Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2009, 08:46 AM

21,144 posts, read 41,996,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
U.S. Border Patrol agents recovered the bodies of two illegal immigrants and rescued four others near Gila Bend on Thursday in a search started by a 911 call - an increasingly common occurrence.
911 call saves border crossers in desert | Immigration | eastvalleytribune.com (http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/141881 - broken link)

Pathetic fools; had said illegals elected to stay in Mexico..........they would probably be alive today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2009, 11:04 AM

291 posts, read 412,524 times
Wow , just think what all the emergency helicoper and taxpayer resouces cost? send the bills to mexico.

again from the article;

Borstar agents have been sent out 270 times between Oct. 1 and July 13 and nearly 45 percent of the calls came through 911, Agundez said. That percentage has been increasing for several years as more illegal border crossers carry cell phones, he said

looking at the article, wondering if 4 out six survied were any of them sick or was it lack of water and food? how much money did any of them have? was some of them smugglers guides that survied ?

Old 07-19-2009, 11:06 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,393,803 times
I support rescuing border crossers if in need of help. I'm as anti-illegal as they come, but I don't want anyone dead. I want them kept out of the country. If they enter the country, I want them sent home - but kept ALIVE.

Old 07-19-2009, 11:27 AM

21,144 posts, read 41,996,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
I support rescuing border crossers if in need of help. I'm as anti-illegal as they come, but I don't want anyone dead. I want them kept out of the country. If they enter the country, I want them sent home - but kept ALIVE.
The above stated: if I, an American was fool enough to wander around the sand dunes near Yuma without appropriate provisions and knowledge (GPS, cell phone, etc) in the summer and wound up stuck---------it sure as hell would not be the fault of the US government if my dead carcass was found a few weeks later.

Old 07-19-2009, 11:29 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,393,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
The above stated: if I, an American was fool enough to wander around the sand dunes near Yuma without appropriate provisions and knowledge (GPS, cell phone, etc) in the summer and wound up stuck---------it sure as hell would not be the fault of the US government if my dead carcass was found a few weeks later.
I never meant it was the US government's responsibility/fault if they die. I simply meant that, if a call is received, help should be sent.

After rescue, they should be sent home immediately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration