Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2009, 10:19 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
"Suzanne", a female caller to Mark Levin's show on June 25th, revealed the ominous secret of the Democrat health care reform effort.

I want to tell you that last week I attended a conference on health care reform sponsored by La Raza. And I will tell you that what they had to say, Mark, is scarier than anything that's been said so far on the health care plan.

The kind of comments that were made and the notes that I took... they started the conference out by saying "America does not need health care reform, but Latino immigrants need health care reform."

And someone from Menendez' office [Ed.: Sen. Robert Menendez, D-NJ] promised that he would make sure that "the useless barriers of citizenship would not be in this bill" and that he would make sure that they would use keywords like "streamline"...

And then they would say things like "you must go out into your communities, use words like 'streamline', use phrases like 'all workers' and 'all families'," because they said -- and I quote -- "If the American people find out that this bill is about giving health care to non-citizens, they will rise up against it."

And they also said that 75% of the children who will be picked up in this will be non-citizens and that 44% of the uninsured are non-citizens and they can't possibly allow the American people to know this." [Ed: Oops!]

And La Raza said if they get this, they don't even care about amnesty, because they've fixed it so that one family member can apply for all extended family members. And... Mark, if you think we have a problem with illegal immigration now, wait 'til you see the borders when this thing gets passed.
"If the American people found out?"
RED ALERT -- La Raza: "If the American people found out..."

From the NCLR website:

Excerpts from press release.

Quote:
NCLR CALLS FOR HEALTH REFORM THAT INCLUDES ALL WORKERS AND FAMILIES

Washington, DC—As our nation’s leaders consider health care reform in the coming weeks, NCLR (National Council of La Raza), the largest national Hispanic civil rights and advocacy organization in the United States, strongly urges President Obama and Congress to make every effort to ensure that health care reform reaches all communities. No single community stands to gain as much from this important debate as Latinos. In the U.S., one out of every three uninsured persons and roughly 40% of all uninsured children are Latino. NCLR stands for health care reform that makes coverage affordable and accessible for everyone—all families and all children.

NCLR cautions, however, that the positive impact of several reform proposals on the table may be undermined by additional measures that would severely restrict access to health coverage by mandating new, expensive verification and documentation procedures. “This debate should be about health care for all, and setting the nation on a pathway to future health and well-being. Adding layers of immigrant verification and bureaucratic red tape to a new health care system would guarantee that millions of citizen children are effectively barred from accessing preventive care and would raise the cost of health care,” Murguía noted.

“For this reason, we are extremely concerned that some view health reform as a way to scapegoat immigrants,” Murguía continued. “We agree that the immigration system needs to be fixed, but address that problem separately through immigration reform. The best way to reduce costs in our health care system is to ensure that people do not have to follow a long paper trail to get to the doctor and that everyone shares the costs of a new system. Making health care easier to use and accessible for all workers and children is simple common sense.”
National Council of La Raza: NCLR Calls for Health Reform that Includes all Workers and Families (http://www.nclr.org/content/news/detail/57979/ - broken link)

Quote:
While Latinos have high work participation rates and are the cornerstone of our nation’s low-wage workforce, among low-wage workers 63.2% of non-citizens of Hispanic origin and 36.3% of citizens of Hispanic descent are uninsured.
National Council of La Raza: Policies (http://www.nclr.org/content/policy/detail/1785/ - broken link)

Quote:
We need health care reform to solve problems for all communities in our country. Latinos and immigrants are an important part of this equation. Nearly one in three (32%) Latinos did not have health insurance in 2007; four in ten (44%) noncitizen immigrants were uninsured for that same entire calendar year. We must reform the inequities in care that many Latinos face and eliminate poor treatment in health care settings.
Send a letter to your members of Congress and urge them to include everyone in health care reform.

National Council of La Raza: Action Alerts (http://capwiz.com/nclr/issues/alert/?alertid=13414071 - broken link)

Quote:
In addition, NCLR is strongly opposed to any legislation which would inhibit immigrant access to health care because of mandates that require inquiry or documentation of immigrant status, or the collection of biometric information. Both are violations of basic civil rights and the patient-doctor privilege.
National Council of La Raza: Policies (http://www.nclr.org/content/policy/detail/1786/ - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2009, 10:38 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,083 times
Quote:
RED ALERT -- La Raza: "If the American people found out..."
Well, it looks like now that American people have found out. Be sure to spread this little gem far and wide. I am surprised they are stupid enough to actually say this stuff, but I guess I shouldn't be. As usual, they are concerned about nothing except what they can get for their grupo.

It is no secret that illegals are counted among the uninsured. They are part of the reason the numbers are as high as they are.

If this is rammed through, it will result in the total collapse of the American health care system. We will simply be overrun with Third Worlders seeking their 'free' medical care. NCLR either has no comprehension of the long term effects of this proposed law or, more likely, does not give a hoot.

Old 06-28-2009, 10:41 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Well, it looks like now that American people have found out. Be sure to spread this little gem far and wide. I am surprised they are stupid enough to actually say this stuff, but I guess I shouldn't be. As usual, they are concerned about nothing except what they can get for their grupo.

It is no secret that illegals are counted among the uninsured. They are part of the reason the numbers are as high as they are.

If this is rammed through, it will result in the total collapse of the American health care system. We will simply be overrun with Third Worlders seeking their 'free' medical care. NCLR either has no comprehension of the long term effects of this proposed law or, more likely, does not give a hoot.
Trust me: ever since their debacle of the illegal 'immigrants' rights' marches of 3 years ago---------every major attempt at amnesty for those illegal alien criminals has backfired.

The juggernaut is coming down harder and harder on illegals as more and more Americans realized that we are being fleeced.

Old 06-28-2009, 10:47 AM

27 posts, read 36,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post

I am inclined to believe it is the latter of what you have stated. As long as it benefits those of their race at the expense of the "gringo" they could care less. I would take it a step further and state that they are determined for Americans to be held financially responsible for their generational survival.

Last edited by Tenacious01; 06-28-2009 at 10:57 AM..

Old 06-28-2009, 10:57 AM

291 posts, read 413,930 times
And La Raza said if they get this, they don't even care about amnesty, because they've fixed it so that one family member can apply for all extended family members. And... Mark, if you think we have a problem with illegal immigration now, wait 'til you see the borders when this thing gets passed.
"If the American people found out?"

Well this explains why when i was shopping yesterday at Ralps's the woman had a STACK OF CHECKS.The market checker saw the look on my face when she said i am shopping for others.
He called another check to open a line for me but truely wish I had given the store manager and this money sucking woman a bit of my mind.

Old 06-28-2009, 04:36 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenacious01 View Post
I am inclined to believe it is the latter of what you have stated. As long as it benefits those of their race at the expense of the "gringo" they could care less. I would take it a step further and state that they are determined for Americans to be held financially responsible for their generational survival.
That's exactly it. A while back there was a proposal that employers would be required to provide health insurance to their employees.

Guess which group shot that one down. La Raza. It's argument was that "immigrant" employers coming here have a hard enough time and most of them are "hispanic" and it would be too much a burden, it would cut into the profits they make too much. They are also the biggest employers of illegals and would not be able to afford their employees if they had to provide them health insurance.

Old 06-28-2009, 04:58 PM

27 posts, read 36,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
That's exactly it. A while back there was a proposal that employers would be required to provide health insurance to their employees.

Guess which group shot that one down. La Raza. It's argument was that "immigrant" employers coming here have a hard enough time and most of them are "hispanic" and it would be too much a burden, it would cut into the profits they make too much. They are also the biggest employers of illegals and would not be able to afford their employees if they had to provide them health insurance.
Of course they shot it down. La Raza realizes that if employers have to provide health insurance to illegals whose birth rates far exceeds the average American, their profit margin would shrink substantially at which point the use of illegal alien labor would no longer be a cheap or viable option.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration