Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 02:48 PM

141 posts, read 286,754 times

Advertisements

I wish I had a magical wand so i could turn everyone the same race, that way the attempted shame tactics used by pro-illegals would disappear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2009, 03:24 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,848,302 times
But the politically correct, far-left and ethnocentricists need to somehow silence and/or intimidate the dissenters in order to push their agenda!

Old 08-21-2009, 03:25 PM

141 posts, read 286,754 times
Yup, shame tactics and words.
it's like a girl calling a guy creepy, so he is shamed and goes away. same principle. call people racist and deflect from the issue

Old 08-21-2009, 03:50 PM

1,222 posts, read 3,824,326 times
I hate when people try to play that race card. I have never been a racist and do not hate Spanish people or any other race. I do dislike illegal immigration, because of the many negative issues that are a part of it.

Old 08-21-2009, 06:29 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,061,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syngar99 View Post
I wish I had a magical wand so i could turn everyone the same race, that way the attempted shame tactics used by pro-illegals would disappear.
Even that would not work: there was horrific prejudice against 'Irish' people as late as 50-60 years ago-----------never mind that they are the same ethnicity as most English/Scottish/Welsh/Castilian Spanish, etc. folks as determined by DNA testing.

People will always subdivide by ever more subtle nuances if the physical differences are factored out.

And of course: that does not absolve Mestizo Spanish speakers or any other race/ethnicity for being here illegally in the first place.

Old 08-21-2009, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsywoman View Post
I hate when people try to play that race card. I have never been a racist and do not hate Spanish people or any other race. I do dislike illegal immigration, because of the many negative issues that are a part of it.
Anymore: my comeback against the 'race card' as used by putative Hispanics is I am extremely prejudiced against illegal aliens irrespective of their lineage whereas legal immigrants; Mestizo or not-----------I welcome to my nation.

Old 08-21-2009, 06:31 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,253,323 times
no more than a cop that gets name called for stopping somebody after they run over an old lady.
you are really stopping bek of my race arent you?

Old 08-22-2009, 07:31 AM

807 posts, read 1,300,323 times
I find it funny when the Pro-Illegals use the "race" card as their argument as the idea of allowing Illegal Aliens to have more rights than LEGAL U.S. citizens and LEGAL Immigrants is racist in itself as it is allowing ONE particular group to take priority over ALL others..

Old 08-22-2009, 08:09 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,735,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsywoman View Post
Then how come you called Cubans(who are not illegal immigrants) and other Hispanics trashy in that other thread? Making ugly generalizations like that feeds into the notion that you just don't have a problem with illegal immigration.

Old 08-22-2009, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Then how come you called Cubans(who are not illegal immigrants) and other Hispanics trashy in that other thread? Making ugly generalizations like that feeds into the notion that you just don't have a problem with illegal immigration.
And guess what: those self centered illegal alien losers (most of whom happen to be Spanish speaking Mestizos) have all but ruined the reputation of those folks from Mexico, etc. here legally.

If the former had an ounce of class-----------they would self deport in droves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration