Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 05:02 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,405,301 times

Advertisements

October 18th, 2008 @ 1:29pm
by KTAR Newsroom

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k11/kutzwell/grlll.jpg (broken link)

Maricopa County Sheriff's deputies pulled over a van Saturday with 12 illegal immigrants inside. Among the group was an unclaimed 2-year-old girl.

MCSO officials are asking for the public's help in identifying the girl.

"I'm gravely concerned at the possibility that this child could have been kidnapped in Mexico and is being transported for sale here in the United States," Sheriff Joe Arpaio said in a press release.

"I will ensure that my deputies vigorously investigate this case to locate the true parents of this child and determine how this child ended up being unclaimed cargo in the smugglers' vehicle."

Deputies pulled the van over after it made an abrupt u-turn right in front of officers.

Of the 12 illegal immigrants, there were eight males and four females, and two were identified as smugglers.

http://ktar.com/?nid=6&sid=976218
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2008, 07:26 PM

9,599 posts, read 31,685,641 times
Another "Makes Me Wanna Puke" article, JDubs . . .

Only the lowest most despicable scum on earth could justify abandoning a two-year-old toddler.

Old 10-18-2008, 07:47 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,405,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post

Only the lowest most despicable scum on earth could justify abandoning a two-year-old toddler.
I know exactly how you feel. Here's one that will probably make you want to puke. Since they don't mention the status of these wilderbeasts I defer from posting it for discussion.

Quote:
The mother of a 7-year-old girl was convicted of manslaughter Friday for doing nothing to help as the tiny, malnourished child lay dying on the floor of their apartment, severely beaten by her stepfather.

The verdict closes a case that hastened reforms in New York's child welfare agency and made the girl's name, Nixzmary Brown, synonymous with child abuse. Nixzaliz Santiago was convicted of the same charge as her husband, Cesar Rodriguez, even though he delivered the fatal blow that killed the girl, punished after she was caught stealing yogurt.

Mother Convicted Of Manslaughter In '06 Death Of Daughter, 7 - News Story - WVIT | Hartford

Old 10-18-2008, 07:50 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post

My sentiments exactly!

Old 10-18-2008, 08:35 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,751,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
I know exactly how you feel. Here's one that will probably make you want to puke. Since they don't mention the status of these wilderbeasts I defer from posting it for discussion.
I'm sure American Latinos commit crimes too, just like every other ethnicity of Americans.
Youre not trying to make a point about illegals. What are you trying to make a point about?

Old 10-19-2008, 11:19 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,740,820 times
My first thought was that this child was perhaps abducted in Mexico and destined to be sold to a sex trade. Very sad and now Obama wants to make sure the illegals all get drivers licenses. Great.

Old 10-19-2008, 03:36 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,751,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
My first thought was that this child was perhaps abducted in Mexico and destined to be sold to a sex trade. Very sad and now Obama wants to make sure the illegals all get drivers licenses. Great.
What does illegals getting drivers licenses have to do with smugglers?

Youre able to differentiate international criminals(smugglers) with illegal immigrants(people immigrating to the U.S. illegally), right?

Old 10-19-2008, 03:57 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
The problem AMc is that many illegals are also smugglers. Many are used to mule the drugs in as part of the price for being transported from point a to point B. This is fact..
Not sure how the drivers licence ties in to the above but I agree it is outragious to alow illegals to gain a drivers licence.

Old 10-20-2008, 08:47 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,634,639 times
This is too sad. I wonder if they will do a dna test on all the people in that van to make sure they are not lying about not being her parents?
God, I wish I could hold her....I hope that whereever she is now, her caretakers are giving her lots of love.

Old 10-20-2008, 10:56 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,747,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
What does illegals getting drivers licenses have to do with smugglers?

Youre able to differentiate international criminals(smugglers) with illegal immigrants(people immigrating to the U.S. illegally), right?
Indeed.

Both are criminals.

My heart goes out to that poor child. She looks so forlorn and alone. You just want to hug her and tell her that everything will be okay. Poor baby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration