante's MEChA past fuel for conservative critics

Or how about members of the pro-amnesty and pro-illegal crowd being affiliated with the racist & brown supremacist reconquistadors of the Mexica Movement: MEXICA MOVEMENT: Indigenous Liberation for Anahuac

And what about members of the pro-reconquista group Coalición de Derechos Humanos being affiliated with the pro-illegal and pro-amnesty groups: Coalición de Derechos Humanos - Home (take a good look at Derechos Humanos' logo )
Antonio Villaraigosa is currently the most far left radical liberal mayor of a big city in the entire United States. He makes Gavin Newsom look like a moderate centrist in comparison.

Old 06-16-2009, 05:53 AM

50,232 posts, read 46,991,184 times
They can't be too radical if 10-15% of the MM are Latino.

Old 06-16-2009, 06:00 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,554,889 times
There are racists in every organization in this country; including pro-illegal and anti-illegal groups. Some are closet racists, and others are blatant. It’s an unfortunate reality of life. I really don’t understand how focusing on this particular group negates the racism of all of the others.

Old 06-16-2009, 06:54 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,118,218 times
Quote:
Here is an interesting article about members of the Minutemen in Arizona who are also members of the neo-Nazi National Alliance. You be the judge.

Two faces of the anti-immigrant bigots
And some Minutemen are also 'people of color'; so what is your point?

As Benicar so eloquently put it; any group will have its share of extremists.

Old 06-16-2009, 07:50 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,745,787 times
Quote:

Exactly, they hate it when any type of negative light is shed on their movement.

Old 06-16-2009, 07:55 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,554,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Exactly, they hate it when any type of negative light is shed on their movement.
Unlike your side? We are all well aware of racism in this country. The fact that ‘some’ of the Minutemen may be racists should come as no surprise. Why are the racists in the Minutemen worse than the racists in La Raza, Mecha, or even your group of DREAMies? All racism is bad, regardless of their stance on illegal immigration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration