Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 04:06 PM

50,615 posts, read 47,460,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The USA is hurting but you don't see millions of Americans sneaking into other countries insisting they have a right to break the laws of those countries.

It's the responsibility of the people of a nation to work to improve their nation. Immigrants are fine when they come to become a part of our nation, because some people want to become American.

This kind of immigration is wrong because when people run away from the problems, the problems aren't solved. Leaving doesn't make the changes needed and the people left behind are often worse off. It's all about easy American dollars, the materialism these people crave.

For example the American Civil rights movement was not about breaking and ignoring the laws of other countries where things might be better, it was about taking a stance, putting even lives on line to work to better this country for all. Working to improve your own country can accomplish much much more but you might not have that latest 52 inch screen television fast.
Where is the out pouring of anger at the Govts that rule the Countries these people are fleeing? The pro-illegals have so much anger to throw at the tax payers their comrades come here to live off of but I'm not seeing anger at the real problem.

Old 08-01-2009, 04:08 PM

50,615 posts, read 47,460,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
If he was coming to work, the article doesn't say why he was crossing the border. Not all come to work.
If there are no jobs then they, by default, have to be coming here to live off of tax payers. What else is there? Theft? Criminal activity?

Old 08-03-2009, 04:53 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,182,018 times
What a tragedy that he was so deperate he was willing to face such terrible conditions. No food or water for 6 days. Only 22 years old. How sad.

Old 08-03-2009, 05:04 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,182,018 times
<<I blame the open borders crowd the most for these deaths because they entice people to make this dangerous crossing.>>

I agree. Doesn't the pro-illegal crowd know they're luring these people to make this dangerous crossing with hopes of a job, amnesty, and a better life?

Old 08-03-2009, 05:34 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,857,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
<<I blame the open borders crowd the most for these deaths because they entice people to make this dangerous crossing.>>

I agree. Doesn't the pro-illegal crowd know they're luring these people to make this dangerous crossing with hopes of a job, amnesty, and a better life?
But, NO HUMAN IS ILLEGAL!

Thus, they all should be allowed in and when illegals die in the desert it's almost always the US government's/society's fault, never theirs.

Great logic, isn't it.

Old 02-04-2010, 11:15 AM

1 posts, read 1,380 times
So many people have commented on why this guy does'nt fix his own country or why he is trying to come during a recession. Don't forget that a recession doesn't exactly make us a third world country. Their country doesn't even afford most residents the oportunity to learn to read, let alone institute great political reform. And most people there are much more poor than we can relate to even during a recession. A lot of them hire guides to help them cross the desert to come here and earn more money to send back to their families. In many cases the guide takes the money only to leave them stranded in the desert. This may very well have been what happened here.

American's wouldn't have to break the law to get into another country. The law's of other countries are much more welcomint. And again We are not a third world country. These people don't have the oportunity to improve their govt. or even get an education. Educate yourselves about a situation before making yourself seem ignorant.

They most often take jobs in dirty conditions that you couldn't get an American to work in, conditions where they could easilly get disease and make pathetic wages. But, it is still far better than where they come from, so much so they willingly risk their lives.

Last edited by Yac; 02-05-2010 at 05:06 AM..

Old 02-04-2010, 11:28 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,554,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPYWITHMYEYES View Post
American's wouldn't have to break the law to get into another country. The law's of other countries are much more welcomint. And again We are not a third world country. These people don't have the oportunity to improve their govt. or even get an education. Educate yourselves about a situation before making yourself seem ignorant.
Please educate us - which are these welcoming countries? You mean as an American, if I want to go be a Japanese or EU citizen, they will welcome me? I hope you'll indulge me.

Contrary to the US, are you telling us that Mexico is a third-world country? Not according to this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...y_GDP_(nominal)

P.S. if the laws of other countries are "much more wecomint[sic]" why didn't all the folks who are presently squatting illegally in the US go to one of those great welcoming countries instead? Could it be that there is no country that would welcome a tidal wave of millions of newcomers onto their soil?

Old 02-04-2010, 12:23 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,452,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
Guatemalan man dies after walking 6 days in desert | www.azstarnet.com ® (http://www.azstarnet.com/metro/303087 - broken link)

What is wrong with some of these people?

Well, I suppose that any knowledge of economics or US economic news wouldn't benefit some people at all or, perhaps he was hoping to take advantage of tax payer-funded benefits.
No doubt that overhauling the legal immigration system would probably prevent senseless deaths such as this one. Before anyone attempts to cross in this way they should absolutely go to the uscis.gov website and see if there is a possibility they could receive legal permission to enter the country. Sneaking in the country in this manner is extremely dangerous and not worth the risks involved in my opinion.

Old 02-04-2010, 12:27 PM

2,368 posts, read 5,121,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Could it be that there is no country that would welcome a tidal wave of millions of newcomers onto their soil?
You've never heard of all of western Europe have you?

There's actually a forecast that Turkish and other Arab Islamists will become a great portion of British, German, French, Dutch, etc. populations soon.

Old 02-04-2010, 12:43 PM

21,116 posts, read 42,241,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKUKUK View Post
You've never heard of all of western Europe have you?

There's actually a forecast that Turkish and other Arab Islamists will become a great portion of British, German, French, Dutch, etc. populations soon.
And attitudes in Europe are turning hard against any aspect of Muslim, etc. culture that conflicts with the former's secular laws and values.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration