Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 08:39 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,747,161 times

Advertisements

Go to the Number's USA website below. Fax your elected representation at no cost to you. Let them know how you feel with regards to various illegal immigration issues.

Ask your Representative to cosponsor H.R. 1940 to prevent birthright citizenship

http://www.numbersusa.com/index (broken link)

On April 19. 2007 Representative Nathan Deal (R-GA) introduced H.R. 1940, The Birthright Citizenship Act of 2007. H.R. 1940 would end the process of granting automatic birthright citizenship to the babies born in the United States to illegal aliens. Send this fax to your U.S. Representative asking them to cosponsor H.R. 1940, a bill to end the practice of granting automatic U.S. citizenship to the U.S.-born children of illegal aliens.

DETAILS:

Referred to as "anchor babies," these children born in the United States are one of the most prominent factors of excessive population expansion and illegal immigration. A spring 2005 article in the Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons cited that "Between 300,000 and 350,000 anchor babies annually become citizens… In 2003 in Stockton, California, 70 percent of the 2,300 babies born in San Joaquin General Hospital's maternity ward were anchor babies…"

This staggering number will only increase immigration levels and incentives for illegal immigration because anchor babies become eligible to sponsor their relatives and illegal alien mothers when they turn 21 years of age. Currently, there is no formal policy that forbids DHS from deporting the illegal alien parents of a child born in the U.S. Yet in most cases, immigration officials habitually choose not to initiate removal proceedings, allowing the parents to remain in the U.S. illegally.

Anchor babies additionally draw benefits and services from taxpayer dollars. The article continues by explaining "Anchor babies are citizens, and instantly qualify for public welfare aid…In 1994, 74,987 anchor babies in California hospital maternity units cost $215 million and constituted 36 percent of all Medi-Cal births. Now they account for substantially more than half." This is just one more incentive for illegal immigration. Not only can the baby serve as an "anchor" to pull a large number of extended family members into the country, they also can rely on the public services and benefits of the United States.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2007, 09:12 AM

1,499 posts, read 4,830,938 times
My Congressman, John Mica (R-FL) is 100x better than most Congresspeople in terms of Immigration reform/control.

He has intro legislation to end chain migration as well. Mica is great! Tom Feeney (R-FL) is on the border with my district too and he is good on that regards as well.

I am sad to be moving from his district because he is so awesome. I wouled campiagn for thsi guy for free in 2008!!

Old 04-29-2007, 01:27 AM

1,156 posts, read 2,088,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Go to the Number's USA website below. Fax your elected representation at no cost to you. Let them know how you feel with regards to various illegal immigration issues.

Ask your Representative to cosponsor H.R. 1940 to prevent birthright citizenship

On April 19. 2007 Representative Nathan Deal (R-GA) introduced H.R. 1940, The Birthright Citizenship Act of 2007. H.R. 1940 would end the process of granting automatic birthright citizenship to the babies born in the United States to illegal aliens. Send this fax to your U.S. Representative asking them to cosponsor H.R. 1940, a bill to end the practice of granting automatic U.S. citizenship to the U.S.-born children of illegal aliens.

DETAILS:

Referred to as "anchor babies," these children born in the United States are one of the most prominent factors of excessive population expansion and illegal immigration. A spring 2005 article in the Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons cited that "Between 300,000 and 350,000 anchor babies annually become citizens… In 2003 in Stockton, California, 70 percent of the 2,300 babies born in San Joaquin General Hospital's maternity ward were anchor babies…"

This staggering number will only increase immigration levels and incentives for illegal immigration because anchor babies become eligible to sponsor their relatives and illegal alien mothers when they turn 21 years of age. Currently, there is no formal policy that forbids DHS from deporting the illegal alien parents of a child born in the U.S. Yet in most cases, immigration officials habitually choose not to initiate removal proceedings, allowing the parents to remain in the U.S. illegally.

Anchor babies additionally draw benefits and services from taxpayer dollars. The article continues by explaining "Anchor babies are citizens, and instantly qualify for public welfare aid…In 1994, 74,987 anchor babies in California hospital maternity units cost $215 million and constituted 36 percent of all Medi-Cal births. Now they account for substantially more than half." This is just one more incentive for illegal immigration. Not only can the baby serve as an "anchor" to pull a large number of extended family members into the country, they also can rely on the public services and benefits of the United States.
I sent automated faxes to all listed, it was EASY. Thank you for link.

Old 04-29-2007, 01:57 AM

2,096 posts, read 1,468,029 times
Thank you for starting this thread. I have been a user of Numbers USA for some time now. It is so easy to access your representative and express your concerns. I also love the ability to get easy access to their voting records.

Old 04-29-2007, 06:31 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,464,947 times
A better idea would be to extend automatic US citizenship to the parents, grandparents, and siblings of all babies born in the US. That would go a long way toward helping to keep families together, allowing them to focus on what they came here to do...leading successful, productive lives that contrbute to both themselves and society...

Old 04-29-2007, 10:23 AM

There should not be rewards for criminal behavior. The best way is to cut off all social services unless someone is a legal citizen and has pledged allegance to this country. No anchor baby should be given automatic citizenship. No amnesty!

Old 04-29-2007, 11:19 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,464,947 times
It's MY dolly...you can't have it!!!

Old 04-29-2007, 05:09 PM

Just to set the record straight. I am totally against illegal immigration and will do everything as a citizen to impress that to my elected officals. I am NOT anti-Mexican. I am NOT against legal immigration. My ex son-in law is half mexican and I will love him as a son always.

Old 04-30-2007, 12:27 PM

111 posts, read 447,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post

DETAILS:

When will it be true?

Old 04-30-2007, 12:39 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,676,051 times
I certainly support this legislation to end birthright citizenship, it will have a rough road ahead before it becomes law though. And I doubt Bush would sign it, even if the democratic controlled congress passes it.

An easier way of accomplishing this may be to just file a federal lawsuit challenging the interpretation of the 14th Amendment that gives these illegals citizenship. I have more faith in the republican controlled USSC than the democratic controlled congress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration