Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 03:16 PM

332 posts, read 644,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
He makes it obvious,even on tv, yet he's still in office.
Why are you surprised that he's still in office ? After all Los Angeles is predominantly liberal. Most liberal people do not support anti-illegal groups like the Minutemen, because they see people like the Minutemen as racist. Everytime the Minutemen visit a liberal college campus, they always get booed out of the building. Even Mahmoud Ahmadinejad got treated with alot more respect than the Minutemen, when he visited a liberal college campus in the U.S. Apparently to these liberal college yuppies being against illegal immigration is alot worst than being an anti-Semite who wants to wipe Israel off the face of the earth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2010, 03:55 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,429,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
They may clean their toilets but they sure don't clean mine ! So what if they work manual jobs, so do most of Americans ! And if welfare was eleminated except for the very poor, we would never need another foreign crop worker that cost us 100 times more to hire than an American making a decent wage would . One works and the rest of the huge familiy gets on welfare, free meds ,care shelter food credit cards ,new homes all thanks to the American suckers who are losing their jobs, homes and countrty .

How blind can we be ! Look at the vehicles most illegals drive now . I saw them load up 5 buggies of groceries into a Cadilac Escalade last mo. . I see them working in engineering jobs while American engineers are laid off. Who owns all our motels now ? Who owns our conveinance stores, when the last time you saw an american owned motel or store ? Who are most of our doctors ?
Black community lashes back at Mayor Villaraigosa.
(i'm still a member of Saveourstate.org )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fh-w...layer_embedded

Old 03-29-2010, 04:19 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Black community lashes back at Mayor Villaraigosa.
(i'm still a member of Saveourstate.org )

YouTube - we clean your toilets
Thanks for posting. Obviously, ALL blacks in LA are not fans of Tony V.

Old 03-29-2010, 07:25 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
It is extremely risky for an illegal alien apologist to throw the 'race card' against American Blacks, shall we say.
Yea, we'd bust their ass. I'm sorta joking, but I'm trying to wake up my fellow black people about how illegal immigrant advocacy groups are trying to use our history, civil rights movements and legacy to justify their amnesty. It's so disrespectful. I am surprised that there hasn't been much said about this little sneaky move that these illegal immigrant advocacy groups are trying to make by using black history in the US.

Old 03-29-2010, 07:32 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golem1979 View Post
Do most Black people where you live have a positive opinion of the Minutemen ? What percentage of Blacks voters in your area do you think would vote for a politician like Tom Tancredo ?
First of all, most black people here would have to be introduced to that group, made aware of who they are and then you could ask me that. I am in KY, I am just going to take an informed guess that black people here would know more about what is going on here before what you mentioned. With that said, none of that matters. None of what black people here don't know has anything to do with their stand on how illegal immigration here and in the US is negatively affecting them. They don't need to know who the Minutemen are, to say, "Hey, why is this McDonalds hiring this illegal immigrant when my own US-born son can't get that job while in high school to stay out of trouble, to develop work ethic, and to make money for college." You don't have to know who the Minutemen are and what they are doing to be fed up with injustice. That's the thing, your point is another "emotional" point. No one cares about all that when money, resources and comfort of life is being taken out of their pockets. They would say, "Who the f!ck is Tom Tancredo, give me my part-time fast food job back so I can make some extra money to put aside."

Old 03-29-2010, 09:29 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,895,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
My spouse is an American Indian. She's lived here over 15,000 years..probably more.

Thank God, she doesn't look half that old.

As far as I know, she arrived here from Asia, legally.
Unless shes 200 yr.s old she lives in a totally different place than her ancesters did .

When we came to America after the french and spanish this place was a wilderness . We came with education, used clothe instead of bear and buffolo hides , industry and skills that built the greatist nation on earth .

The indians had lived here for 1000 yr.s and still hadn't figured out how to get out of the teepees . Spun clothe or stop killing each other in trible wars . So don't act like this place was some kind of wonderland .

My best friend for 50 yr.s is half cherokee so I too love indians .

Most people need to learn about the real way things are .

Old 03-29-2010, 09:37 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,895,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
Fox news just had a Black commentator on. I tried to catch her name but she stated to the flavor of: "The race card is dead and using it, especially by Senators, is enraging Americans, and quite the insult, especially for the Black American. For those who continue to use this only show their ignorance to the issue and facts of illegal immigration. Americans are not stupid and the attempt to divide and conquer are antique."

I'm hoping the pro-illegal alien advocates can wake to the 21ST Century and see the issues at hand. Wonder what they will try to use next to try and destroy this country..

Maybe Star Parker, she is a good American . I don't watch tv anymore so don't know who she was .

Old 03-30-2010, 01:33 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,556,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
Unless shes 200 yr.s old she lives in a totally different place than her ancesters did .

When we came to America after the french and spanish this place was a wilderness . We came with education, used clothe instead of bear and buffolo hides , industry and skills that built the greatist nation on earth .

Most people need to learn about the real way things are .
That's an impressive list of accomplishments...clothe instead of buffolo hides...education..industry, etc..You sound like one HELL of a busy guy (guys?)...both of you. Congratulations and thanks for your contributions.

As far as my spouse living in a 'totally different place' than her ancestors did? Of course....few of us live like our ancestors did. She comes closer than I do, though...we live about 200 feet from the adobe house her great grandfather built (my son lives there now). Before that, the family 'migrated' from their ancestral lands, about 10 miles from here.

BUT..as you say, no one lives like his ancestors did. My wife is the first to admit this...and how this subject is relevant to illegal immigration in 2010 is a mystery to me.

But thanks for your post.

Old 03-30-2010, 01:48 PM

332 posts, read 644,312 times
Here is an article where Black leaders are basically calling Joe Arpaio a racist.
Sixty Black Leaders Condemn Sheriff Arpaio | IMAGINE 2050

Old 03-30-2010, 02:04 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golem1979 View Post
Here is an article where Black leaders are basically calling Joe Arpaio a racist.
Sixty Black Leaders Condemn Sheriff Arpaio | IMAGINE 2050
So what? They do not speak for the millions of black citizens in this country, anymore than 60 white people represent the views of every white citizen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration