Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 01:08 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,484,963 times

Advertisements

Times-Georgian - Group threatens to sue WGTC over classes for illegal immigrants

Quote:
The founder and president of the Marietta-based Dustin Inman Society, an organization founded to fight illegal immigration, has threatened to sue Dr. Skip Sullivan, president of West Georgia Technical College, and file a temporary restraining order against the college to halt all public benefits within the college.

Citing two state laws, one of which does not come into effect until January 2010, and two federal codes that define public benefits to include post secondary education funded with state and federal dollars, D.A. King contends that the college is not in compliance with the law because it does not ask for the legal status of people registering for its adult education classes, specifically its free English literacy classes.

Old 07-21-2009, 02:32 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,715,233 times
Seriously? You can sue for stuff like that?

Federal codes, eh? Hmmm??

They would have a field day, here!!

Old 07-22-2009, 12:47 PM

45 posts, read 111,615 times
I think this is great for georgia and its college's, keep it up! The new immigration law takes effect jan 1 2010!!!!!!!!

Old 07-22-2009, 03:04 PM

50,481 posts, read 47,209,181 times
There sure are a lot of people (Pro-Illegals) on that thread that think money (others) grows on trees. I'll tell you what if Illegals got funding by donation only and not tax payer money I bet there wouldn't be one single Pro-Illegal. Not even one.

Old 07-22-2009, 08:13 PM

31 posts, read 46,398 times
Quote:
There sure are a lot of people (Pro-Illegals) on that thread that think money (others) grows on trees. I'll tell you what if Illegals got funding by donation only and not tax payer money I bet there wouldn't be one single Pro-Illegal. Not even one.
The ACLU should use millions of their own dollars to house and feed the same illegal immigrants that they defend.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:03 AM

291 posts, read 414,464 times
Luckly most of the illegal spending can be stopped at state level.
We will contiune to see the cut off of payments state by state.
As this happens the illegals may go home or move to the next state that
they can still collect from, then as the people tire of the finacial and social burden
more laws will be passed and stringent enfocement will be the defacto.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:26 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,913,585 times
Stupidest thing i've ever heard...Let me get this straight, they are going to sue this college for spending money on illegal immigrants? They feel that there is a lack of money to educate them, and for that, they will sue? They claim that this college is in a budget crisis, thus sueing them will be the best way...Way to go hyper-nationalism!

Am I the only one that thinks that this suit is, well, stupid?

Old 07-23-2009, 08:29 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,484,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Stupidest thing i've ever heard...Let me get this straight, they are going to sue this college for spending money on illegal immigrants? They feel that there is a lack of money to educate them, and for that, they will sue? They claim that this college is in a budget crisis, thus sueing them will be the best way...Way to go hyper-nationalism!

Am I the only one that thinks that this suit is, well, stupid?
They want the college to spend more of their scarce funds on AMERICANS - who actually deserve it.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:39 AM

45 posts, read 111,615 times
I can't wait till he new law takes effect jan 1 2010.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:55 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,913,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
They want the college to spend more of their scarce funds on AMERICANS - who actually deserve it.
So they want to sue the college that has scarce resources...they feel that depleting the coffers more is a great idea. Do you see the irony of the situation?

People complain that illegal immigrants are under-educated. Thus, some obtain post secondary education. People then complain that Americans are not obtaining an education, or a quality one. Despite the fact that bachelor degree holders have risen from 20% in the 70s-80s to nearly 30% today. Tuition is NOT linked to illegal immigrants. The few illegal immigrants on that campus, CAN'T cause the financial strain on this university. They pay tuition, remember. Tuition is still a major source of revenue.

The point is that this is stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration