Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 07:18 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,148,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The number of illegal immigrants
living in Arizona has plunged by one-third in the past two years amid a dismal job market and stiffer enforcement of immigration laws, according to researchers who released a new report.

Arizona saw the largest decline of any state, according to researchers at the Center for Immigration Studies, whose report shows that the nation's undocumented population fell nearly 14 percent from the summer of 2007 to the first quarter of this year, following years of steady growth.
Illegal-immigrant populace in Ariz. falls by a third, study says

I live here in Arizona and I have seen the dramatic decline of those losers in just the last two years here

And; not the use if the word 'illegal' in the headline----------that was a straight copy/paste from the original article. It appears that 'undocumented' is no longer PC.

Quote:
Bermudez says the center's estimate that 180,000 illegal immigrants have left is too low.

"I may even go higher than that, as many as 250,000 people," Bermudez said. "I get two or three calls a day from people who say they are leaving."
Elias Bermudez is a pro illegal alien apologist so his statement startled me as well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2009, 07:36 AM

2,857 posts, read 6,727,882 times
By all means, let's celebrate the collapse of the American economy. Anything to get rid of those darn illegals!

Old 07-30-2009, 08:12 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,148,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
By all means, let's celebrate the collapse of the American economy. Anything to get rid of those darn illegals!
With our high unemployment of Americans?

Besides: if this nation is such a bunch of pansies that we need illegal aliens to care for us------------we do not deserve to exist.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:17 AM

50,347 posts, read 47,088,247 times
Quote:
30 years ago the US survived without hardly an Illegal in sight. Kids could get jobs that are now careers for Illegal Aliens. Certain jobs like tree trimming has had the wage undercut so badly that an American can't live off of what it pays.

Many of these jobs will once again pay well enough an American can survive on what it pays.

Old 08-02-2009, 10:52 AM

804 posts, read 1,360,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
30 years ago the US survived without hardly an Illegal in sight. Kids could get jobs that are now careers for Illegal Aliens. Certain jobs like tree trimming has had the wage undercut so badly that an American can't live off of what it pays.

Many of these jobs will once again pay well enough an American can survive on what it pays.
Also 30 years ago it was not as easy to ship your job overseas or have a machine replace you.

Old 08-03-2009, 05:55 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,231,983 times
Quote:
ROFL are you trying to say that our economy tanked because we enforce our immigration laws? That would be one heck of a stretch wouldn't it?
Try this instead.
Our economy tanked along with much of the worlds because of greedy dim witted politicians, political corerectness,Greedy bankers,and yes irresponsible americans borrowing more than they could afford to payback.

Old 08-03-2009, 06:39 AM

167 posts, read 483,903 times
They may de leaving AZ but I have noticed a large increase in TN. Maybe they are just moving to another state. I hope not. They need to go home.

Old 08-03-2009, 07:45 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,470,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missinggreen View Post
I have noticed a large increase in TN.
There's been a large increase here in TX as well.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:00 AM

2,553 posts, read 2,437,286 times
I live in AZ as well, I'm sure it's due mostly to the economy but, I wonder if Sheriff Joe's policy towards illegal immigrants has also added to the decline. He's taken a lot of criticism for it. I know where I live in North Phoenix, day workers looking for work used to wait on the corner across from the post office but, it got so congested they now have a day worker center nearby that they can wait at to get picked up. There are flags and signs on the two main roads north and south of the center directing those looking for workers to the center. I've seen people protesting where the signs are (on the main roads) both in favor and in opposition to Sheriff Joe (not at the same time though)....not that often though. My point is that even though the check points (or what ever he does) have been few and with limited actual arrests/detainments, knowledge of them and his policy seems to be making a bigger impact.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:11 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,087,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
With our high unemployment of Americans?

Besides: if this nation is such a bunch of pansies that we need illegal aliens to care for us------------we do not deserve to exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration