Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 06:20 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,574,667 times

Advertisements

I believe the vast majority of Latinos who support illegal immigration -- profit from it, have family or friends who are illegal, subscribe to the reconquista doctrine, or are themselves illegal.

Quote:
As the immigration debate heats up across the country, a new study shows Latinos in Charlotte-Mecklenburg are as divided over immigration reform as any other group -- and possibly more so.

The Crossroads Social Capital study, which measured social ties in the community, found almost six out of 10 Latinos (58 percent) in Charlotte-Mecklenburg feel immigrants are "too demanding in their push for equal rights."

"I'm upset at some of the demands I hear some parts of the illegal community making," said Ricardo Mata, a Venezuelan native who has lived in the country for two decades. "Sometimes, I get fed up at the double standards I see."

"I think the people who were surveyed were mostly established Latinos who are not having to face this issue," said Angeles Ortega-Moore, executive director of the Latin-American Coalition.

"My mother is now 88," said Petrea, who is principal of the Collinswood Language Academy, which is 60 percent Latino. "She came to the country when she was 22. She feels immigrants are too demanding. She would tell you they need to become Americanized and at the same time value their own culture. But don't expect people everywhere to speak for them or interpret for them."
Latinos also divided over immigrant rights - Local & State - News & Observer (http://www.newsobserver.com/news/story/1579706.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2009, 06:54 AM

549 posts, read 1,666,552 times
Latinos is a wide term. Mexicans are more related to U.S Americans. Venezuelans are not related to Mexicans. 2 different continents...South America (venezuela, brazil, argentina, etc) and north America (usa, canada, mexico). Of course people (including south Americans) are tired of the mexican illegal immigration wave. We should build a huge wall like the chinese one, and live inside our walls..kinda like a prison..that`d be great.

or...we could just penalize the greedy employers that hire illegal aliens as slaves,,, if illegals don`t have a job they will go back to mexico. but hey...wait a second...if that`s the most simple solution why it has not worked??ohh yeah..I know why...we are greedy...

Don`t hire illegal mexicans...don`t feed them and they won`t come anymore. Simple isn`t it?

Old 06-23-2009, 07:15 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,155,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduardo983 View Post
Latinos is a wide term. Mexicans are more related to U.S Americans. Venezuelans are not related to Mexicans. 2 different continents...South America (venezuela, brazil, argentina, etc) and north America (usa, canada, mexico). Of course people (including south Americans) are tired of the mexican illegal immigration wave. We should build a huge wall like the chinese one, and live inside our walls..kinda like a prison..that`d be great.

or...we could just penalize the greedy employers that hire illegal aliens as slaves,,, if illegals don`t have a job they will go back to mexico. but hey...wait a second...if that`s the most simple solution why it has not worked??ohh yeah..I know why...we are greedy...

Don`t hire illegal mexicans...don`t feed them and they won`t come anymore. Simple isn`t it?
Actually; there are huge differences between Argentines and Mexicans-------never mind when confronted by 'Anglo' situations---------the first two groups will tend to close ranks.

Old 06-23-2009, 02:12 PM

804 posts, read 1,360,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I believe the vast majority of Latinos who support illegal immigration -- profit from it, have family or friends who are illegal, subscribe to the reconquista doctrine, or are themselves illegal.

Latinos also divided over immigrant rights - Local & State - News & Observer (http://www.newsobserver.com/news/story/1579706.html - broken link)

Hell, I think some people are too demanding when referring to immigrant rights.

Every time I see a pro-legalization group go after more welfare, or Universal Health Care, it feels that they are undermining the main reason that, I think, immigrants are coming here for. To work and build a better life.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:29 AM

1,213 posts, read 1,632,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduardo983 View Post

It's funny about all of the illegal mexican bashers on this forum who neglect to condemn the scumbag American employers of illegals who are basically 99% responsible for the illegal mexican invasion. If these scumbag employers didn't hire the illegal mexican scabs the illegal mexican scabs would stop breaking in. There are certainly posters on this forum whose agenda is to bash illegal mexican scabs and take any heat off of the scumbag employers of illegals who are mainly responsible for the illegal mexican invasion. After all there are millions of illegal mexican scabs to kick out aren't there? They're expendible, right? The illegal mexican invasion will never be stopped until the scumbag employers of illegals get the **** kicked out of them for hiring illegals. The illegal mexican scabs still, of course, need to be kicked out. Comments?

Old 06-24-2009, 12:41 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,048,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post

Every time I see a pro-legalization group go after more welfare, or Universal Health Care, it feels that they are undermining the main reason that, I think, immigrants are coming here for. To work and build a better life.
You couldnt have said it better Kellem. It does make me really upset when I see headlines on the newspapers of American pro-legalization organizations fighting for more than legalization. These American organizations are not going about it the right way. Immigrants are not demanding Healthcare. They want legalization. This is what these organizations do for a living, they adovacate on every level for both legal and illegal immigrants. However, they are leaving a bad taste on Americans in general.

I'm not pro Universal Healthcare, much less giving healthcare to illegal immigrants. This is in no way fixing the chain migration of illegal immigrants to the US.

Old 06-24-2009, 05:35 AM

50,371 posts, read 47,120,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
You couldnt have said it better Kellem. It does make me really upset when I see headlines on the newspapers of American pro-legalization organizations fighting for more than legalization. These American organizations are not going about it the right way. Immigrants are not demanding Healthcare. They want legalization. This is what these organizations do for a living, they adovacate on every level for both legal and illegal immigrants. However, they are leaving a bad taste on Americans in general.

I'm not pro Universal Healthcare, much less giving healthcare to illegal immigrants. This is in no way fixing the chain migration of illegal immigrants to the US.
But obviously they aren't turning down anything that they can get their hands on. We do agree on this though, it doesn't help their cause at all.

Old 06-24-2009, 05:40 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,564,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
It's funny about all of the illegal mexican bashers on this forum who neglect to condemn the scumbag American employers of illegals who are basically 99% responsible for the illegal mexican invasion. If these scumbag employers didn't hire the illegal mexican scabs the illegal mexican scabs would stop breaking in. There are certainly posters on this forum whose agenda is to bash illegal mexican scabs and take any heat off of the scumbag employers of illegals who are mainly responsible for the illegal mexican invasion. After all there are millions of illegal mexican scabs to kick out aren't there? They're expendible, right? The illegal mexican invasion will never be stopped until the scumbag employers of illegals get the **** kicked out of them for hiring illegals. The illegal mexican scabs still, of course, need to be kicked out. Comments?
My only comment would be that, from your post, it appears that you're disappointed in those Mexicans who enter the US without going through the required formalities, and you're also disappointed in those Americans who provide them employment. It appears that neither group could be described as your 'favorite people'.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:23 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,747,673 times
Quote:

I think it's a broad generalization to say that illegals are here to work or to build a better life.

That may be true of some -- some will work hard and all that. Many don't work especially hard. Some worked hard back in Mexico or whereever they're from and their reason for coming here was so they wouldn't have to work that hard again.

Many come because they know that in the USA, you'll be taken care of very well if you work or don't work. Once the baby is born, working is an option.

And to claim they can't build a better life back home is absurd. Especially for those from Mexico where to become middle class, it takes pretty much the same ambition and personal responsibility as it does in the USA to be middle class. Illegals living in the USA are not better than their compatriots living back home, it's arrogant for them to believe they are.

Old 06-26-2009, 01:54 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,574,667 times
Quote:

Is it possible you don’t know the true motives of many illegal aliens? You may want to “think” most illegals are here to work and make a better life, but that isn’t necessarily true. If that were the case, we wouldn’t have millions collecting welfare, and scamming the system. We also wouldn’t have homeless illegal aliens, because if they couldn’t find work, they would return home. Moreover, we wouldn’t have thousands, perhaps millions of illegal alien gangbangers, rapists, murderers, pedophiles, etc.

Many illegal aliens were employed, especially those from Mexico, and are only here to receive a pay increase and freebies. They have not all come here out of desperation, and they are not all here to work. They simply consider the U.S. an easy mark.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration