Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 10:27 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,511,198 times

Advertisements

Don’t be surprised if they soon squash all anti-illegal immigration dialogue.

Quote:
NEW YORK, Oct. 16, 2009-- Does violence in the media, particularly hate speech against immigrants, impact levels of actual violence?

"Anti-immigrant hate messages delivered widely via media contribute to a climate of fear, discrimination and scapegoating. Hate speech implicitly or explicitly gives listeners permission to attack immigrants -- or anyone else who looks or talks 'differently' -- verbally and physically."

During the week, participants will be signing a petition to the Federal Communications Commission asking that it open a notice of inquiry into hate speech in the media.
wfn.org | Anti-immigrant hate speech targeted in campaign
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2009, 11:06 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,605,532 times
Funny...why do they go after that when so many conservative radio talk shows espouse hatred for our own president and government? Are they going to go after the multitude of pulpit thumpers who preach the same thing? Oops, that would be policing themselves, I think.

This will go nowhere, hopefully.

Old 10-21-2009, 11:17 AM

3,702 posts, read 18,166,687 times
Wow, it will be interesting to see most of the rap songs censored for hate speech about women and others that look or speak differently.

Old 10-22-2009, 04:16 PM

2,245 posts, read 4,219,376 times
Quote:
Anti-immigrant hate messages delivered widely via media contribute to a climate of fear, discrimination and scapegoating.
Perhaps Americans are tired of being brow-beaten day after day as to how we're racist/xenophobic/hateful/intolerant/etc. for not surrendering our nation to imvaders who will eventually make every state another California.

http://www.darkworks.org/laraza2.jpg

Old 10-22-2009, 04:19 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,607,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poltracker View Post
Wow, it will be interesting to see most of the rap songs censored for hate speech about women and others that look or speak differently.
Ah, thats a good point......one that won't be discussed by the FCC, but a good point nonetheless

Old 10-22-2009, 04:27 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,973,270 times
Freedom of speech soon to be dead in America, land of the free.

Old 10-22-2009, 04:56 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,029,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Read Culture of Critique View Post
Perhaps Americans are tired of being brow-beaten day after day as to how we're racist/xenophobic/hateful/intolerant/etc. for not surrendering our nation to imvaders who will eventually make every state another California.

http://www.darkworks.org/laraza2.jpg
My 'White guilt' has died. Those pro illegal alien 'rights' marches 3 years ago was the 'tipping point' for me. Insolent criminals who should never receive amnesty.

Old 10-23-2009, 01:42 AM

2,245 posts, read 4,219,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
My 'White guilt' has died. Those pro illegal alien 'rights' marches 3 years ago was the 'tipping point' for me. Insolent criminals who should never receive amnesty.
My tipping point was seeing Glenn Spencer for the first time on O'Reilly, back in July of 2001, then checking out his website later that evening and nearly falling out of my chair.

Old 10-23-2009, 09:57 AM

776 posts, read 1,272,197 times
Silliest. Thread. Evar.

Oh come on. The FCC inquiry is looking into HATE SPEECH. Not anti-illegal alien dialog. I doubt that big, bad Uncle Sam is going to repeal the 1st amendment any time soon. Especially over this issue.

Old 10-23-2009, 04:28 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,280,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Those marches did it for me also especially the Mexican flags and the reconquistas that held signs that said that "whites are illegally in this country" and "this is our land".

After that all the ethnocentrics advocating for amnesty for them and calling law abiding Americans racists for not going along with their agenda put the icing on the cake for me. They have divided this country and will never get what they want now as they have shown their true colors. I'd like them deported along with their illegal amigos for treason if it were at all possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration